Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

the front looks so like a r2.
iam definetly gonna get one.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Fully Hopped
Yeah, it looks like the top ends are a little shorter. I don't how much difference that makes tho. Thanks for pointing that out.
yes its only the caps.
dont know about the main body tho.
the pics arenot that good.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

To all you guys out here. You see, a shaft is just a hype.
I personally think the 414M has still the better symmetrical design over this 415.
Some people where fooled by the Tech Proto:

Some people said It could't be Tamiya becouse Tamiya make their own parts.
Wrong becouse the first 414's shared a lot of Atlas parts.
The funny thing about this (nice) looking proto is if it had one more gear it would be simmilar to the TA03 transmission.
Ofcourse with much better quality, less play, less friction, ect.
The bad thing about this car is:
To take advantage of this design they should make the pully's a lot larger for less belt warp becouse they have the same diameter front and rear.
The advantage of a transversal motor is you use its movement to push the front of the car down. When your motor turns to right,
the motor can wants to twist the other direction and pushes the front down. with this proto the motor turns the other direction (they should have put in another gear like the TA03) wish is not so good.

Now for the real thing.
The TRF 415 looks a lot like the Tech Racing MY02. The Yokomo MR-4TC is different becouse the front belt is not in the center
and the Atlas YM-34 is different becouse the motor sits flush with the bottom of the chassis.
To me the Atlas looks a lot better than the Tech Racing but the Tech Racing had some really good results in Japan. I think the centered front one way has something to do with it.
The TRF 415 chassis is milled under the motor like the Yokomo MR-4TC SP YMP. The Corally has nothing to do with it.
See and compare!

The Yokomo MR-4TC SP YMP:

The Atlas YM-34 Type Si:

The Tech Racing MY02R:

The Tamiya TRF 415:

Tamiya wanted to put the weigt more in line like the TB Evo3 and make it as narrow as possible to allow more roll (look how close and thin the right side of the chassis is).
The centered front one way means you can't use a rear diff in front so you need more different parts. Still no countersunk upper deck and sock towers.
To me the best belt design is still the HPI RS4 Pro 3.

THAT'S IT!

Last edited by Barry White; 11-04-2003 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Well, it looks good to me. I agree that a motor turning inline with the wheels makes more sense.

Anybody wanna guess a US street price?

I'm looking for a new car and right now it's a toss up between a Atlas Si and the 415. We'll see how long it takes to get these on the shelf
Old 11-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Barry White strikes! You and david got home ok then with petrol .

TBH the design looks ok but it looks like they have just fired a 414 at a evo 3 and thats what came out at the end of the design. Also the pully look the same as the ones in a 414WCR and the only difference to the drivetrain seems to be the centering of the front diff and bitterent length belts.

Suspension geometry is the same as a evo 3 though so the car shud work. Rick
Old 11-04-2003, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Rick. Man I could't feel my butt for like 3 days. What do you want, 900 kilometers on one day on the rear of a Ducati and the helmet was also to small for my big head (all that brain).
Can you give me John's email? I want some of those chrome stickers.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I thought it was all that hair.

Rumors abound from inside is that Tamiya has engineering relationships with Atlas, Tech and a few others. They clean up the design and re-release it after it has been proven. Look at the old Atlas and compare it to the 414 small details but just about identical.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Difuser
I thought it was all that hair.

Rumors abound from inside is that Tamiya has engineering relationships with Atlas, Tech and a few others. They clean up the design and re-release it after it has been proven. Look at the old Atlas and compare it to the 414 small details but just about identical.
what about the Speedmind Daytona and the 414 ???
Old 11-04-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What up guys...I sincerely hope that the guys at Tamiya don't get bombarded by emails and inquiries about this car. Please refrain from contacting them..I know I have Don't wanna be buggin'
Old 11-04-2003, 09:07 AM

A friend of mine was placing an order from TAMIYA USA and he asked about the car. They told him that the car will not be released and it's just demo(I am guessing this is coming from Fred, Team Manager for USA).

I heard the price will be 58000yen. Surpose to be released in Jan or Feb 2004? Getting all different info. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

That's what Nao from R10 told me, and since now they've always been right when I was asking infos about tamiya cars and parts. After all, they must be the closest shop to them...
Old 11-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

the first prototype arrived today. Hopefully, tomorrow we could see it at the track to be used for the upcoming Reedy Asia.
Some parts are the same used on TB Evo3 including the latest shortened alu. rear uprights on Surikarn's latest TB Evo3 at the JMRCA (last Sept). More details I found on the tq-racing site.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

hehe, you see Rick, I was right that time, the pulleys are said to be 16T / 35T, so bigger (only 1 teeth though, I'd been hoping at least a 19 teeth pulley ). New ratio is 2.1875, which is shorter than the "old" 2.133, meaning increased belt speed.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by slowhand
the first prototype arrived today. Hopefully, tomorrow we could see it at the track to be used for the upcoming Reedy Asia.
Some parts are the same used on TB Evo3 including the latest shortened alu. rear uprights on Surikarn's latest TB Evo3 at the JMRCA (last Sept). More details I found on the tq-racing site.
Where in BKK are you going to be testing? I am still trying to set my schedule to go to Thailand but I will not be able to run the REEDY race. I have to be with my Family up North to help them. Anyway, testing at RCS??? Or?? I'll be racing in BKK sometime soon. Moving back home, haha.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

Oppps, I did not see there were 2 threads about the 415 !!!

Check the other one to see the best pictures ever !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.