Search
Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kriscros
would a Ezrun 9T Brushless motor 35A ESC For 1:10 from ebay work? or a castle creation mamba max 5700 brushless combo system work?

im looking for something thats affordable but quick
also need to know what teeth i should use on the motor
Well it would be fast!!! If you can keep from hitting anything. It will be a joy if you can keep from splattering it.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Well it would be fast!!! If you can keep from hitting anything. It will be a joy if you can keep from splattering it.
so what do you recommend?
Old 08-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

so what do you recommend?
If you can handle it go ahead. I have no idea what your experience level is. What I do know is that I can take the slowest powertrain that is legal in VTA (in my opinion thats 4cells and 27t brushed). I can run that car at a car show or in a Walmart parking lot and people will say,"Wow thats fast." and I will respond,"No it isnt. Not really!" You are talking about way more power than that. The other thing is you might rip the drivetrain out of that little car putting that much power behind it, but I would wait for someone like andyh to comment on wether or not the car can handle it. But Im telling you its like trying to steer a bullet.

If you want it blisterfast I would go Lipo and maybe 10.5 or 13.5 brushless. Trust me it will rip across the parking lot. I wouldnt do anymore than that unless you dont want it to last very long. If you go lipo and 17.5 it will still be fast and it will seem more reasonable when you run it. Better battery life too.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
If you can handle it go ahead. I have no idea what your experience level is. What I do know is that I can take the slowest powertrain that is legal in VTA (in my opinion thats 4cells and 27t brushed). I can run that car at a car show or in a Walmart parking lot and people will say,"Wow thats fast." and I will respond,"No it isnt. Not really!" You are talking about way more power than that. The other thing is you might rip the drivetrain out of that little car putting that much power behind it, but I would wait for someone like andyh to comment on wether or not the car can handle it. But Im telling you its like trying to steer a bullet.

If you want it blisterfast I would go Lipo and maybe 10.5 or 13.5 brushless. Trust me it will rip across the parking lot. I wouldnt do anymore than that unless you dont want it to last very long. If you go lipo and 17.5 it will still be fast and it will seem more reasonable when you run it. Better battery life too.
alright, so im thinking 17.5 sounds good. what companies do u recommend? i also need a esc w/ the motor i get. im looking to spend $100 on both
Old 08-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (94%+)

Seriously good luck on finding a sensored ESC/ motor for under $100.

I'd reccomend Novak for a cheaper option, I run Tekin, but that is a bit more spendy .
Old 08-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Assuming this is what you are talking about.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezseselebrel.html

You know what? I have gone and looked at the combo you are talking about and it doesnt look half bad for a hundred bucks. But it wont be any good for racing if you ever decide to go that way. I do still think it will be crazy fast if it performs anything like it sounds, but you can get around that by gearing it slower. If the drive train holds up, and you dont plan on racing, I say go for it, because it does sound like a good deal.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

ty guys, im ganna go w/ the 10t and hopefully wont break stuff. mabey i should go w/ the 13t? idk, its not for racing so.....idk, just ganna basically ganna go in a straight line

what gear size should i use?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Questions??

Were just ran are first cup class tonight and it was a blast. Run the silver can motor with orion 3200 20c lipos. The car ran and handled very well. Had to dial a lot of steering out. Have a couple questions:

1st..... What compound are the tires that come with the 510 kit, S or M? We run in an asphalt parking lot track (with a preped track) and the tires had alot of wear. Really would like to get a harder compound.

2nd.... What handling differance is it from laydown and using the stand up for the shocks? Were running the laydown set up now, the front is agressive. Moved the clips to the front to give it less caster and use 40w front and 35rear.

Some help would greatly appreciated.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIG DADDY8
Were just ran are first cup class tonight and it was a blast. Run the silver can motor with orion 3200 20c lipos. The car ran and handled very well. Had to dial a lot of steering out. Have a couple questions:

1st..... What compound are the tires that come with the 510 kit, S or M? We run in an asphalt parking lot track (with a preped track) and the tires had alot of wear. Really would like to get a harder compound.
very cool about getting a class together - I'm hoping we can get something like that at my place

as far as the tires...the are the 'M' compound tires in the all the kits, except for the drift kit obiviously

from what i've found, currently HPI only has the M-compound and the S-compound for the cup racerrs only thing harder would be the drift tires
Old 08-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by k_bojar
very cool about getting a class together - I'm hoping we can get something like that at my place

as far as the tires...the are the 'M' compound tires in the all the kits, except for the drift kit obiviously

from what i've found, currently HPI only has the M-compound and the S-compound for the cup racerrs only thing harder would be the drift tires
...and they're in limited supply. I am going to stock up on both when they become available.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Rookie

what size lipos do u guys recommend w/ a brushless 10t motor?
w/ the cup racer

also where do u get the rc falken tires? has the logo on them(pictured on the drift cup car)

Last edited by kriscros; 08-01-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Champion

what size lipos do u guys recommend w/ a brushless 10t motor?
w/ the cup racer

also where do u get the rc falken tires? has the logo on them(pictured on the drift cup car)
I would say try whatever you can get within your price range...HOnestly, there isn't MUCH of a difference in lipo packs...The higher the mAh the longer (essentially) you'll be able to run between charges Just make sure you have an esc that has a lipo cut-off or else you'll damage the pack - and that would suck..

the 'falken' tires in the pics are nothing more then decals on the tires that came in the kit - worse case, they are HPI's Cup Racer drift tires with decals...

what are you planning on doing with your Cup Racer? Race it, drift it, or just bash around with it?
Old 08-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

this car is awsome and handles real well and is actually really fast
Old 08-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cyclone x
this car is awsome and handles real well and is actually really fast
what motor are you running in it?
Old 08-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I noticed this form is linked to the HPI site. Does anyone from HPI know if they will be comming out with a harder compound tire for this car? It looks like a must on the asphalt. other than that this is a great car. That was a question by the drivers here in TX.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.