Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Thanks Randy, changing those settings did help alot. Do you have any feedback from anyone on using the different throttle settings on the esc besides #3?
Old 04-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Last edited by Josh Keller; 09-26-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

seriously? No receiver pack or booster? I set my esc to the same settings and it wont run without the receiver pack . . .
Old 04-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Team Tekin

Version 189 will not run without a receiver pack at all and is also not the best with 4cell. Version 194 will run really well with mild motors for most of the battery and is great on 4cell. Late in the run you will see some throttle reduction as voltage of the pack drops. With faster motors the throttle reduction happens early in the run. With modified motors you may not get full power right from the start. We are tweaking the setting down as good as they can be without a receiver pack in the next revision.

The for sure fastest will always be with a receiver pack or booster because we never have to reduce throttle to keep the receiver alive.

Tekin Prez
Old 04-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Andres,

Email me for the 194 software: [email protected]

This will help you out loads.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Andres,

Email me for the 194 software: [email protected]

This will help you out loads.
I imagine you were talking to me? lol. Are you saying the RS should work without a receiver or booster if I'm running 194? I have 194 and can't see that working unless I am missing something. Maybe I am just confused . . .
Old 04-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Team Tekin

Maybe we are missing something. 194 works fine on 1S here on our carpet track and according to plenty of our drivers. It is smooth all the way thru, but does start fast and slow down as I have explained.

We are not really putting much effort into to trying to run 1S without a reciever bat or booster. The best we could hope for is to be almost as fast... and that is a waste of time.

Boosters are small, light and cheap. They are part of running 1S in our opinion just like a seperate bec unit is expected and needed in serious crawling. We could add the booster to the speedo but it double the size and that does not make sense either.

WE DO NOT LIKE 2s reciever packs. We do not like receiver packs in general because they are a pain. Easier to install the booster somewhere and be done with it. One battery, flip the switch and hammer down.

Tekin Prez
Old 04-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'm for the booster all the on my 1/12th 1S setup
Old 04-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Easier to install the booster somewhere and be done with it. One battery, flip the switch and hammer down.

Tekin Prez
I have not run the 1 cell with 194, but will do a practice next Tuesday. Is the switch still left off on the RS with the booster installed?
Old 04-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Team Tekin

Red wire in the servo plug and switch off with a booster or reciever pack. Tricks us into thinking we have 6v on the motor battery so we never reduce throttle to maintain 3V to the receiver. Only downside is the voltage cutoff does not work because we cannot measure the lipo voltage. Fortunately we are not using the entire battery and it drops off well before going to low.

The new software version coming allows you to leave the switch on and the voltage cutoff works so it can be set at 3V. No performance improvements are expected. You are getting all the battery can give right now with the switch off.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Red wire in the servo plug and switch off with a booster or reciever pack. Tricks us into thinking we have 6v on the motor battery so we never reduce throttle to maintain 3V to the receiver. Only downside is the voltage cutoff does not work because we cannot measure the lipo voltage. Fortunately we are not using the entire battery and it drops off well before going to low.

The new software version coming allows you to leave the switch on and the voltage cutoff works so it can be set at 3V. No performance improvements are expected. You are getting all the battery can give right now with the switch off.
"Red wire in the servo plug" What do you mean by that ?
Old 04-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

In certain applications people remove the red wire to use a seperate BEC or RX pack.

For the booster leave the red wire in.

Andrew, not sure what you're doing with an RS in your car anyhow by looking at your signature. But I figured if you needed help I'd offer.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:00 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

interesting, just when i thought i understood what to do.

when you say 'switch off with a booster', do you mean when the booster is wired to get power from the battery and energize the receiver? (makes sense)

but would you reccomend an inline booster between the RS's servo plug and the receiver, so that the receiver and servo would see the boosted voltage but the ESC would not. this way the normal switch would work. is this a bad idea somehow? (haven't tried it yet, i just ordered a little inline booster to try it out).

thanks for the help.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Team Tekin

The esc needs to see the boosted voltage. That is how we trick it into thinking it also has 6v on the motor battery. In the new version we will still need to 'see' that boosted voltage so we still do not care what the motor battery voltage is and can give you full power all the time on any setup or motor..... all the way to 0V.

We currently give full power but we are blind to the motor battery voltage. That is why we need a new version that allows the switch to be on so we can measure the motor battery voltage and activate the low voltage cutoff without losing any rip.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
In certain applications people remove the red wire to use a seperate BEC or RX pack.

For the booster leave the red wire in.

Andrew, not sure what you're doing with an RS in your car anyhow by looking at your signature. But I figured if you needed help I'd offer.

"Keep your friends close and your [competition] closer"

-Sun-Tzu-

Somebody's gotta fill Dumas in on all this new 1 cell stuff!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.