Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Hi guys,

Just to let you know, yesterday I have partecipated to the second round of the BRCA mod nationals (ran in 5-cell mod). Qualified 15th and won the second leg of the final (after a mechanical failure of my 3.5T in the first leg) to finish 2nd in the B overall.

All the week end the car was fantastic, I will make an editable PDF of the MSXX setup sheet and post my setup.

EDIT : I have now attached a Jpeg version of the setup, anyone wanting a PDF PM me.
Hi TRFboy:

couple of questions, if you don't mind:
1) Which placement of the cells: towards the front or rear?
2) overall balance? which final weight did you reach?

thanks!!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Hello Guys,

Are the short evo5(short) arms work great on tarmac big track(flowing corners)so yes whats te differens between the short and standard arms...how handles te car?

do u guys use full or 2-3mm shock rebound on tarmac???
Old 05-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by belgianchamp
Hello Guys,

Are the short evo5(short) arms work great on tarmac big track(flowing corners)so yes whats te differens between the short and standard arms...how handles te car?

Hi

I use those short arms on my MRE and they performer great.

Rebound stroke what i used are 6 up front and 4 rear
Old 05-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a problem with parts coming loose on the MRE I dont want to force the screws too much as they strip out. I dont use loctite because then it wont come loose. I am thinking of using silicone or shoegoo on the threads.

Any thoughts. Thanks..

Next week we have the 2nd leg of the championship so I am preparing the car. the asphalt is new so there should be mild to high traction. the track is wid e and flowing any suggestions on setup that will make my life easier and testing quicker..

cheerz
Old 05-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
I have a problem with parts coming loose on the MRE I dont want to force the screws too much as they strip out. I dont use loctite because then it wont come loose. I am thinking of using silicone or shoegoo on the threads.

Any thoughts. Thanks..

Next week we have the 2nd leg of the championship so I am preparing the car. the asphalt is new so there should be mild to high traction. the track is wid e and flowing any suggestions on setup that will make my life easier and testing quicker..

cheerz
you only need a *touch* of BLUE loctite, just put a tiny bit on the tip and it will work its way up the threads as you screw in

vic
Old 05-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rampal
Hi TRFboy:

couple of questions, if you don't mind:
1) Which placement of the cells: towards the front or rear?
2) overall balance? which final weight did you reach?

thanks!!
We always use the cells on the front. Every time we tried on the back the rear end wold act like a pendulum, not good.

Overall my car weights 1395g with personal transponder.

Also the droop values which I didn't have time to check this morning are 3 on a droop gauge all around.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by belgianchamp
Hello Guys,

Hi,

I use them and they work great for me. I can't really tell you how different the car is since I've thrown them in the winter and just left them when we started to run on tarmac, but with a completely different setup compared to last season.

For the shock rebound, if you are talking about how much the shock shaft will come out by itself when pushed and released, then I use about half of the shock length, always.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We always use the cells on the front. Every time we tried on the back the rear end wold act like a pendulum, not good.

Overall my car weights 1395g with personal transponder.

Also the droop values which I didn't have time to check this morning are 3 on a droop gauge all around.

thanks for that! yeah, I've seen very few people actually using the cells on the back...

can you post a picture? I'm finishing mine and will really benefit on having an overall view... thanks dude!

anyway, I've seen you are from uk, which area?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Toughbeard

Any thoughts. Thanks..

cheerz

I have never had a screw strip and I tighten them as much as I can, it prevents the car from tweaking. All you need is a good wrench and to make sure your screws aren't in bad condition.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I guess I ll use the touch of loctite to make sure everything stays where they are supposed to.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Piccys
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-dscf0105.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-dscf0106.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-dscf0107.jpg  
Old 05-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Piccys
Left & Right side balance ?
Old 05-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Left & Right side balance ?
Bad, but surprisingly on the track the car's good and the chassis is flat without having to have different preloads L/R.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

Here's Victor Wilck's winning car from the Motodrom race in Germany (Marc Rheinard finished 3rd)
I will try and get his setup and post here....

Old 05-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Thx Guys 4 the short arms answers...

Eirik was Marc and Victor using the short arms last weekend in Motodrom race(Germany)????Pls post the setup when u have him!

What have they done with the front suspension block where the front belt passes??They dont used a bridge block and they cutted alu bleu away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.