R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #21001
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,273
Default

Just as a note, the 3racing Sakura gear diff should also fit in the rear of the 415. It comes with a 37 and 38t pulley in the packet, best of all it is about a third of the price of a spec-r diff and also less than a new set of balls and plates for the rear ball diff.

I will post pics when I fit it in my car.
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #21002
Tech Master
 
chrisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Blueman

thanks for all the information on teh gear diff install and the part numbers required.

all went well and the car build with the gear diff was great

thanks again
__________________
TAMIYA - SMOKEM - REEDY
smaracing.org
chrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:45 AM   #21003
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangswan View Post
Does anyone know if someone makes aluminum knuckles for a 415MSX?
Also is there a chart or how do you tell how much tow the "1A" or "1B" or "XA" pieces give you?
Thanks
I use alloy toe blocks up front with standard knuckles on my 415msxx.

It seems to hold up pretty well, but it depends how much and how hard you hit stuff...
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #21004
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Blueman

thanks for all the information on teh gear diff install and the part numbers required.

all went well and the car build with the gear diff was great

thanks again
Nice to hear.

Yesterday i switched from the Spec R to the Tamiya Ver.2. Fits the same way, and the car runs Superb. Thumbs up !

Greetings Rainer
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #21005
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

not sure where the best place to ask this, so I'll ask it in here.

I have an original 415 and its missing the full suspension (arms, blocks, shafts, knuckles, cvds) and I want to be able to race it again..i bought it this way, thinking someday i'd get all the parts to put it back together - now that I've got a TCS event in my backyard, the time has come Obiviously, I want to keep the thing TCS legal

what the best suspension to put on it? or is that chassis better off with the original TA04-based suspension?

I've been looking thru all the different revisions of the chassis (415, 415ms, 415msx, 415msxx) and am completely confusing myself

so i'm looking to you experts in here for some guidance. this isn't going to be my everyday racer - just the occassional RCGT and TCS racer

thanks!
kaybo
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #21006
Tech Master
 
chrisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

K-bojar

a very easy fix:

all the arms that are available now for the 416 -417 series fit on the 415

you can but the short arm set
the front and rear c hubs
the front and rear spindles
front and rear shaft 42 rear 46 front
bearings to suit

somebody may have part numbers ready to go but i just dont have time ATM

and away you go, the blocks are the same

if you go http://www.thard.co.uk/415/415info.html you can find out all the info on teh 415 models
__________________
TAMIYA - SMOKEM - REEDY
smaracing.org
chrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #21007
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
K-bojar

a very easy fix:

all the arms that are available now for the 416 -417 series fit on the 415

you can but the short arm set
the front and rear c hubs
the front and rear spindles
front and rear shaft 42 rear 46 front
bearings to suit

somebody may have part numbers ready to go but i just dont have time ATM

and away you go, the blocks are the same

if you go http://www.thard.co.uk/415/415info.html you can find out all the info on teh 415 models
Actually, I revised the site a while back, worth looking in the main forum now, as I've added all the info there.

Tips, tricks and useful stuff

Setups

In terms of the suspension... TAM54083 is the short arm kit, then you just need to supply is the dogbones, driveshaft blades (if needed), and turnbuckles.

For those parts, I'd recommend the 46mm shafts 51092, which are steel, and don't bend.
Blades, not sure if needed as it depends on the diff in the car, but can get them in 53890.
Turnbuckles... any of a suitable length.

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #21008
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

thanks for all the info guys - ed, the stuff you have posted on your site is incredible...

however, just reading thru all that, still leaves me lost I actually had one of the lightweight reversible arm sets way back when on my surikarn evo3

will i be at any loss (or more of a loss), if I just put the original suspension parts back on? obiviously, I'd wanna get some suspension blocks to adjust toe-in and stuff, but will the car really be lacking that much if I don't go the reversible suspension route?

also, any ideas of a part number for the front sway bars for this car? i've looked thru the manuals, and they all are a funky 9-digit number
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #21009
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
thanks for all the info guys - ed, the stuff you have posted on your site is incredible...

however, just reading thru all that, still leaves me lost I actually had one of the lightweight reversible arm sets way back when on my surikarn evo3

will i be at any loss (or more of a loss), if I just put the original suspension parts back on? obiviously, I'd wanna get some suspension blocks to adjust toe-in and stuff, but will the car really be lacking that much if I don't go the reversible suspension route?

also, any ideas of a part number for the front sway bars for this car? i've looked thru the manuals, and they all are a funky 9-digit number
If your using a one way upfront, you'll be fine with the old suspension. If your using a spool or diff upfront you'll gain a lot more steering with the short arm light weight system. If you rarely race, then don't worry about what suspension you have and just learn how to get around the track. The old suspension is way stronger against crashes.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:57 AM   #21010
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post
If your using a one way upfront, you'll be fine with the old suspension. If your using a spool or diff upfront you'll gain a lot more steering with the short arm light weight system. If you rarely race, then don't worry about what suspension you have and just learn how to get around the track. The old suspension is way stronger against crashes.
its not that i rarely race, this car will rarely be used (2-3 times a year, max) - just at TCS events mainly

I know how much stronger the old suspension is - I ran it on my TA04R, didn't like the lightweight stuff back then, at least on my evo3 (broke arms with the simplest of taps)...I used to like my 04R with center oneway, and front diff - i had all the options for the 04R, kind of wish i didn't get rid of it (well, that and the 414m2 i had )

just trying to figure out if its cost effective to rebuild this car, or just get something new
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #21011
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

@ k_bojar - ive raced a trf415msxx for quite a few seasons.

Never snapped a wishbone but got through quite a few front hubs and arms.

the ta05 ive got with the regular suspension has not broken anything. It is a tank

I think fwiw, just go for the regular suspension unless you are really hit up about the weight difference. Should be cheaper too, price it up.

I can't imagine it being too different in weight...
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #21012
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
@ k_bojar - ive raced a trf415msxx for quite a few seasons.

Never snapped a wishbone but got through quite a few front hubs and arms.

the ta05 ive got with the regular suspension has not broken anything. It is a tank

I think fwiw, just go for the regular suspension unless you are really hit up about the weight difference. Should be cheaper too, price it up.

I can't imagine it being too different in weight...
i had a ta05, another car i shouldn't have sold

I was in the process of pricing it all out - well, pricing the parts thru ebay, not counting bearings/screws/turnbuckles/misc stuff like that - I'm sitting at $250

I can get a ta05v2 for the same price WITH a TCS legal body - or drop the other $60 and get the TA05 V2r

glad i wanted to get back into TCS racing cheap
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #21013
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
i had a ta05, another car i shouldn't have sold

I was in the process of pricing it all out - well, pricing the parts thru ebay, not counting bearings/screws/turnbuckles/misc stuff like that - I'm sitting at $250

I can get a ta05v2 for the same price WITH a TCS legal body - or drop the other $60 and get the TA05 V2r

glad i wanted to get back into TCS racing cheap
The '05 are good cars for the money!

Ouch... Would a second hand ta05 roller not have everything you need? ok, it wouldnt have the bling turnbuckles but that wont matter.

Might be an option.
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #21014
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
The '05 are good cars for the money!

Ouch... Would a second hand ta05 roller not have everything you need? ok, it wouldnt have the bling turnbuckles but that wont matter.

Might be an option.
oh i have no problem with a 2nd hand car most every car I've own has been 2nd hand

not into the bling aspect of the cars - just want something that would be race ready without dumping a boatload of $$ into it

I still got some time to mull over my options - but it looks like getting the 415 ready, is long shot
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #21015
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,273
Default

I'm after a TRF415 lower deck (Used is fine) if anyone has one spare.
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net