Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 03:51 AM
Tech Initiate

(car is working well, I like the way it feels, however, I do think it is on the edge of traction rolling-if I clip a dot, it rolls easily.)
Any solution/help for that?
Old 01-07-2015, 03:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tof
Hello,

On the new lower deck C01AL-S2 the C04 and P12 rub it between.

Should we cut the plastic part P12?
Yes, with C04 please remove some material on P12.
New C04AL and C04M don't need this.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
I am going to run the DR/L6 dampers on the new chassis. Was looking for a bit of help on trying to emulate the same feel as what I am currently running, car is working very well using Josh's set-up with a few changes.

My current damper/spring setting are;
Front A-5.0 B-6.0 = 64.7gf/mm
Rear A-5.4 B-5.6 = 69.1gf/mm

(car is working well, I like the way it feels, however, I do think it is on the edge of traction rolling-if I clip a dot, it rolls easily.)
For the new chassis--
Right now your guess are as good as ours. It is really early days for everyone w/ the car. You'll have to run a low "A" gap in order to ensure they remain straight on the car --- as the AM17{l|r} will not be in contact with the C01AL-S2 chassis 'notch' after 3.6mm of "A" gap

For flipping--
Decreasing your "A" or "B" would make sense
Focusing your changes on the rear of the car often provides the most benefit. I would just reduce your Rear "A" gap by 1mm to 1.4mm.

Originally Posted by markova
Any solution/help for that?
There are many potential solutions for traction roll. The challenge is often
1- getting the right information on what to change... as there is a lot of bad info out there.
2- which change to prioritize
Old 01-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
For the new chassis--
Right now your guess are as good as ours. It is really early days for everyone w/ the car. You'll have to run a low "A" gap in order to ensure they remain straight on the car --- as the AM17{l|r} will not be in contact with the C01AL-S2 chassis 'notch' after 3.6mm of "A" gap

For flipping--
Decreasing your "A" or "B" would make sense
Focusing your changes on the rear of the car often provides the most benefit. I would just reduce your Rear "A" gap by 1mm to 1.4mm.

There are many potential solutions for traction roll. The challenge is often
1- getting the right information on what to change... as there is a lot of bad info out there.
2- which change to prioritize
I hear you Mike, I should of ordered the new dampers as well. On the subject of orders, mine is due to be delivered today, thanks for getting it out so fast!

I will try setting the gaps as such;
Front A-3.0 B-4.2=65.1gf/mm
Rear A-3.4 B-3.8=69.8gf/mm

Will see how that feels compared to my old set-up. It should solve the flipping issue I think. I do have a new set of DL/R6 dampers, could try those with the softer A gaps, this may work as well.

Going to a big race this weekend, traction should be way higher than what I run on normally, so the softer setting should help, and I can try softening the springs as well. (was just looking at your set ups, it is very close to what I am running, with the exception of I am running some reactive front castor, and you are way softer on the springs/dampening) Will play with it, but I am starting to understand how this car works, and I like it. I've never been faster!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

the best suggestion is to try some big 'swings' in different directions until you get closer to a setup that feels right. you have to capitalize on the strengths of the given platform. the fact that with the help of a friend and a 1.5mm and 2.0mm driver you can change droop and dampening w/o leaving the stand is very important. in one battery pack you can potentially make some big changes and quickly dial yourself in (or out).
Old 01-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Going to a big race this weekend, traction should be way higher than what I run on normally, so the softer setting should help, and I can try softening the springs as well. (was just looking at your set ups, it is very close to what I am running, with the exception of I am running some reactive front castor, and you are way softer on the springs/dampening) Will play with it, but I am starting to understand how this car works, and I like it. I've never been faster!
If the race you are talking about is the WCICS / IROCC race in Victoria Canada this weekend I'm attempting to be there albeit a little late on Friday. Look me up and I'll give as much support as I can. That goes for anyone running our car. 58 stock TC entries and 27 mod TC , should be another great event !

Jake D.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:55 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
If the race you are talking about is the WCICS / IROCC race in Victoria Canada this weekend I'm attempting to be there albeit a little late on Friday. Look me up and I'll give as much support as I can. That goes for anyone running our car. 58 stock TC entries and 27 mod TC , should be another great event !

Jake D.
I'm glad you are going to be there....Jacob could use all your help he can get ....j/k
Old 01-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hanulec
the best suggestion is to try some big 'swings' in different directions until you get closer to a setup that feels right. you have to capitalize on the strengths of the given platform. the fact that with the help of a friend and a 1.5mm and 2.0mm driver you can change droop and dampening w/o leaving the stand is very important. in one battery pack you can potentially make some big changes and quickly dial yourself in (or out).
Yep, need to just try things. I never looked at it this way, you are right, very easy to do changes track side! One thing that just came to mind, it would be very useful if there was marks on the underside of the chassis at the damper cut-outs to set the dampers quickly track side.

Originally Posted by Magnet Top

Jake D.
That's the one, this will be my third year going, I keep moving up every year, this year hoping for a solid B main finish in both TC stock and 12 stock. Should be a good time regardless!
Old 01-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
I'm glad you are going to be there....Jacob could use all your help he can get ....j/k
It wouldnt be the same if you dont have both Jacobs

jk... thats right... should be a awesome.... 250+ entries now and still going up and up...
Old 01-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yep, need to just try things. I never looked at it this way, you are right, very easy to do changes track side! One thing that just came to mind, it would be very useful if there was marks on the underside of the chassis at the damper cut-outs to set the dampers quickly track side.
Unfortunately your spring rate and ride height are affected when moving the damper.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Hanulec, i found this old pic on your instagram (awesome pics btw!)
http://instagram.com/p/jS1XmeGY9V/

I have the same servo and servo saver from Xray, do you remember the thickness of shims you put the bring the servo back a little?

d'oh! in my excitement i missed the 1.75mm!
Old 01-07-2015, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Got my parts today to update my car. Needless to say, I have no assembly manual. Need guidance on the motor mount, how is it shimmed? Are there any shims between the chassis and AM73-1?

Also, there is no hole in the chassis for the center screw of AM08-1, does it just get held down by the damper screws now?
Old 01-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/motor-mount-2-mm2.html

For the central screw of the AM08-1 you don't need it and if you are lazy like me you will appreciate to unscrew just one screw to adjust the shocks
Old 01-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Got my parts today to update my car. Needless to say, I have no assembly manual. Need guidance on the motor mount, how is it shimmed? Are there any shims between the chassis and AM73-1?

Also, there is no hole in the chassis for the center screw of AM08-1, does it just get held down by the damper screws now?
Awesomatix USA website
http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/motor-mount-2-mm2.html
Old 01-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

no matter what i do my diff leaks from the right out drive ,i have tried black grease, green slime and i thought it was coming from the set scre but i sealed it with loctite and it still leaks like crazy . is there a better oring that fits in there? or is it possible that the diff case is defective? such pretty diff just need to keep oil in it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.