Brushless Myths from Trinity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless Myths from Trinity

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Company Representative

Cool Well, I can answer this question....

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
there have been some posts of disappointed BL drivers, especially when they found out something is comming out faster right after they just got their BL 6.5, etc.

Novak for example has released faster and faster BL motors recently. what are the release dates. maybe that would fit a shorter timeline than the stock motor releases that some cling to.

just went to the Novak site...which one is faster?

GTB/Velociti 3.5R This is ideal for customers wanting Novak's fastest brushless motor and for top-level competition touring car applications.(#3000)
Velociti 4.5R This is the fastest Velociti motor and is ideal for competition touring cars (#3404/#3001)

PS, i use a novak charger and GTX ESCs
The newly released Velociti 3.5R is faster. It has 3.5 turns, just as a brush motor may be identified as having 10 turns or 19 turns. When the V4.5R was released, it was the fastest---now the V3.5R, which has one fewer wind, is now the fastest.

But Novak has not quickly released a whole new series of motors--replacing the Velocity series--but featuring the exact same specs.

When brush manufacturers rapidly replace an existing motor series with a "new and improved" line, that is when racers and hobby shops complain. All of the older motors are now considered obsolete.

So there are two separate issues here: adding an additional "turn" motor (as Novak has done), or releasing an entirely new motor series that some think obsoletes all the older motors.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
The newly released Velociti 3.5R is faster. It has 3.5 turns, just as a brush motor may be identified as having 10 turns or 19 turns. When the V4.5R was released, it was the fastest---now the V3.5R, which has one fewer wind, is now the fastest.

But Novak has not quickly released a whole new series of motors--replacing the Velocity series--but featuring the exact same specs.

When brush manufacturers rapidly replace an existing motor series with a "new and improved" line, that is when racers and hobby shops complain. All of the older motors are now considered obsolete.

So there are two separate issues here: adding an additional "turn" motor (as Novak has done), or releasing an entirely new motor series that some think obsoletes all the older motors.
Exactly. Let's at least make compare apples to apples here. A drop in turn will not even effect the stock class. It will only apply to mod. The last I checked, every motor series for mod has a large range of winds to choose from and you are able to select and race a different wind from others. What is the point of knocking Novak and others for making a range of motor speeds available when that's what the class is for.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My main question is what is the point an keeping the classes separate at least in mod? You already have a range of motors to choose from. Driver ability is what lets you put the power to the ground in any useful way. The fastest motor available isn't going to make your times drop and if you select poorly, they'll increase.

I have 3 kids with cars for a total of 4 cars to maintain. I'm currently running 2 brushed and 2 brushless. Can you guess which ones make me happier at the end of a race day?
Old 09-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ErnieP
...We did the R&D before we came out with the product; we did not ask you to buy the system and pay for it with your own money and develop it for us?...
So in this instance, Trinity doing "our own R&D" would go something like:
1) Source existing brushless motor supplier in China
2) Test their motors
3) Give them some feedback
4) Get supplier to improve product under their own time and cost

Because these 2 motors look pretty similar to me...

http://www.teamtrinity.com/shop/moto...ess-n4060.html
http://www.feigao.com/sdp/85838/4/pd...040-51426.html

Originally Posted by ErnieP
...Thats your opinion and I have mine...thats whats great about the USA...
And I'm sure this statement echoes what you're thinking when posts and users get deleted when someone disagreed with Trinity on Techtalk... With so much hypocrisy in what you say, you'd make a great politician.

Last edited by veecee; 09-03-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

as I`m trying to develop a brushless motor for my own this looks ssoooooo lamn !!!! but hten again .... anny one here who can help me on a producer of n48 up to 180 degree celcius sintered neodym rotors ????? cause that seems to be the hard thing .....
Old 09-03-2006, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

Guys enjoy your thread....there just really is not point trying to respond. You guys have made up your mind and this really not a fun place to be if anyone sees things differently than you......
Old 09-03-2006, 04:09 AM
Tech Adept

veecee
You write a lot better than you R&D

I am sure Bob Novak and the others are doing all the manufacturing of their brushless motors in house....just like we have done with our brushed motors for the past 25 years. NICE!

I dont see how I am trying to "stifle" technology. I am selling a brushless system. If you guys think the early brushless systems had no trouble then I really cant say anything to you. You are obviously "HIDING" behind your handles....I am not nor would I.

When you are running your "brush equivalent stock system" at a club event and some "techie" goes into the speedo and makes some changes that YOU CANT and you can NO LONGER WIN.....I would not go tell the tech inspector....at that point he will not have ANY WAY of helping you. But then again...that would NEVER HAPPEN
Old 09-03-2006, 04:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

This thread has gotten lame, here is why...

1. How many ROAR races are you guys going to that you guys are even worried about rules and what is legal and what is not?

2. How many races do you goto (that are not ROAR regionals or nationals) that your equipment actually gets inspected?

3. I'm pretty sure these days tracks are just about letting racers run whatever they want to a certain degree at the weekly racing level. So i'm sure there are guys running 4200's and and lipo's with 4300 brushless is stock class with illiegal bodies in touring car. And I doubt they are weighed either.

4. Trinity has always used lies, manipulation, and bashing of other companies in their advertising, and it has worked for them. They sell lots of stuff to the sheep that want to believe it and think that every new product they make is better than the previous product just so they can get an advantage at the next race. I don't like his companies business tactics but Ernie is a great business man, I have to give him credit for that.

5. When you guys see a Trinity driver win a race or two with their brushless motor, the sheep (even the ones posting against Trinity in this thread) will once again flock to the internet to save every last penny they can to buy the latest and greatest part (ROAR legal or not) to get an advantage. Despite that is takes actual talent to win races, and that can't be bought.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

Scrubb

Could I have a list of your heroes? Companies that do things "the correct way" like you suggest and win with talent and only sell products that every racer needs and basically wants! And companies that sell products that "SHEEP" (I am assuming this is your definitiion of a customer) will buy the correct way?

Thanks for your help
Ernie
Old 09-03-2006, 04:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Associated Electrics and Reedy have never mentioned your compaines name or referenced your compaines (or anybody eles's) products in their advertising. They advertise their products and hype it up, just like everybody else, but they don't bash on other compaines products they way your advertising specifically attacks other companies and products.

Team Orion, Team Losi, Novak, Tekin, the list could go on. Your advertising specifically points to other companies and their products and says they are bad products.

When Ryan Cavalieri wins a race with an RC10 and Orion motors, Their advertising states that they won the race with their products. Sure their advertising isn't always truthful. Everybody finds out they switched out a speed control or an engine. But they don't advertise that stuff like "the competitions quad magnet design is wrong, ours is right." with pictures no less.

why do you do that in your advertising? Why don't you just advertise your products, advertise your race results, and keep other company bashing out of it? Why bash Novak and LRP in brushless advertising, What did they ever say about Trinity in their ads?
Old 09-03-2006, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Scrubb

""the competitions quad magnet design is wrong, ours is right." with pictures no less"

Were we lying here or was this the TRUTH?

If Novak is telling people that all you need to do is buy one brushless motor and then you are done for life and the motor will be good forever.....is that the TRUTH?

If they are saying that the brushless motors will not short out, timing does not have to be set, heat does not blow up the magnet etc etc.

Scrubb....we SELL MOTORS. Are these not lies? Should we not stand up for OURSELVES and CUSTOMERS who are paying for these goods?

The systems now are much better than they were but I think anyone would have to admit when they first came out, they were less than be desired. Why is it that none of those manufacturers LIED?

Ernie
Old 09-03-2006, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Guys I just do not want to ruin this thread any more than it is. Some people asked about our brushless system and I commented on it. THATS IT!

I AM SELLING A BRUSHLESS SYSTEM

I not telling people what they can or cannot run

But I do think that OUR CHOICE not to sell a system that we were not comfortable with "JUST TO SELL IT" and OUR CHOICE NOT TO sell a STOCK EQUIVALENT would REFUTE the claims of "some people" up here that all we care about is money! We have been in business for 26 years. We have done "something right" and we do feel we are and need to look for the future of the business and what is best for it. This is how I MAKE MY LIVING!
Old 09-03-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I figure that the reason the T has released the newer mods that they have is trying to catch up with the Jone's. The Orion V2 and Checkpoint last much longer between rebuids than Trinity and Yok based motors (I don't know about the C2) and I'm guessing the sales might reflect this. I know that for pure power the Trinity and Yok motors are stronger wind for wind but don't last as long. My only issure with trinity is the stuff they sell that is of questionable value I bought a Team Magic com machine over 15 years ago when 150 dollars was a lot of money for me and it did not do its job. So I usually don't spend my money with Trinity now due to the bad taste that left me with, unless it is the only source for a part. I saw a Trinity dyno that a kid was trying to sell at the track yesterday that he gave 175 bucks 2 months ago for 25 bucks. The worst thing is no one would buy it.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ernie,

What is the warrenty policy on these brushless motors your company will be selling. I have seen quite a few posts on several forums of people having difficulty with getting service and warrenty issues for Trinity products.

What is the warrenty?
What is the return procedure?
Will replacement parts be availible?
How long will replacement parts be availible for?

Mark
Old 09-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Legend

Big "E"

Thank you for the reply....
I`m sure you will do your best to stop stock brushless from becoming the next generation of motor for stock racing ...

You can`t stop it though ...

ITs the future don`t chea know ?

I will always be a big fan of your`s, and have the up most respect in your view`s on the world of R/c....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.