Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless Myths from Trinity

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Default Brushless Myths from Trinity

Brushless Myths.

Well guys, do yourself a favour and go read the Bullshit that Trinity have but up about Brushless Motors.

For those people at Trinity that were behind this crap then I think you time has come to look for a new job. How silly your comments are and really anybody that has already read it has seen through your smoke cloud of underdevelopment. If your lagging behind in your R&D then that’s fine, step it up but don’t go and bag out something that is good for this sport just because your behind.

Sure, I would be pissed off if I owned a company that was going to go down because of brushless but I would do something about it. I mean R&D on Brushless not just write crap and hope racers are stupid enough to believe in it. Actually I have lost a lot of respect for the people behind this Trinity crap because they must think we are as stupid as them.

As for people that have seen the light to go Brushless then I am sure you have a smile on your face, to the people that are thinking about it then I hope after reading both sides to this story you can see how worried places like Trinity are about Brushless and the effect on their business.

If you stand still you will be the master of a world that no longer exist.

Game Over.

Only one Motor : False, I have another Brushless motor to run the com cuter for my friends old tech motors.

Motors are indestructible : False, but soooo much stronger than old tech motors

Torque and RPM are the same as brushed: False, it’s actually more.

No Maintenance : False I think you have to clean the bearings every 7,000 hours, I will let you know how it goes in a few years.

Brushless will take the battery war out of play: False, you will need better battries in your transmitter because of extra run time.

Brushless performance : Well lets see how many motors have Trinity released in the last couple if years. And now another one a D6 cool when is the D7 coming out.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Coxy, have a look HERE
Old 11-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

ive read the Trinity BL Statment and it's very misleading.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

That is just sad. I can`t express myself any better than that. It`s tragic to see something like that come from a big company like trinity..
But it had to be trinity though

Last edited by miniman; 11-05-2003 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Could that be one of the reasons Josh left I wonder???????
Old 11-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

I dont think that brushless motors were developed to replace existing technology but just to further the huge thechnological advances our sport is seeing every day. I dont see brushed motors going anywhere it is a part of the sport that separated the men from the bashers. Nothing is going to get easier its going to get mor complex and technical. Brushless has its own place as a class and for what I like most about them, hours and hours of maintanence deminishes practice. I think its the best thing to come along in years for the little guy who needs laps not tech help more than anything
Old 11-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

I think brushed will eventually be replaced by brushless. It just is a matter of time. Look how DVDs pretty much replaced VHS tapes. When demand, BL Tech and competition gets better for BL the writing is on the wall. Right now it is a novelty that is slowly getting around by word of mouth.

Coop
Old 11-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Good point and the same could be said for CD replacing vinyl....however, vinyl was always there and is now making a big comeback. Who knows what the brushed boys have up their sleeve to make them more competitive and popular against BL?
Old 08-30-2006, 05:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Now Trinity is marketing brushless motors.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

I was going to bump this, but I linked to it...

Does Trinity think we are f'ing morons?
Old 08-30-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Trinity

vtNy

Last edited by JRSXrookie; 03-12-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Where do you get the info about them going out of buisness? Most people are running brushed motors still and most of those in stock are still Trinity, mainly because they are the only ones that have put anything decent out in stock for the last couple of years. I mean, Reedy is still selling the MVP which was our handout in Durham for the onroad nationals several years ago, and the trinity motors were still faster then! Plus motors are only one part of their product line. So I doubt they are going out of buisness. I agree that they look kinda stupid bashing brushless and then hopping on the bandwagon, but at least it shows Ernie is a good buisnessman who is willing to swallow his pride and do what is right for his company even though it will make him look foolish.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Opinion retracted!

Last edited by JAY_UK; 09-01-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

I had one of the early Novak Super Sport brushless systems, I think it was one of the first out on the market. Around the time when Trinity put that article on their page. Novak Claimed that this brushless system would be just as fast as a 12 turn motor. So I tried it, and the system sucked, it had a weird power band and horrible bottom end, no matter what gearing I had in it. My 12 turn Reedy Ti motor was much faster than it. So I got rid of the system. When I read the Trinity article some of their statements made sense to me since I had run the only one out at the time.
Now dont get me wrong, Brushless has come a loooonnnggg way over the past few years. They are better now that they have worked out a few of the bugs.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Brushless

Getting a 4.5 brushless got me back into R/C racing after a 3-year hiatus. Seeing my old T3 go stupid fast was too much and I went and got a touring car too. I think the motor put it about 45-50 mph with normal stock gearing. I know a guy who has made about 63 mph. But after ripping up diffs, breaking stuff and not having traction (while faster than Nitro TC's on straights, I couldn't turn) I happily went back to stock motors. Now this brushless has found a home in offroad where it is highly competitive with nitro offroad stadiums even on the bigger tracks (TQ first club race). Maintenance? open can (3 screws) pull out rotor, motor spray, relube and install, 3 minutes and done. I've never run a low turn on-road so I can't compare. But I love the low maint thing more time to play less to work on stuff. I am looking forward to a new car with metal diffs so I can try mod TC again with it.

Funny, Novak puts lots of tech data on their site (Krpm/V, watts, etc.) but big T left out all the details, or maybe I just missed them ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.