Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
ARGGGHHHH,
started building my CR'er this evening ...w/ 2 small kids and wife I don't get much time to myself ...tonight was my night. I am totally missing 2 plastic parts from the plastics bag. One part is the entire battery tree the other is the shock parts set. ...totally missing. Tonight was the first time I opened the box. I was very methodical in looking over every page of the directions and noticed that two part trees/bags are totally missing. Also my red liquid locking solution containter cap was not tighten and the liquid is all over the inside of that bag. The outer box of my CR'er is in perfect condition, so this must have happened before it was all packaged. -totally frustrating as now I have to call HPI for replacement parts. Funny, thing is that I had to send my original receipt in for the current $25 discount they are offering. So I have no proof I bought this kit!
The two parts trees are cheap, about $10 total, so I may just see if I can get them from some 3rd party and will probably get here quicker.
okay, little frustrated!
(I did make it out to a race today w/ my 4year old boy ...we raced my 1/18th scale street car). -so was still a good day!
shoot me a pm on the parts you are misssing, i might be able to help you out
Old 10-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the offer to help me out w/ the missing parts.
I actually already ordered them through another co' (w/ some upgrade parts).

-they were about $10 for the two missing plastic parts trees.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Okay, got another question ...

...as I am looking to get a Lipo battery and brushless setup, i am noticing that none of the recievers out there seem to accept lipo's as a battery source. Can I get a voltage regulator for the reciever (to connect to the lipo battery) ..and then use lipo w/ any reciever? I think the voltage regulators are called BEC's or something? ..thanks
Old 10-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

please delete this post (somehow my post was submitted 2x)
Old 10-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by eR1c
Okay, got another question ...

...as I am looking to get a Lipo battery and brushless setup, i am noticing that none of the recievers out there seem to accept lipo's as a battery source. Can I get a voltage regulator for the reciever (to connect to the lipo battery) ..and then use lipo w/ any reciever? I think the voltage regulators are called BEC's or something? ..thanks
99% of all esc have a built in BEC that will 'down-grade' the voltage from the 7.4 lipo to a usable voltage (don't know the exact figure off the top of my head)...

the only time you run into issues with lipo, receivers and voltage is when you are running a 1s pack with a 2s receiver pack - this is when you need a regulator or something along those lines...this would be for 12th scale, WGT or oval...

but if you are using 2s or 3s pack, you'll be fine with the voltage that the esc is sending to the receiver
Old 10-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Thankyou for your help w/ this! -that's what I needed to know.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I RAN THIS PAST WEEKEND WITH MIXED RESULTS...
We run a TCS class, and we wanted to see how the CR holds up with them.
Jack the Gripper traction compound all around. This is what my setup is:

Front:

* Pink springs, 50wt oil, option shocks laydown
* Kickup (track bumpy)
* 0 Toe
* 1 degree negative camber
* Gold swaybar
* 1 clip in front of upper arm 1 behind to set caster
* Stock rollcenter
* 5mm ride height
* Tamiya A Slicks w hard inserts
* had the stock gear diff without any springs
* Stock Droop

Rear:

* Blue springs, 40wt oil, option shock set on inner most hole on option tower
* No antisquat
* 3 degree toe-in
* 1.5 degree negative camber
* No swaybar
* Low roll center
* 5mm ride height
* Tamiya A slicks W hard inserts
* Ball diff adjusted to no slip
* Stock droop

It was VERY hard to drive, off the throttle in the corners was great as soon as I gas'd it it would pull hard into the boards.

Still working on setup for the next race, I am going to install a ball diff up front to see if it helps.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Are there any alternatives to the Hot Racing axle cups yet? The Hot Racing ones are not threaded, so I'd rather not buy those.

Fabiz
Old 10-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabiz
Are there any alternatives to the Hot Racing axle cups yet? The Hot Racing ones are not threaded, so I'd rather not buy those.

Fabiz
Mine are threaded....
Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Fabiz

Fabiz
like bodywerz said, the Hot Racing ones are threaded...and i definitely know mine are - that's the biggest reason i went with them, so i could get rid of that damn locknut on the back of the stock pieces
Old 10-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mine were not threaded, but I easily solved that with an M3x0.5 tap. There must be some issue with their manufacturing quality control. I recieved two complete pairs without threaded holes. Odd....
Old 10-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default How to make adjustments

These might be some super noob questions.

How do you adjust rear toe in/out ? I know the camber in the rear is fairly easy by twisting the uper links in to close the gap.

How do you adjust the front toe/in out? Is it done via the akerman plates?

Right now I have some good camber on the rear, but I found adjusting camber on the front is fairly hard as its physically hard to twist the upper portion on the arms to make the shorter therfore giving it camber.

Thanks for any help, in advance.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

I think I am running into a similar problem w/ the threaded or lack of threading on the tiny locknut. ..I barely tighted the differential gear w/ one of the tiny nuts and it stripped as I was tightening it. ...I looked at it under a magnifying glass. Looks like it only has about 2 or 3 threads of metal then plastic ..it's very fragile. I ordered a bag of them for about $2 off another site, ..yet thinking I am either going to have to put some locktite on it? or find a longer lock nut w/ more threads? -I don't trust that that tiny locknut is going to do the job. -especially w/ tension from the spring that is loaded in the diff housing.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Drop a little ca glue in each hole and put screw back in.. works for me all the time..

Ps the spring in the diff pushes out against the side walls of diff case, not against the ring gear
Old 10-29-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Do you guys increase ride height by lengthening the shocks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.