Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T2R Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badKarma
so is it true that the aluminum upgrade parts will over stiffen the car make it more prone to traction rolls and or just not getting the proper grip...what do you guys think?
I think unless your a highly decorated racer you would never notice the difference
Old 12-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trerc
I think unless your a highly decorated racer you would never notice the difference
so the benifit for aluminum upgrade parts for this chassis would be purely a durability issue and or cosmetic issue?
Old 12-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

so the benifit for aluminum upgrade parts for this chassis would be purely a durability issue and or cosmetic issue?
True
Old 12-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
i dont think so... we have a new racer thats been racing the T2rpro and upgraded the car with as much aluminum options he can find... he came to the the track one saturday and mentioned he lost steering and the car didnt handle as consistent as the previous weeks and month.. he brought the car to the "fast" guys and they asked when did he install all the "bling" he mentioned midweek... they told that can be the reason, he removed all the parts and installed all the factory stock components and was soooo pleased that the car was handling like normal. Now he is stuck with high dollar optional parts...He even made a comment that, he should stick to what the "fast" guys purchase.....

Let you know this new racer has been only racing about 3 months.. and is very particular with his car.... He noticed the difference!

I say run it stock and you will be pleased with the car..
Old 12-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got a t2RPro for xmas. I plan to run it with stock components. I had a spare set of turnbuckles and 2 steel axles that I put in the front. I plan to put the 2 other aluminum axles in the back of my 007 I run my 007 stock. I have the Xray Aluminum front knuckles for my t2 When I first started I was breaking a lot of front knuckles so I got the Aluminum ones. After that the car was bullet proof. Once I got were I could run without hitting the boards as much I went back to the plastic ones and I can tell there is more steering with the plastic over the Aluminum ones. I still use the Hard Front knuckles as they hold the screws a lot better than the Medium ones.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

so with that being said, since the T2R Pro is the racer version of the T2 009, are we drawing the conclusion that the T2R Pro handles better than the T2 009 because it has more parts made of composite material? im lost, are these two cars the same, one just higher ended material?
Old 12-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

The T2R Pro shares a lot of components with its bigger brother but does replace all the graphite with the cheaper to produce composite. It does not have many Hudy steel parts and is missing the aluminum differential as well. These are the obvious cost savings for the kit to be competitive in its class. I would not call it a spec'ed down version as it is still a very capable car and is not a toy like some RTR products out there. The T2R Pro handles some situations better than say a T2'009 such as low traction and parking lot tracks as there is way more flex in the composite chassis compared to the graphite version. I bought it specifically for low traction and its very good IMO. Your average racer starting out will enjoy the chassis as it is very forgiving and with the added flex drives very easy. IMO The only hop ups needed are the turnbuckles so you can make adjustments easy. Otherwise i would not bother with any hop ups including the diff which some people say is not up to the challenge but i have over 50 runs in stock on the composite diff and its still smooth not gritty at all.

The only weak point i have found with the car is the drive shafts which i have broken 3 of in 6 months but the car has been in some punishing accidents and im not surprised to be honest as no other parts have broken. If they were hudy steel they would still be going strong or maybe a bit bent not broken.

Last edited by Benzaah; 12-27-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I ran my T2R pro with the following upgrades:

- 52mm spring steel front shafts
- Lundsford titanuim turnbuckles
- Xray 302054 chassis brace (stability in high grip)

Great car, don't underestimate it cause it's a "starter kit"
Old 12-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

so I am planning to purchase and run this car on carpet with rubber tires in the 17.5 stock class...besides the turnbuckle situation, you guys are saying that the car would benifit from no other upgrades?
Old 12-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

so I am planning to purchase and run this car on carpet with rubber tires in the 17.5 stock class...besides the turnbuckle situation, you guys are saying that the car would benifit from no other upgrades?

you got it!! unless you want to wait to upgrade to front spring steel universals opposed to the aluminum which are standard??
Old 12-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

so as far as initial settings for carpet, should I use the standard recommended carpet setup from the Xray website? or should I go with box stock settings (if they are provided)?
Old 12-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

i would run it box stock, drive it and make your changes there.... dont forget, 09 setups should be similar.... which you will see at the track../

so when you coming out? i was there again today, and planning to be there again Wed after work..
Old 12-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

i might come out there some time next week just to take a look...the car is on order and should be here by next week but I need a little for the build, buy and install electronics, and get a body on it...so i may not actually be driving till mid Jan, but I def wanna come out and watch...I need some pit set up ideas...wha part of DC/MD/VA are you at? @RC FREAK
Old 12-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

i might come out there some time next week just to take a look...the car is on order and should be here by next week but I need a little for the build, buy and install electronics, and get a body on it...so i may not actually be driving till mid Jan, but I def wanna come out and watch...I need some pit set up ideas...wha part of DC/MD/VA are you at? @RC FREAK
im off of 395 @ springfield....
Old 12-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

im off 395 and King, a few exits north of you!! how long does it take for you to get to the Track? are you actually running this car? if so, your going to be my new buddy!! LOL you racing on Jan 2?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.