Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

do you guys think sway bars help this car? whe I bought my car it didnt come with any, and I was wondering if I might need them.. Even if my local tracks have HIGH traction.. ive never really had a problem with traction rolling...I might start running foams with the car.. will i need them then!?
Old 03-20-2006, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sushi Man
do you guys think sway bars help this car? whe I bought my car it didnt come with any, and I was wondering if I might need them.. Even if my local tracks have HIGH traction.. ive never really had a problem with traction rolling...I might start running foams with the car.. will i need them then!?
I run rubber on a tightish track which has medium grip, and taking off both bars has helped my steering to no end. Depends on the track I guess.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XingXing
xenon sux dogs balls. the sticky part of the tape comes off the plastic bit when peeling off the reel. also doesnt stick the best either.

go with 3M, they aint the biggest and the best in office products and sticky stuff for no reason. also its half the price and 3M aint the cheapest going around, so goes to show how expensive the xenon stuff is!
Maybe you got a Dud reel ? I haven't had any such problems with the Xenon tape.

I used the 3M stuff for a long time, its cost about $9 AUD for a reel of their fibre reinforced tape - which is quite cheap, its ok But I have found I can use the Xenon stuff for a few more runs without replacing it and it doesn't tear into strips like the 3M stuff can do.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jack2

I used the 3M stuff for a long time, its cost about $9 AUD for a reel of their fibre reinforced tape - which is quite cheap, its ok But I have found I can use the Xenon stuff for a few more runs without replacing it and it doesn't tear into strips like the 3M stuff can do.

maybe i have, but i asked another person about it, coz wanted to see maybe i had a crap one, and he said yeah same thing, and he bought his from locally. I bought mine from japan on the internet. maybe we both got the same bad batch
Old 03-20-2006, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sushi Man
at speed tech it has the freakyish long 10 digit number too....
What do you think it is ?
Old 03-20-2006, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jack2

Jack if I were you I wouldn't worry about what that guy says, he talks so much bollocks on RC Tech it's incredible, even I don't dare saying that many No matter what you say he'll say he contrary or that product is crap or something like that.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

well can't doubt that some manufacturers make crap stuff and QC for RC gear aint high on the priority list like they are for Major products.

i'm sure jacks tape works fine. but for me i'm not going to waste money on the tape again. if anyone wants 2 buy, i can sell for $5. i used about 1 meters worth. blue color. looks great. you need long fingernails though to peel the sticky part

cheer
Old 03-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

You have talked about 3M and xenon tape....BUT can someone give me a link to what it looks like? Thanks
Old 03-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i have used the xenon quuite a bit... works really well for me. i always fold the ends over maybe a 1/8 inch, keeps it easy to use.

you can get it at www.speedtechrc.com, or some overseas places, as well...
Old 03-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

3m tape you buy from any office supply store or hardware store.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Burlap
I run rubber on a tightish track which has medium grip, and taking off both bars has helped my steering to no end. Depends on the track I guess.
I dont use them either. Car handles much better without them in my mind. However each track, driver, etc. may cause this to vary.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kingsbury
You have talked about 3M and xenon tape....BUT can someone give me a link to what it looks like? Thanks
check out at speedtech's electric accs http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=395

xenon's site...u need to scroll to almost the bottom of the page under "strapping tape" http://www.xenon.ne.jp/xenon.html
Old 03-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

double post
Old 03-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default running a spool

I finally got around to putting the spool in my car. Hopefully i will get in to the Reedy race so i figure i might as wel start now. I have never run anything but a spool so what should i expect? i got some set ups from try hard(great site by the way) but are they going to be anything like running with the one ways?
Old 03-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Actual pic of link:

Would someone also like to take a stab at this pic re the the ball studs used for the upper linkages that connect (bolt-on) directly to the front & rear bulkheads used by Satoshi & Mark R.'s MSX @ TITC 06 races. In the pic it also was used on the new steering assembly. Someone mentioned it could probably be the new short ball nuts released earlier this year by Tamiya but it's not due to the new short ball studs are actually ball nuts - part # TAM53869 Tamiya 5mm Aluminum Short Ball nut (Blue/10pcs).

In the pic it clearly shows that the ball studs are slotted (2.0mm driver tool??). I know Square makes blue ball studs that are slotted for the EVO IV but it's not long enough when you have a 2mm spacer under it when you screw it into the bulkhead. Also the ball stud in the pic can only be screwed in using a driver not the usual wrench you would use on a ball stud or ball nut.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.