Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chinese LiPo's

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I picked up 2 YeaRacing 3200 lipos off e bay for about $75.00 with shipping and they are good so far. These are my first lipos, and like some people, didn't want to spend a bunch to try them out.I am waiting to see if the numbers game is going to settle down before I make the move into the higher rated batteries. My intention was to run them in a stock 17.5 touring car but have not had the chance to. Don't know if they will be legal for this summers dirt season, but going to try anyway.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCSteve93

CHINESE LIPOS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Has anybody tried this chinese 3Racing lipo pack yet?

Its like $39 new
Old 12-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OvalDude99
I picked up 2 YeaRacing 3200 lipos off e bay for about $75.00 with shipping and they are good so far. These are my first lipos, and like some people, didn't want to spend a bunch to try them out.I am waiting to see if the numbers game is going to settle down before I make the move into the higher rated batteries. My intention was to run them in a stock 17.5 touring car but have not had the chance to. Don't know if they will be legal for this summers dirt season, but going to try anyway.
I have 3 YeahRacing 3200 since April, i run them at least two times every weekend and so far they perform decent.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Higher C rating is a marketing scheme to charge you more.

CHINESE LIPOS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if there are any American made LiPos? I know there are American assembled LiPos, but I mean the actual cells made in America?
I guess there may not be American Lipo manufacturer. First of all Lipo is chemical stuff, I guess American government doesn't want to harm their soil (thats why most of Ni-Mh batteries are made in China), second how can you compete with China cheap labor if the demand is going bigger and bigger. Above is just educated guess, I may be wrong
Old 12-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
Has anybody tried this chinese 3Racing lipo pack yet?

Its like $39 new
No ,but $39.00 for 3700mAh +shipping looks a little expensive.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 05forfun
I guess there may not be American Lipo manufacturer. First of all Lipo is chemical stuff, I guess American government doesn't want to harm their soil (thats why most of Ni-Mh batteries are made in China), second how can you compete with China cheap labor if the demand is going bigger and bigger. Above is just educated guess, I may be wrong
I would pay the extra coin for an American made LiPo. Knowing that I am supporting Americans makes me feel good.

But since either way I am getting one made in China, just go with the best cheap one. IMO. The only way you can compete is with non-greedy owners, and no unions. Again IMO.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What about shipping issues ordering from Hobby City or RC Mart? I ordered some servos off of eBay that are comming from Hong Kong, and it's been almost a month. Any of you ever actually NOT get their order from one of these companies? I mean the seems great, but only if you actually GET the product. And will they take care of items that are DOA? I've never really dealt with chinese companies before.

I'll probably go ahead and order a few of the Zippy packs as soon as they are in stock.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CaptCrunch
What about shipping issues ordering from Hobby City or RC Mart? I ordered some servos off of eBay that are comming from Hong Kong, and it's been almost a month. Any of you ever actually NOT get their order from one of these companies? I mean the seems great, but only if you actually GET the product. And will they take care of items that are DOA? I've never really dealt with chinese companies before.

I'll probably go ahead and order a few of the Zippy packs as soon as they are in stock.
Alot of opinions about HK stores here.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...putable-2.html

In the 4 times I have ordered from China, they all took less than 3 weeks.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

You'll get your order.Don't worry at least with these two companies.May be you haven't got yet the items because of the days and if there is an issue it would be from the HK post office and not from them.They ship maximum in 3 working days.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I can vouch for RCmart, They have been good to me and shipping was pretty darn quick. If you dont want to take a chance than you can get some Yeah Racing packs from Ultraline Hobbies. I've used there 3200's since the were released. The punch of these is better than my Orion 3200's and 4800's I spent 2x the cost of the Yeah Racing packs. I've even used them in my brushless E-Revo without any problems.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Born2Run
You'll get your order.Don't worry at least with these two companies.May be you haven't got yet the items because of the days and if there is an issue it would be from the HK post office and not from them.They ship maximum in 3 working days.
True, It is probably held up in the US. The Post Office and Customs are understaffed with the holidays.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know if there are any American made LiPos? I know there are American assembled LiPos, but I mean the actual cells made in America?
There are quite a few american companies makine lipo batteries in the US, Johnson Controls, 3M, Valance are a couple I can think of off the top of my head. They just don't make them for toy cars. Everything from cell phones to electric forklifts use these type of batteries....RC cars and planes are not a very big market. A forklift where I use to work had a HUGE Valance Lithium battery in it......at least it was branded as being made by that company.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Go see dan at UltraLine Hobbies. Hee keeps all the yeah packs in stock here in the states,so you will pay a little more, but they will be to you in days instead of weeks.

By the way ,I have 6 yeah 3200's that have a year on them and they still perform like new and get me to the A everytime I race with them.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah! Racing from Ultraline. Just picked up 3 5000s to go with the 2 3200s I've been using the last 2 months. I think I'm going to pick up another 4000 or two as they are just a little shorter and fit the E4JS battery slot perfectly at that height. The 5000 fits perfectly in my Trans Am TC3s and as a fringe benefit, balanced the car out almost perfectly. The 5000s are a little too tall for the E4 battery slot.

John