Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by John Doucakis
Thanks guys for your kind words.

Old but good car. I will compete with that at the wolrds. I might also use the EVO IV suspension.

All graphite parts are custom made. and I run Xray diffs.
That's a good looking 414!

Did you have to do anything special to run the Xray diffs, or is it an exact fit?

What graphite parts did you have made? 3mm chassis?
Old 08-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by John Doucakis
Thanks guys for your kind words.

Old but good car. I will compete with that at the wolrds. I might also use the EVO IV suspension.

All graphite parts are custom made. and I run Xray diffs.
Bravo john fenete para poli kalo kali tixi sta worlds .
Old 08-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by markp27
Thanks Rcsspeedo! I'll look into that. I do however have some EVO III shock shafts, are they longer?
I have been using my EVO3 Shocks as a backup for my 415 and they are the same length. The shaft that came with the 414 are still longer.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello EJ,

how's it goin'? Are you going to be racing anywhere this week or weekend?
Old 08-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default Spool

Originally posted by Obsidian
Hello EJ,

how's it goin'? Are you going to be racing anywhere this week or weekend?
Hey Joey, I'm thinking Speedworld.

How's the 415 treating you? I finally finished mine, should be using it this weekend.

Has anyone here found a way to stop the chattering at full steering when using a spool? I'm going to try dogbones tonight...don't know it that will help.

The only time my car didn't chatter with a spool was during the reedy. I had brand new uniys then hmmm....wonder if that had something to do with it???
Old 08-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

E. J. Evans > The Xray diffs are a perfect fit. only a bit narrow but a little shimming is enough.

The graphite parts are 3mm for shock towers with some more material at some weak points.

The chassis has some more space for electronics, like the Xray chassis, and it is 2.8 mm thick.

ngo8 > Efxaristo file mou!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Okay maybe some of you guys can help me out. I didn't buy the LW suspension kit for my 415. But I have enough parts from my Evo IV to build one up for it. How do you space the arms on the 415? What shims and sizes are up front and in the rear of the arms? I'm guessing the instructions tell you what shims to use where........ Thanks..

Oh, and reading (actually looking at the pictures) one of the Japanese RC Mags... They had the 415 goin up against the Evo IV with what looks to be the same setup. Factory driver Satoshi was driving. The Evo IV produced the fastest lap of both runs thru 8 minutes. But the 415 produced a faster time overall in both runs by a few seconds over 8 minutes. Pretty cool. They actually posted his setup for the Evo IV in the mag too. I'm sure Dave has already seen this..

JMac
Old 08-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

i have the kit coming as well. Setup help would be great.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
Okay maybe some of you guys can help me out. I didn't buy the LW suspension kit for my 415. But I have enough parts from my Evo IV to build one up for it. How do you space the arms on the 415? What shims and sizes are up front and in the rear of the arms? I'm guessing the instructions tell you what shims to use where........ Thanks..

Oh, and reading (actually looking at the pictures) one of the Japanese RC Mags... They had the 415 goin up against the Evo IV with what looks to be the same setup. Factory driver Satoshi was driving. The Evo IV produced the fastest lap of both runs thru 8 minutes. But the 415 produced a faster time overall in both runs by a few seconds over 8 minutes. Pretty cool. They actually posted his setup for the Evo IV in the mag too. I'm sure Dave has already seen this..

JMac
Sure have.. the set up works very well to but I have modifed that set up a bit because the track that I race at is very high grip
-Dave
Old 08-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dave

Are you willing to sheare that one. I mostly run at Tamiya and the grip is usually really good there.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KilRuf
Okay maybe some of you guys can help me out. I didn't buy the LW suspension kit for my 415. But I have enough parts from my Evo IV to build one up for it. How do you space the arms on the 415? What shims and sizes are up front and in the rear of the arms? I'm guessing the instructions tell you what shims to use where........
That's scary you've got enough parts for another set. I did a quick calculation and it's like $150+ to get all the parts needed.

Anyway here is what the instruction says:

Front--2mmx1 in front and 3mmx2 in rear

Rear--3mm+2mm in front and 3mm in rear

However, it's a bit tight in the rear and I actually use 4.5mm in rear front instead.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jeffreylin
However, it's a bit tight in the rear and I actually use 4.5mm in rear front instead.
It is very tight. I am using kit settings but considering going for less spacers.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Re: Spool

Originally posted by E.J. Evans
Hey Joey, I'm thinking Speedworld.

How's the 415 treating you? I finally finished mine, should be using it this weekend.

Has anyone here found a way to stop the chattering at full steering when using a spool? I'm going to try dogbones tonight...don't know it that will help.

The only time my car didn't chatter with a spool was during the reedy. I had brand new uniys then hmmm....wonder if that had something to do with it???
EJ, i have the chattering problem with spool too. i move the front a-arms all the way back, so that the spool is slight in front of the axle... when the wheel turns, the universal have a less angle and i see less chattering...... maybe a couple of run with a 6turn motor will cure that...
Old 08-27-2004, 03:46 AM
Tech Regular

yeah i had to go back to 27meg stick radio while my 40meg is in repair! the one thing i noticed is without end point adjustments the spool would chatter and bind with full lock :-( . so the one way went back in
Old 08-27-2004, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

just wondering , anyone know if there is any chance the MI2 front diff would work with the 415?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.