R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-29-2005, 08:27 PM   #8521
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

Quote:
Originally posted by Difuser
Apex be on the lookout for updates to the US page. Fred has been collecting set-up sheets from us to start posting.
Yeah I am sure Fred is collecting.... So he can get the upper hand at his own track...
USVTA National Points Member #101
A-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:00 PM   #8522
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

RCManiax - You got Mail!

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:25 PM   #8523
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to TRF Drive Hard Send a message via Yahoo to TRF Drive Hard
Lightbulb Tamiya balldiff for 415!!!

Hey guys, just thought i share that i made a balldiff for the front of my 415... every part on it is Tamiya, no Yoke here

I used 2 short halves of the 415 out drives. 3 bearings instead of 2, ta03 carbon gear shaft (cut to fitted length), and the ta04 diff screw with thrust bearing and locknut
TRF Drive Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:58 PM   #8524
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tamiya suspension performance part

Quote:
Originally posted by stonedgti
But Steve, aren't we using different tires for this years Reedy race? Could it be possible that the new tire has contributed to the faster lap times also?
Yes, Dave was on RP30 which is the control tire for Reedy this year. But prior to this, the best lap time ever achieved was at the KO Propo race last year, and that was open tire and open insert...so just imagine how much faster Dave can be if it wasn't controlled tire

Steve Wang
Old 04-30-2005, 12:20 AM   #8525
Suspended

Default MOTOR FOR 415

WHATS A GOOD MOTOR TO GET FOR THE 415?ANY OPNIONS?
RBCHOCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:43 AM   #8526
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default Re: MOTOR FOR 415

Quote:
Originally posted by RBCHOCO
WHATS A GOOD MOTOR TO GET FOR THE 415?ANY OPNIONS?
Depends on what class you are racing in, what the track is like, etc. For tighter tracks you need a torquey motor, whereas on bigger tracks you need a high revs motor. But first you need to know what class you are racing it.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:00 AM   #8527
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Good answer Steve! I guess I'll have to get a set then!

I'll see you down at Reedy!
Old 04-30-2005, 01:01 AM   #8528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: MOTOR FOR 415

Quote:
Originally posted by Burlap
Depends on what class you are racing in, what the track is like, etc. For tighter tracks you need a torquey motor, whereas on bigger tracks you need a high revs motor. But first you need to know what class you are racing it.
and we need to know what ESC you have.

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 05:59 AM   #8529
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Scho

Quote:
Originally posted by TryHard
I reckon it will too... you won't be disapointed.

Of course as long as you put the rear hubs on the right way round, eh Scho?
No comment
Scho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #8530
Suspended

Default BEGINNING WITH THE 415

OK GUYS,I AM NEW TO ELECTRIC AND I HAVE a 415 coming...can anyone tell me whats electronics /motor/etc i need to get.i will be running on indoor alspahlt.....by the way,does any have a copy of the 415 instruction booklet?thanks
Old 05-01-2005, 03:18 PM   #8531
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: BEGINNING WITH THE 415

Quote:
Originally posted by RBCHOCO
OK GUYS,I AM NEW TO ELECTRIC AND I HAVE a 415 coming...can anyone tell me whats electronics /motor/etc i need to get.i will be running on indoor alspahlt.....by the way,does any have a copy of the 415 instruction booklet?thanks
Hi dude, not knowing your track size is hard so not sure what motor you should run, & it also depends which class you are going to run. AS for speed contrloler, I really like the novak's I have a GTX and it i an awesome bit of gear and i would recomend it(it's really user friendly), but it is faily exspensive, so you might want to look into getting a second hand cyclone or TC2 or simular. Futaba, KO, LRP, Nosram, keyence also make great speed control's but as far as performance in the different grades of speedo's you really get what you pay for. If you want something new and really dont want to falk out big bux, and stilll get a decent speedo, try the duratrax streak. It's about $39 from tower hobbies only has a 12 turn limit, but has some good features for a cheap speedo.(I have never tried one, but only heard good things about them).

One answer for radio equipment = JR XS3. They are around $135 from hong kong and they are synthesized(Dont hold me for spelling ) and you could have it shipped to your door for under $170 and no more crystals, and its a great radio, very smooth and plenty of tuning options. (and you'll never have to buy crystals.

get what you can afford with the servo department, but I will say I'm not a fan of digital servo's, they are not really worth the money I think, but that's only my opinion.

And for batteries, Stick with GP3300 or GP3700 & also there is now intellect 3300 and 3600 and 3800's on the way.
I would recomend you get matched packs, as you can get cheap matched packs form lots of different matchers around the world, you dont have to spend huge bux on the highest voltage packs but some, zapped a matched lower catorgory voltage packs will be alot better than virgin cells(strait from the factory) and with most matcher's I'm sure you could get them to assemble them or go to your track and get someone there to build them for you, should only cost you $5-10 bux for someone to build them, and your set.

I like Integy charging/discharging/equalizing equipment, but get what you can afford. if you can afford it the integy 15x6v6 is a great charger and i see lots of people using these, I like the 16x7v6 as it does pretty much everything the 16x5v6 does, but discharges packs at 30 amps, rather than 20 amps. Get the best charger you can afford, its one investment you should spend up on(my opinion)

hope this helps you a bit
Cheers
~Jack

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris

Last edited by Jack2; 05-01-2005 at 03:25 PM.
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:34 PM   #8532
Tech Fanatic

Default Dave's Setup / Body

Hey Dan, Rod

Do you know what body Dave was running? What about setup?
Old 05-01-2005, 06:18 PM   #8533
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Here is my new 415. Paint by RC Tech member JDM_DOHC_SiR or also Dragon Paints!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tamiya 415.jpg (74.5 KB, 216 views)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:22 PM   #8534
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As far as I know it was the Easy Button 3.0 should be the AP version. I ran on a 1/8th scale track huuuuuuuuge straights and was using the 3.0AP and the car was dialed. Tried the Rayspeed TSX to see how much it freed the car up and it was just a touch too free I also have a baseline for the new rear end from Rod I'll send over tommorrow
On another note the RP30's seem to hold up well but by 4 runs they are DONE.

edit-- uh Martin can you send over your address again to my dgarber address. I can't seem to find it in my book here.

D
Old 05-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #8535
Suspended

Default Re: Re: BEGINNING WITH THE 415

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack2
Hi dude, not knowing your track size is hard so not sure what motor you should run, & it also depends which class you are going to run. AS for speed contrloler, I really like the novak's I have a GTX and it i an awesome bit of gear and i would recomend it(it's really user friendly), but it is faily exspensive, so you might want to look into getting a second hand cyclone or TC2 or simular. Futaba, KO, LRP, Nosram, keyence also make great speed control's but as far as performance in the different grades of speedo's you really get what you pay for. If you want something new and really dont want to falk out big bux, and stilll get a decent speedo, try the duratrax streak. It's about $39 from tower hobbies only has a 12 turn limit, but has some good features for a cheap speedo.(I have never tried one, but only heard good things about them).

One answer for radio equipment = JR XS3. They are around $135 from hong kong and they are synthesized(Dont hold me for spelling ) and you could have it shipped to your door for under $170 and no more crystals, and its a great radio, very smooth and plenty of tuning options. (and you'll never have to buy crystals.

get what you can afford with the servo department, but I will say I'm not a fan of digital servo's, they are not really worth the money I think, but that's only my opinion.

And for batteries, Stick with GP3300 or GP3700 & also there is now intellect 3300 and 3600 and 3800's on the way.
I would recomend you get matched packs, as you can get cheap matched packs form lots of different matchers around the world, you dont have to spend huge bux on the highest voltage packs but some, zapped a matched lower catorgory voltage packs will be alot better than virgin cells(strait from the factory) and with most matcher's I'm sure you could get them to assemble them or go to your track and get someone there to build them for you, should only cost you $5-10 bux for someone to build them, and your set.

I like Integy charging/discharging/equalizing equipment, but get what you can afford. if you can afford it the integy 15x6v6 is a great charger and i see lots of people using these, I like the 16x7v6 as it does pretty much everything the 16x5v6 does, but discharges packs at 30 amps, rather than 20 amps. Get the best charger you can afford, its one investment you should spend up on(my opinion)

hope this helps you a bit
Cheers
~Jack
thanks a bunch....