Search
Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Don't hold your breath. Tower can show something is "On Order" or "Early Etc." for even years at a time on some HPI parts. Luckily I picked up a few discontinued mini bodies. The Porsche probably being one of the coolest looking mini bodies.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, I totally agree with both of you that the "stock" listing on Tower is meaningless. I was mostly illustrating that it's a gamble whether to hang on to the Porsche body to get more $$ for it as it becomes more rare, or sell now if they become available again.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

any time they are out of stock you'll get more money out of them, how long they've been out and how much demand tere is for them will determine how much you'll get.
if they are out of stock at all the popular stores, the only way someone can get one is if they get lucky and find one at a mom'n'pop LHS or buy one from someone like you.
now, if they discontinue production altogether...you'll likely make a very nice chunk of change off of them.
put 'em up for what you think is fair, given the circumstances, and if they come back in stock, just wait for them to go in back order again and re-list them. popular HPI bodies have a tendency to be out of stock way more often than not these days. once they get a batch in stock, they're usually gone within a couple days to a couple weeks, and back on back order for anywhere from 1 month to several months, or even over a year in some cases.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i am now selling my cup racer
reason being is my current club that i race in does not have mini class during the winter. need the money to complete my other project.

here is my fully loaded cup racer ad on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hpi-Cup-Race...item232ce575ed
Old 07-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

...just placed an order for 2 of the exotek metal diff outdrives.
Great timing as I just stripped the teeth off the stock/plastic on one of my non metal/upgraded CR'rs.

Last edited by eR1c; 07-06-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

I saw your CR'r on eBay, ...nice setup, looks like you have lot's of desirable upgrades. If I didn't already own 2, i'd be interested. ...
Old 07-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eR1c
The Porsche body originally listed for $46 (msrp).
You could get them for about $34 via online retailers.

BUT, it's all about availability now.

As of now they are NOT available and one could get one on eBay for about $50-$60 shipped (when they are listed of course). Provided they stay unavailable I would guess that prices may continue to go up? ...If you were to list yours for sale I'd say $50 - $60 is not unreasonable.

BUT, I noticed that Tower just re-listed the Porsche body as being available in "Early July", (this is about the 4th re-listing of the stock in the past month). It was "Mid July" previously. One thing that is interesting, Tower had ALWAYS sold the Porsche body for $34, (I know because i've bought several and have the page cached on my tablet -which still says $34). ...They just re-listed the body for $39, -so apparently they are aware that they can get more than $34 for it.

So,
IF they become available in the next few weeks they are worth about $40 + shipping.

IF they don't become available well then, prices will continue to go up. You can wait a few months or more then you may be able to easily get $60 - $75??? Seems crazy, but I saw a bunch listed for $58 + shipping ...I believe they all sold.

Anyway, if you want to sell me yours i'll gladly pay you for it, -i just don't want to pay $50 or more ...in my opinion there are still plenty of great bodies available for the CR'r for way less (check out ABC hobby for example).

Thanks gor the offer but Never would I sell it for less than 75 bucks... A guy from my local track said that he bough his for 90 bucks after shipping and that was a while back. And he doesn't even want to use it for racing coz he doesn't have a spare... I got the cup racer on ebay for sale and selling it with a good condition porsche body. Got 3 clear ones brand new that I don't think I'd sell of I can only get 50 for em... Rather keep em maybe paint 1 and have 2 spares...
Besides I only paid 35 bucks each for em
Old 07-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

wow, $90!!
I've only see them go for as high as about $58-$60, and another $10 for shipping. One just sold last week for $41 + $10 shipping = $51 total.

$90 is insane. As long as they continue to be unavailable I guess the price will continue to climb.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

has anyone here have experience on using MX60 HARD HPI TIRES on asphalt

im currently using type M which wears out super fast.

is the TYPE H a big difference? do you loose traction?

also.... are there any other alternative tires that can fit the cup racer wheels? didnt think so but just wanna make sure. dont really wanna switch wheels..

what wheel options could i get that has can still give the 3mm and 6mm offset that can use better tires...

i understood that the other mini wheels and tires are smaller??? thats why i wanted to stick with the cup racer wheels since im have a porsche cup racer.

thanks everyone
Old 07-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

I have answers to your tire questions,

BUT,

Wanted to let you all know that Tower has the Porsche bodies in stock. I just picked up 4 for $130 shipped. (you save if you order in quantity). -look on their homepage you can get a $20 off coupon as well and free shipping.

I hope to hang on to these for a looooong time, ...no more dealing w/ out of stock again.

Hurry up and get one or some, -says they have limited quantities. (none of the other retailers seem to be showing any stock).

Old 07-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Hahaha, I had ordered another two Porsche bodies prior. Cats out of the bag!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Glad I got my 3 from Tower this morning. Should I have bought them all? 9 would be too many. Lol
Old 07-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=eR1c;12332867]I have answers to your tire questions,

BUT,

Wanted to let you all know that Tower has the Porsche bodies in stock. I just picked up 4 for $130 shipped. (you save if you order in quantity). -look on their homepage you can get a $20 off coupon as well and free shipping.

I hope to hang on to these for a looooong time, ...no more dealing w/ out of stock again.

Hurry up and get one or some, -says they have limited quantities. (none of the other retailers seem to be showing any stock).

thanks man... yeah i still got 3 that i havent even openned... so i dunno if ill be picking up more but thank you..

so whats your answer to my tire question...

Thanks man
Old 07-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

..yeah I placed order first then made the post.
I bet they'll be out very soon!!! ...glad we all got some.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eR1c
..yeah I placed order first then made the post.
I bet they'll be out very soon!!! ...glad we all got some.

have you used the mx60 hard in carpet or asphalt?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.