Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 07:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Square alloy rear hub

Actually, Tamiya has had this kind of aluminum rear uprights for long time but nobody knew what part numbers!!!!!! At least I saw them at Snowbirds 2003 on Evo3.

Originally posted by Raul Garcia
WOW, this is amazing. Square's alloy hub looks JUST like Schumacher's alloy rear hub. Wait, the hole drivetrain looks similar??? Can it be , a copy?????

Just joking all of the TRF freaks, your car's are awesome looking, but if you want more tunning options, I would consider looking into the alloy hubs for the Mi2. Rear toe is adjustable at the hub, not with the block. Put you TRF 415 in front of your mirror which you guys spend so Much time, and you begin to see purple........
Old 11-09-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello 190mph,

I had the same problem with my front diff also. In addition, the blades jurgen sent me dissintegrated in less than 1 minute of use, I didn't even crash! I pulled off the track immediately but the pins from the dog bones destroyed the diff slots completely. I talked to jurgen about the design flaws of the diff and blades and other machining problems. He said that the blade material manufacturer sent him the wrong material which was too soft, and that he was making new blades. That sort of solves one problem, but the diff halfs definitely need improvements and thorough testing before release. Actually I think I was a beta tester, at my own expense Until jurgen can get it right, which I'm sure he will, I am going with the yokomo front diff.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

does anybody know where can i get a kit in the usa, mainly Florida?
Old 11-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by floodo1
you really shouldnt buy a countersink for use on graphite unless its carbide.

its pretty expensive, something like 30+ but a carbide countersink basically never wears out on graphite.

pretty much everything cheaper wears out after just a few holes.

carbide really is the ticket for tooling when working with graphite, its stays so sharp, it works so well
The $5 bit I bought a year ago still works fine after 1 Yok SD topdeck, 1 pro4 lower deck (holes not deep enough from the 1st batch), and some holes here and there. I'm sure the $30 bit will last longer, but do I need it for what I use it for....nah.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Default Jurgen diff

I'm glad I held off on buying the Jurgen diff after seeing people having these problems. I sent the guy 2 emails but got tired of waiting so went with the Yok setup. Those alu diffs cost $70 plus shipping from Europe, right?
Old 11-09-2004, 09:08 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BKK
I just bought these SQUARE rear up-rights. Is there a difference between these and the TAMIYA ones besides being TCS legal?
the Tamiya up-rights are 1° toe in
the Square up-rights are 0.5° toe in
Old 11-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Differential

Originally posted by forty6
Guys, I'm building another 415 for carpet season with a Yokomo front diff. Just thought I'd share. Here are some pix....
What diff is being used in this picture?
Old 11-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Jurgen diff

Originally posted by forty6
I'm glad I held off on buying the Jurgen diff after seeing people having these problems. I sent the guy 2 emails but got tired of waiting so went with the Yok setup. Those alu diffs cost $70 plus shipping from Europe, right?
I have been using the Jurgen diffs for this season. They only time I had problems with them is when I ran them without the use of blades. They showed alot of wear after less than 2 packs. I have since started using the Corally Baldes and I have not had one single problem with the diff!! Buy the Jurgen diff and use the Corrally blades!!
Old 11-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: foam tyre carpet setup for 415??

Originally posted by linger
Hi Apex,
Me, EJ Evans, and Jimmy Jacobson just finised running our 415's with foams on carpet. All of us ran slightly different setups, but all of us stuck with the old suspension. EJ ran AE white front springs, I ran AE yellow, and Jimmy ran AE Purple. All of us ran AE red in rear. Jimmy ran his rear suspension blocks flat on the chassis and the front, he mentioned he used some kickup.
Jimmy initially ran a 1-way during qualifying. In the main, Jimmy gambled, popped in a SPEEDTECH spool and fixed center pulley and went absolutely ballistic.

So a spool with foam tires works on carpet too!
linger - can you give me the general setup you guys started with? were your foam tyre's jaco or trc? shock oil? shock locations? sway bars? and anything else you can think of.

Thanks!!
Old 11-09-2004, 09:17 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
Will the EVO III brace also fit?

cheers, Mark.
The distance of the mounting holes are different on the EVO3 vs 415 so you will have more to do for working OK. But the Xray brace is working very well and maybe will be lower on weight.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by V12
The distance of the mounting holes are different on the EVO3 vs 415 so you will have more to do for working OK. But the Xray brace is working very well and maybe will be lower on weight.
Thanks for the info - I don't really want to drive my 415 with just tape on - already I have had the battery come out because of poor quality tape :-(
Old 11-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Differential

Originally posted by Apex
What diff is being used in this picture?
It's the Yokomo plastic diff set for the MR4tc belt car. ZS-501.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:47 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
Thanks for the info - I don't really want to drive my 415 with just tape on - already I have had the battery come out because of poor quality tape :-(
I think GM-Racing sells a good reinforced tape. Also I have seen some very good in a shop for industrial purpose but donīt remember if it was from Scotch or 3M. Tesa also made one.
But a Xray brace is far better in my opinion.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by LoSi xXx S
does anybody know where can i get a kit in the usa, mainly Florida?
If your talking 415 I would try Ultimate.

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//c510.html

The best price I know of and you avoid Florida sales tax. When the new 415 comes out it might even be cheaper.

Jeff
Old 11-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by V12
I think GM-Racing sells a good reinforced tape. Also I have seen some very good in a shop for industrial purpose but donīt remember if it was from Scotch or 3M. Tesa also made one.
But a Xray brace is far better in my opinion.
Ok, just in case I don't get my Xray bar before I get my long-overdue pinions, could you recommend a shop for industrial purposes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.