Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bolink 200mm World GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ummm.... it's a basic onroad pan car axle. If you search the Associated (www.rc10.com) and look at the instructions for the RC10L series of car you can see an exploded diagram of how it goes together.

Maybe if you can be more specific about how the wheel comes off, which wheel comes off, we can figure out the problem.

Secondly, i think those are RC10 tie rods? They were long enough, even length and in my tool box. Best i can tell you there. Traxxas makes some but they are 5-40 threads and typical AE cups are 4-40 thread. Little drill bit action will make them big enough. I've used that setup on some other projects.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Initiate

I have finally gotten around to building this thing. So far so good. When I am done I shall post a picture.

2Slow
Old 10-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pejota
Ummm.... it's a basic onroad pan car axle. If you search the Associated (www.rc10.com) and look at the instructions for the RC10L series of car you can see an exploded diagram of how it goes together.

Maybe if you can be more specific about how the wheel comes off, which wheel comes off, we can figure out the problem.

Secondly, i think those are RC10 tie rods? They were long enough, even length and in my tool box. Best i can tell you there. Traxxas makes some but they are 5-40 threads and typical AE cups are 4-40 thread. Little drill bit action will make them big enough. I've used that setup on some other projects.
you ever bring that thing to village? sorry i don't recognize everones screen name but i'd love some company in wgt down there..
Old 10-29-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=pejota;5431129]Took my own advice and drilled out the battery tray to accept pivot balls.

The difference in handling is like night and day. My litmus test is the street in front of my house. If a car can maintain any semblance of traction there, it should do pretty good on a prepared track with some tire sauce.

Prior to the pivot balls it was like driving on ice, zero traction. Now that the rear end can roll side to side, traction has come up. I switched the rear shocks to some RC18T front shocks i have for another project. Sadly, i have no local track so i can only test on local parking lots and tennis courts. I might have to make a few road trips to test this thing out.

I got the same shocks. What hardware did you use to mount them? The 2mm ball mounts will work to connect tothe shock but then I am at issue with getting the 2mm junk to attach to the chassis.