Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Hopefully this motivates Kyle B to get his setup out
I heard a rumor that a local racer in AZ got a hold of Kyle's car and actually wrote down his setup. That guy was last seen driving a TC6.2. I think Kyle found out and sent the KGB over to his house and brain washed him. Because why would anyone want to get rid of the awesomatix car. Just saying.....
Old 06-13-2015, 03:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Kyle Bergstrom base setup is posted. He built it for the Evo 2 leading upto the race. It put him in the right direction to qualify 4 and finish 3 in open mod.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Representing Awesomatix in SoCal

Just wanted to take a break from constantly asking questions and thank everyone here for their time and insight. It has been extremely helpful and showing results, as I have TQed and won the last two expert 17.5 a-mains at my local outdoor asphalt track here in SoCal (with a very comfortable lead on second). I believe before those was a 3rd place finish, so this Evo 2 is really getting accustomed to podium finishes

I'm currently the only Awesomatix in my class, so it's been nice to show you don't need to be an Xray or Yokomo clone to win races
Old 06-15-2015, 12:42 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WesRaven
Just wanted to take a break from constantly asking questions and thank everyone here for their time and insight. It has been extremely helpful and showing results, as I have TQed and won the last two expert 17.5 a-mains at my local outdoor asphalt track here in SoCal (with a very comfortable lead on second). I believe before those was a 3rd place finish, so this Evo 2 is really getting accustomed to podium finishes

I'm currently the only Awesomatix in my class, so it's been nice to show you don't need to be an Xray or Yokomo clone to win races
An excellent report
Old 06-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Root_66
I heard a rumor that a local racer in AZ got a hold of Kyle's car and actually wrote down his setup. That guy was last seen driving a TC6.2. I think Kyle found out and sent the KGB over to his house and brain washed him. Because why would anyone want to get rid of the awesomatix car. Just saying.....
LOL. Kyle is always fast, doesn't matter which car he drives Awesomatix works really well in AZ.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Congrats Wes
Where is that setup kid?
Old 06-15-2015, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hanulec
Congrats Wes
Where is that setup kid?
Thanks Mike! I've been wanting to share my setup since I haven't seen any for my track, and I know asphalt help is needed out there. I'll post my current setup here when I get home from work.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Here's the setup I've used mostly unchanged from my last two wins on a similar asphalt layout (we change the layout every race at my track). Our track is pretty smooth for the most part, but there are a couple sections where bumps are bad enough that I have to keep them in mind while tuning (and sometimes tune specifically for them). The car was extremely responsive with a lot of turn in and fast exit speed because I was able to hammer the throttle so early in the turn. The speed coming out of corners is mainly where I was making space between 2nd and I.

Looking at the race results, my average lap times were only a second behind the fastest mod guys... and we have a decent straight-away. I love driving this car
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
WesRaven_6-14-2015_Evo2.pdf (480.9 KB, 249 views)

Last edited by WesRaven; 06-16-2015 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default SPR02 MOD

Hey guys,

here you can find info about a MOD for our SPR02 part.

http://awesomatix.info/en/tipps-tric...-modifikation/

Will be very usefull for all Awesomatix drivers.
I recommend to do this asap on all your cars.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Max! This looks like a great idea.

I have a question for those running 13.5 or faster with the updated AT04-2 drive shaft: Do you have to run the bearing support to avoid shaft wobble at high speed? I just built an Evo 1 (with updated FFG 1.1 parts) with a 13.5, and at full throttle the AT04-2 shaft wobbles so bad it starts hitting things around it. I tried a couple different thick shafts, and all wobbled to some degree. I ended up having to put the bearing support back in. Is this normal? This is my first go at running anything faster than 17.5, so still lots to learn.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have a question for those running 13.5 or faster with the updated AT04-2 drive shaft: Do you have to run the bearing support to avoid shaft wobble at high speed? I just built an Evo 1 (with updated FFG 1.1 parts) with a 13.5, and at full throttle the AT04-2 shaft wobbles so bad it starts hitting things around it. I tried a couple different thick shafts, and all wobbled to some degree. I ended up having to put the bearing support back in. Is this normal? This is my first go at running anything faster than 17.5, so still lots to learn.
Wes- i've run mod w/ thick shaft and no bearings/no AM49 (but w/ top deck).
Old 06-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Max! This looks like a great idea.

Hi

In my opinion there is no need for bearing support when using AT04-2 shaft in modified class. Is shaft perfectly straight and other parts fine? From AM49 part there is sometimes few scratches to shaft, but I haven't had any bad wobbling with AT04-2 shaft.

-Viljami
Old 06-16-2015, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the responses guys. Since this is obviously not normal I took things apart and found the issue; The AM49 is hitting the shaft just enough to cause enough deflection for the shaft to start wobbling violently. The more it wobbles, the more it hits the AM49. With it removed completely the problem goes away. The area where the shaft can slightly touch the AM49 was uneven so I removed a little bit of metal with a small round file to create some space. Everything works great now at full throttle and no bearing support
Old 06-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Trying to look for some suggestions on how to place the speedo? Running a hobbywing 3.1. Anyone running the same that can put up pics? Do people generally run the speedos as close to the centre line as they can? Or offset them out a bit?

Also, with the power cap, can I put it right next to back of the motor? Will the heat effect it or is it bad for it?

Thanks,
Iain
Old 06-23-2015, 11:39 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm selling off one of my A700 Evo's, if anyone is looking for a good deal with some spares, and the elusive CO1AL original chassis http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...is-spares.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.