Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
what do you guys think about putting a thermal grease betwwen the heatsink and motor like the one for computer processors?
Personally i think if your needing to go to that extreme, you need to do some more motor work/ratio changes to get your temps under control. Shouldnt be any need to go to thermal grease. We still have goes running stock (running them damn hard) and mod without fans at all, and are crazy fast. If you keep the motor in good nick, shouldnt overheat unless your geared wrong.

Last big meet, we had 2-3 guys blow up a stock motor, and the guy that won, raced a single motor all weekend, didnt cut it or anything, and ran no fans or cooler. Just goes to show, perfect gearing is critical.
HTH
Old 04-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just purchased a pre-owned 415MS that is set-up for the asphalt racing and equipped with titanium screws and a pro-module rear suspension. I would like to set it up for carpet racing with a modified bl power plant. What mods should I make to the new car for this... Thanks in advance
Old 04-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

See Tryhard's site for all you need to know, it's excellent
Old 04-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Square option parts for 415 MSX
Nice! Are they titanium or aluminum and titanium?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Square option parts for 415 MSX
do you have the "SQUARE" aluminum steering knuckles for the EVO-IV
Old 04-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Rear Noise....???

Yesterday I've installed a motor for the first time in my new TRF 415.

While testing it, holding the car in the air and with medium throttle i heard a weird noise coming from the rear diff. The really weird stuff is that the noise stops if the diff is used (i hold one of the rear wheels, any one of them...).

What could it be? The car is brand new, build by the book, but I may have made mistakes.

Thanks.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by p_mihai_ro
Yesterday I've installed a motor for the first time in my new TRF 415.

While testing it, holding the car in the air and with medium throttle i heard a weird noise coming from the rear diff. The really weird stuff is that the noise stops if the diff is used (i hold one of the rear wheels, any one of them...).

What could it be? The car is brand new, build by the book, but I may have made mistakes.

Thanks.
Something loose in the diff maybe?

Take the diff out and rebuild it, making sure you have the spacers in the correct place, and the thrustbearing/diff spring the correct way round.

If theres still a noise, check the whole rear of the car, axles, hub bearings (even the camber link screws, to make sure they aren' t rubbing the diff outdrives/axles)

HiH
Ed
Old 04-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Tryhard,
I have been running the front Jaad diff with no problems until someone hit the front of my car a couple of weeks ago. Now it just seems to fall apart everytime I run it. Is there any chance you could put up or PM me a diagram of order in which parts fit , ie screw-spring-bearing etc etc..
Thanks for any help in advance. Sean.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sean T Guy
Tryhard,
I have been running the front Jaad diff with no problems until someone hit the front of my car a couple of weeks ago. Now it just seems to fall apart everytime I run it. Is there any chance you could put up or PM me a diagram of order in which parts fit , ie screw-spring-bearing etc etc..
Thanks for any help in advance. Sean.
Hi Sean,
theres actually a diagram on the JAAD website (now with the correct way round for the spring/thrust race assembly), take a look on there.
Originally the diagram showed the spring to be next to the head of the diff screw... this is a big no no, as the cut sections of the spring catch on the screw head, and either a) tighten it up or b) loosen it off. Thats why it is best to have the thrust bearing alongside the diff screw head, as it allows for proper rotation of the screw, which in turn allows for good action of the diff.

HiH
Ed
Old 04-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Did the MRE come with Ti coated suspension shafts for the lightweight suspension?
Old 04-05-2007, 07:06 AM
YAH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Are they the same and interchangeable except for thickness?

Originally Posted by TryHard
I assume thats the reason, as a thinner chassis will flex more (if the carbon is laid up in the same manner, which I assume is the case here). TBH, I'm not sure why they have gone so thin, I personally have never felt the need to use a thinner chassis, the standard MRE one is fine for a range of conditions, but thats just me.

HiH
Ed
Are the bottom chassis of MSXX and MSX the same except for the thickness? And therefore interchangeable?
Old 04-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by YAH
Are the bottom chassis of MSXX and MSX the same except for the thickness? And therefore interchangeable?
Almost, but not quite. The bumper mounting is different for the MSXX, as it uses the bumper from the Evo4/5.

@secretsg; Yes the MRE does have the Ti coated hinge pins, along with the ti coated shock shafts.

HiH
Ed
Old 04-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Cheers ed.
Sean
Old 04-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Well, after a long reflexion i've decided to convert my good old MSX to MSXX specs, i.e. 2mm chassis and new steering. I think I'll be still using the car for some time and it's worth it with 5-cell mod being the class i'll run.

I haven't gone for the stoopid top deck though, got the MRE one, lol.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

TRF415boy,

The MSXX topdeck might look stupid (I like it tough) however, it gives the car a litle more flex

Will test it on my MRE next weekend....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.