Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Difuser
Apex be on the lookout for updates to the US page. Fred has been collecting set-up sheets from us to start posting.
Yeah I am sure Fred is collecting.... So he can get the upper hand at his own track...
Old 04-29-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

RCManiax - You got Mail!
Old 04-29-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lightbulb Tamiya balldiff for 415!!!

Hey guys, just thought i share that i made a balldiff for the front of my 415... every part on it is Tamiya, no Yoke here

I used 2 short halves of the 415 out drives. 3 bearings instead of 2, ta03 carbon gear shaft (cut to fitted length), and the ta04 diff screw with thrust bearing and locknut
Old 04-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tamiya suspension performance part

Originally posted by stonedgti
But Steve, aren't we using different tires for this years Reedy race? Could it be possible that the new tire has contributed to the faster lap times also?
Yes, Dave was on RP30 which is the control tire for Reedy this year. But prior to this, the best lap time ever achieved was at the KO Propo race last year, and that was open tire and open insert...so just imagine how much faster Dave can be if it wasn't controlled tire

Steve Wang
Old 04-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Suspended

Default MOTOR FOR 415

WHATS A GOOD MOTOR TO GET FOR THE 415?ANY OPNIONS?
Old 04-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: MOTOR FOR 415

Originally posted by RBCHOCO
WHATS A GOOD MOTOR TO GET FOR THE 415?ANY OPNIONS?
Depends on what class you are racing in, what the track is like, etc. For tighter tracks you need a torquey motor, whereas on bigger tracks you need a high revs motor. But first you need to know what class you are racing it.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Good answer Steve! I guess I'll have to get a set then!

I'll see you down at Reedy!
Old 04-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: MOTOR FOR 415

Originally posted by Burlap
Depends on what class you are racing in, what the track is like, etc. For tighter tracks you need a torquey motor, whereas on bigger tracks you need a high revs motor. But first you need to know what class you are racing it.
and we need to know what ESC you have.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by TryHard
I reckon it will too... you won't be disapointed.

Of course as long as you put the rear hubs on the right way round, eh Scho?
No comment
Old 05-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Suspended

Default BEGINNING WITH THE 415

OK GUYS,I AM NEW TO ELECTRIC AND I HAVE a 415 coming...can anyone tell me whats electronics /motor/etc i need to get.i will be running on indoor alspahlt.....by the way,does any have a copy of the 415 instruction booklet?thanks
Old 05-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: BEGINNING WITH THE 415

Originally posted by RBCHOCO
OK GUYS,I AM NEW TO ELECTRIC AND I HAVE a 415 coming...can anyone tell me whats electronics /motor/etc i need to get.i will be running on indoor alspahlt.....by the way,does any have a copy of the 415 instruction booklet?thanks
Hi dude, not knowing your track size is hard so not sure what motor you should run, & it also depends which class you are going to run. AS for speed contrloler, I really like the novak's I have a GTX and it i an awesome bit of gear and i would recomend it(it's really user friendly), but it is faily exspensive, so you might want to look into getting a second hand cyclone or TC2 or simular. Futaba, KO, LRP, Nosram, keyence also make great speed control's but as far as performance in the different grades of speedo's you really get what you pay for. If you want something new and really dont want to falk out big bux, and stilll get a decent speedo, try the duratrax streak. It's about $39 from tower hobbies only has a 12 turn limit, but has some good features for a cheap speedo.(I have never tried one, but only heard good things about them).

One answer for radio equipment = JR XS3. They are around $135 from hong kong and they are synthesized(Dont hold me for spelling ) and you could have it shipped to your door for under $170 and no more crystals, and its a great radio, very smooth and plenty of tuning options. (and you'll never have to buy crystals.

get what you can afford with the servo department, but I will say I'm not a fan of digital servo's, they are not really worth the money I think, but that's only my opinion.

And for batteries, Stick with GP3300 or GP3700 & also there is now intellect 3300 and 3600 and 3800's on the way.
I would recomend you get matched packs, as you can get cheap matched packs form lots of different matchers around the world, you dont have to spend huge bux on the highest voltage packs but some, zapped a matched lower catorgory voltage packs will be alot better than virgin cells(strait from the factory) and with most matcher's I'm sure you could get them to assemble them or go to your track and get someone there to build them for you, should only cost you $5-10 bux for someone to build them, and your set.

I like Integy charging/discharging/equalizing equipment, but get what you can afford. if you can afford it the integy 15x6v6 is a great charger and i see lots of people using these, I like the 16x7v6 as it does pretty much everything the 16x5v6 does, but discharges packs at 30 amps, rather than 20 amps. Get the best charger you can afford, its one investment you should spend up on(my opinion)

hope this helps you a bit
Cheers
~Jack

Last edited by Jack2; 05-01-2005 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Dave's Setup / Body

Hey Dan, Rod

Do you know what body Dave was running? What about setup?
Old 05-01-2005, 05:18 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Here is my new 415. Paint by RC Tech member JDM_DOHC_SiR or also Dragon Paints!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-tamiya-415.jpg  
Old 05-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As far as I know it was the Easy Button 3.0 should be the AP version. I ran on a 1/8th scale track huuuuuuuuge straights and was using the 3.0AP and the car was dialed. Tried the Rayspeed TSX to see how much it freed the car up and it was just a touch too free I also have a baseline for the new rear end from Rod I'll send over tommorrow
On another note the RP30's seem to hold up well but by 4 runs they are DONE.

edit-- uh Martin can you send over your address again to my dgarber address. I can't seem to find it in my book here.

D
Old 05-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Re: BEGINNING WITH THE 415

Originally posted by Jack2
Hi dude, not knowing your track size is hard so not sure what motor you should run, & it also depends which class you are going to run. AS for speed contrloler, I really like the novak's I have a GTX and it i an awesome bit of gear and i would recomend it(it's really user friendly), but it is faily exspensive, so you might want to look into getting a second hand cyclone or TC2 or simular. Futaba, KO, LRP, Nosram, keyence also make great speed control's but as far as performance in the different grades of speedo's you really get what you pay for. If you want something new and really dont want to falk out big bux, and stilll get a decent speedo, try the duratrax streak. It's about $39 from tower hobbies only has a 12 turn limit, but has some good features for a cheap speedo.(I have never tried one, but only heard good things about them).

One answer for radio equipment = JR XS3. They are around $135 from hong kong and they are synthesized(Dont hold me for spelling ) and you could have it shipped to your door for under $170 and no more crystals, and its a great radio, very smooth and plenty of tuning options. (and you'll never have to buy crystals.

get what you can afford with the servo department, but I will say I'm not a fan of digital servo's, they are not really worth the money I think, but that's only my opinion.

And for batteries, Stick with GP3300 or GP3700 & also there is now intellect 3300 and 3600 and 3800's on the way.
I would recomend you get matched packs, as you can get cheap matched packs form lots of different matchers around the world, you dont have to spend huge bux on the highest voltage packs but some, zapped a matched lower catorgory voltage packs will be alot better than virgin cells(strait from the factory) and with most matcher's I'm sure you could get them to assemble them or go to your track and get someone there to build them for you, should only cost you $5-10 bux for someone to build them, and your set.

I like Integy charging/discharging/equalizing equipment, but get what you can afford. if you can afford it the integy 15x6v6 is a great charger and i see lots of people using these, I like the 16x7v6 as it does pretty much everything the 16x5v6 does, but discharges packs at 30 amps, rather than 20 amps. Get the best charger you can afford, its one investment you should spend up on(my opinion)

hope this helps you a bit
Cheers
~Jack
thanks a bunch....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.