Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Tech Regular

My right rear axle bent (MRE) and the hole where the UJ pin sits in have enlarged. Do you guys face such regular problems?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by proceed5
My right rear axle bent (MRE) and the hole where the UJ pin sits in have enlarged. Do you guys face such regular problems?
Does the MRE come with lightweight alloy axles?

If it does then you would only need to bang a couple of boards/track markers and you could bend the axles.

For longevity, the only choice are the steel driveshafts.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:01 AM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Originally Posted by bender
Does the MRE come with lightweight alloy axles?

If it does then you would only need to bang a couple of boards/track markers and you could bend the axles.

For longevity, the only choice are the steel driveshafts.

Yes, the original MRE wheel axles are in alu (Art.-Nr.: 53939)...
They will bend fairly easy...

There are lot of alternatives...
Old 01-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Hi
I just bought a used 415MS, and I was wondering if there is any battery plate that will work with it? Direct fit? I don't want to use tape. And is there any modifications needed?
Thanks
Old 01-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't see why people don't like tape It's lighter than a battery strap, it also reduces the risk of tweaking if you have a crash and helps a little with side-to-side (left and right equal) with batterys getting heavier and electronics gettting lighter. Just get some proper strapping tape with a backing on it for extra strength .......but if you want to use a strap i've seen people use the xray strap. All the had to do was counter sink 2 holes where the battery tape should go through then tighten the strap.

Charles
Old 01-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Bob Marley,
I agree with Charles with tape as well. I set one of my cars up with a Xray strap ( pics bellow) and the other one with no strap. The best part about using tape is you don't have to chop into the chassis and I think it is better for keeping the battery in tigh. I have had a battery come out with the Xray strap but never with Tape in Modified.
Also Bob even though this is the MSX, they are the same chassis plate and battery set up.
Good luck with your new car.
Hope this helps
Addam
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-xray-strap-003-small-.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-xray-strap-007-small-.jpg  
Old 01-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

If they don't bend, you can use the dogbones twice, just switch the left one to the right and vice versa. Unless you use reverse, there should only be a groove on one side.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob Marley
Hi
I just bought a used 415MS, and I was wondering if there is any battery plate that will work with it? Direct fit? I don't want to use tape. And is there any modifications needed?
Thanks
Using a battery strap will reduce flex on that side of the chassis, causing it to tweak very easily in a crash. Like Charles said, use a good tape with a backing, I can use one strip for about 2 race meetings.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tek Nickal
If they don't bend, you can use the dogbones twice, just switch the left one to the right and vice versa. Unless you use reverse, there should only be a groove on one side.
Thanks guys, yeah I gunned the throttle a little too early and knocked against the corner wood barriers.
Yup, been changing between the UJ pin holes. Looks like will have to source for alternative Axles. Any recommendation for Lightweight yet strong axles ?
Happy New Year to all, best wishes.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bob Marley
Hi
Thanks
I totally agree with everyone else on this, tape is your best option.
I had a mate who used a xray battery strap and he always had tweaking problems with it. Just buy a good roll of battery tape (ive found that xenon tape is the best) and ull be set. you just have to have some practise with putting it on to make it secure. i always leave a tab (fold over the tape)at one end on top of the battery where the tape ends so i can put it off and on so a strip of tape will last me a whole meeting.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys, yeah I gunned the throttle a little too early and knocked against the corner wood barriers.
Yup, been changing between the UJ pin holes. Looks like will have to source for alternative Axles. Any recommendation for Lightweight yet strong axles ?
Happy New Year to all, best wishes.
yeah i had the same problems as you did with the pins. i found if you put alot of tamiya anti wear grease in there it will help with that alot. I also think that the std axles are much better than the lightweight ones that come with the MR MSX.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Simon A
yeah i had the same problems as you did with the pins. i found if you put alot of tamiya anti wear grease in there it will help with that alot. I also think that the std axles are much better than the lightweight ones that come with the MR MSX.
yeah thanks for the advise there mate, will use the standard axles for the moment. Might try the Titanum Racing ones if I can find stock. Cheers
Old 01-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TiR....if your looking for things to snap and things to be out of alignment (pinions for sure) that's the way to go . The standard steel (Tamiya) ones are really strong and take anything.

Charles
Old 01-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Help please guy's
I just received my Ta05 one way wide pitch pulley and went to put it into my spool and it is slightly different holes and won't quite line up. What can I do.
Any help would be great.
Thanks guys
Addam
Old 01-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Guy's
Good Old Tryhard's Website comes through again.
Thank you Tryhard, you are a Champion.
Addam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.