Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 04:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Great to hear the shaft cars are at the sharp end, and that development on this platform will continue.

I've been finding my a700 evo2 to be very competitive at the moment, winning both of my last club meetings. I found my a800 ran well there, but on the unprepared low grip track, my evo2 is quicker at the moment. I have some work to do with the a800, with the nationals approaching.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JimboAMX
Great to hear the shaft cars are at the sharp end, and that development on this platform will continue.
Agreed. My Evo 2 was very fast at Reedy and a pleasure to drive. I don't plan on setting it aside any time soon. Big thanks to Tony Tam for all the setup help, I kept breaking personal bests with each adjustment, and congrats to Tony on a solid mod A main finish with the belted brother.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
My congratulations for Christian!
Guys, be assured that our "shaft" way will be continued.
Thank you Mr Babich. This is the first time that Christian ran this car. His first run was on Thursday during practice and with Tony Tams help, Christian made the necessary changes and worked to get the car ready for competition. He thought the car was easy to drive and performed flawlessly despite changing weather condition over the three days of competition.
It is a testament to your design that he was able to achieve with what I understand to be a older generation of car. If you or anyone on this forum can tell us what information you need, I will be happy to try and see what was used on the car and provide the team with set up information.
I thank all those running the awesomatix car a heart felt thank you for your support and kind words on encouragement and look forward to meeting more of you at future events. Thanks and will see you at the top.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WesRaven
It was truly an amazing performance to witness. Lopez really showed the capabilities of this platform even without the latest bells and whistles. No setup sheet yet, but you can see pictures and videos here. Imagine what he could do with just some upgraded dampers

Congrats to Christian for another impressive win at Reedy.
Thank you Wes for your kind words. It's a great car and deserving of the praise.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan
Congrats to Christian in 13.5 running an Evo1.

Would love to know what you are running for setup. Haven't had much experience in running without an upper deck.
Thank you Dan. Please let us know what you need in the way of information and will try and post this. Since this is our first time running the car we may not be familiar with want your looking for . Will do our best to post and share whatever is necessary to help.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Vta

Originally Posted by 2CARTEAM
Thank you Dan. Please let us know what you need in the way of information and will try and post this. Since this is our first time running the car we may not be familiar with want your looking for . Will do our best to post and share whatever is necessary to help.
Anyone have a good vta setup
Old 06-02-2016, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WesRaven
It was truly an amazing performance to witness. Lopez really showed the capabilities of this platform even without the latest bells and whistles. No setup sheet yet, but you can see pictures and videos here. Imagine what he could do with just some upgraded dampers

Congrats to Christian for another impressive win at Reedy.
Great pics & vid's. Thanks
Old 06-18-2016, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

I have an Evo2 and an Evo. The roll bars on each car are a little different. What roll bars do I want to order for the Evo? The Evo2 roll bars won't fit, unless I use pliers to bend them as they have an extra bend in them

Last edited by Madulla; 06-18-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madulla
I have an Evo2 and an Evo. The roll bars on each car are a little different. What roll bars do I want to order for the Evo? The Evo2 roll bars won't fit, unless I use pliers to bend then.
??? I'm about 99.9% sure they haven't changed. Only difference in bars is the thickness. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4mm and the little sausage holders have 2 size holes you may need to flip them or maybe you don't have the bars facing the right direction. Otherwise I got no clue what the issue is. Take some pictures of this problem.

PS - I like to use technical terms AKA: "little sausage holders" vs P05
Old 06-18-2016, 05:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have an Evo2 and an Evo. The roll bars on each car are a little different. What roll bars do I want to order for the Evo? The Evo2 roll bars won't fit, unless I use pliers to bend them as they have an extra bend in them
Huh? Bend in what direction? For width??
Ive never used the new all black bars on the oldest cars...

I wouldn't bent your bars
Old 06-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

I will try to take a pic. But the Evo chassis is wider than the Evo2 and the wires that came with the evo2 are too narrow to fit into the blocks. The Evo2 wires measures 87mm along the wire. The Evo wire measures 89mm. The Evo2 wire won't fit the wider blocks. The evo2 blocks are 75mm from set screw to set screw. The Evo is 85mm and that's center to center so a 87mm wire just doesn't cut it unless I sand down the blocks.

Last edited by Madulla; 06-18-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I will try to take a pic. But the Evo chassis is wider than the Evo2 and the wires that came with the evo2 are too narrow to fit into the blocks. The Evo2 wires measures 87mm along the wire. The Evo wire measures 89mm. The Evo2 wire won't fit the wider blocks. The evo2 blocks are 75mm from set screw to set screw. The Evo is 85mm and that's center to center so a 87mm wire just doesn't cut it unless I sand down the blocks.
What your saying makes sense...
If you need old style bars... We can find some for you. It might just take a few days....
Old 06-23-2016, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default A700 evo F/S

I posted in the For Sale thread myA700evo if anyone is interested...

Awesomatix A700evo

Our track closed down in February of 2015 and this awesome machine has been collecting dust since then. I built this car for the 2014 IIC race in Las Vegas but didn't run it there. The car is in pristine condition! (minus the dust) Everything in the pics is included... even the very hard to find aluminum chassis. This car needs a track to conquer!

3 spare diffs ($95.00 ea)
Aluminum chassis ($150.00)
Spool ($68.00)
those items alone are worth close to $500.00

Everything in the pics......

$650.00

https://picasaweb.google.com/1168256...74674644449073
Old 07-02-2016, 04:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions??

Ok so I have just rebuilt my a700 - put carbon arms back on (removed them to put on my a800, but the alu ones don't seem to work as well on the a700) also put the new thinker drive shaft on and removed the bearing brace etc. Ive also removed the carbon top plate and installed a chassis stiffener.

My first question is, how many screws do i need for the stiffener? I currently have one at each end holding it in place - is this enough or do i need a center one as well?

Second Question - will a set of ceramic bearings make any difference to the 700? The standard awesomatix ones seem to be pretty good - anyone used ceramic with any benefits?

Cheers,
Old 07-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DamageNZ
Ok so I have just rebuilt my a700 - put carbon arms back on (removed them to put on my a800, but the alu ones don't seem to work as well on the a700) also put the new thinker drive shaft on and removed the bearing brace etc. Ive also removed the carbon top plate and installed a chassis stiffener.

My first question is, how many screws do i need for the stiffener? I currently have one at each end holding it in place - is this enough or do i need a center one as well?

Second Question - will a set of ceramic bearings make any difference to the 700? The standard awesomatix ones seem to be pretty good - anyone used ceramic with any benefits?

Cheers,
I can't comment on the bearings. But with the stiffener, it's the same as the a800, more screws equals stiffer. I've never used only a single screw, but 2 is no problem. I'd suggest if you use a single screw, use a couple of grub screws to hold it in place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.