Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Me like!
EA.. bring 2 for me and 2 for FJ..
Old 09-27-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A700 track width issue solved ! I switched to Sweep Qts 32 Tires with deeper hexes, and voila 190mm.... No more Exp40 Tires for me..lol...
Old 09-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
The fan is way too close to the motor !!!! It needs to be at least 10mm away from the motor......
ran it twice now in this configuration and it works perfectly well. I will try however to source one of the clip-on braces for the fan as my friend also uses a zepplin race mount.

The first real test will be next weekend at Rug Racers.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

finally here is the setup that we've been crafting for 17.5/13.5 carpet on Jaco spec tires (works with Solaris Medium and Sweep Blue's too)

http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html
"Larry Fairtrace/Mike Hanulec Practice A700L 17.5 Blinky Horsham RC USA Horsham, PA 28 September 2013"

a few things we've learned based upon these settings-
#0 my prior base asphalt setup converted over very easily with just a front upper link shim change, and less dampening on carpet. these subtle changes where all Larry's doing. thank you brother!

#1 this shock/dampening package has made many other setups much easier for "mortals" to drive consistently. i've applied to this Mike Gee's setup from Sept 7th and was driving more consistent, especially when grip came up.

#2 the t-cut top deck help yields more traction, and is probably the right choice for most racers -- especially when the surface is "green"

#3 PLEASE pay attention to the 'type 2' configuration of the shocks. if you apply this setup but miss this step you car won't be bad, but it won't be this good (trust me, i already made that mistake myself when setting up a 2nd car identically -- and only noticed it as i made this setup sheet)

while rolling into IIC i'll have two differently setup cars for 17.5/13.5. one based upon this setup. one based upon Gee's setup -- but w/ the shocks settings modified.

Last edited by hanulec; 09-29-2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: get rid of the confusion..
Old 09-29-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Rookie

modified shocks??? do tell
Old 09-29-2013, 10:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by FUBFTC
maybe that should say 'modified shock settings'
nothing special going on here other than "A" and "B" values...
Old 09-29-2013, 11:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yesterday Mike Gee put together a fantastic TQ over the local competition at Middle River Hobbies. Now we just need Gee to graduate college so he can some more flexibility to attending races when class would be in session. He has an updated setup -- worth giving it a try, and it only has subtle changes since the last one..

Mike Gee Club Race A700L 17.5 Blinky Middle River Hobbies USA Middle River, MD 28 September 2013
Old 09-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FUBFTC
I wasn't sure what this was at first, but it's just changing the screws on the shocks to the right picture (version 2.)

Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-screen-shot-2013-09-29-2.26.39-pm.png  
Old 09-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

finally here is the setup that we've been crafting for 17.5/13.5 carpet on Jaco spec tires (works with Solaris Medium and Sweep Blue's too)

"Larry Fairtrace/Mike Hanulec Practice A700L 17.5 Blinky Horsham RC USA Horsham, PA 28 September 2013"

a few things we've learned based upon these settings-
#0 my prior base asphalt setup converted over very easily with just a front upper link shim change, and less dampening on carpet. these subtle changes where all Larry's doing. thank you brother!

#1 this shock/dampening package has made many other setups much easier for "mortals" to drive consistently. i've applied to this Mike Gee's setup from Sept 7th and was driving more consistent, especially when grip came up.

#2 the t-cut top deck help yields more traction, and is probably the right choice for most racers -- especially when the surface is "green"

#3 PLEASE pay attention to the 'type 2' configuration of the shocks. if you apply this setup but miss this step you car won't be bad, but it won't be this good (trust me, i already made that mistake myself when setting up a 2nd car identically -- and only noticed it as i made this setup sheet)

while rolling into IIC i'll have two differently setup cars for 17.5/13.5. one based upon this setup. one based upon Gee's setup -- but w/ the shocks settings modified.

Just wanted to double check that you ran 3.5deg rear toe angle?
seems a lot for blinky on carpet with "high traction"?
Old 09-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by part-time racer
I just looked at the sheet and I believe medium traction is checked off.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by part-time racer
Yeah, 3.5*. Id say for Jaco tires 3.5* is pretty normal. These tires dont have a ton of grip so we run 3.5* to make the rear feel locked in. Id run 3* for a tire that feels more locked in naturally like the Sweep 32. Typically I tend to run the same or more rear toe in stock vs mod
Old 09-30-2013, 02:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

when the car goes slower, the more rear toe you normally need.
3.5 degrees was the 'hotness' to lock in the rear from otherwise being loose. if my car feels to tight at IIC, changing the rear toe will be my first change for sure...
Old 09-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

when the car goes slower, the more rear toe you normally need.
3.5 degrees was the 'hotness' to lock in the rear from otherwise being loose. if my car feels to tight at IIC, changing the rear toe will be my first change for sure...
Have you tried using rear bump steer to have less scrub when going straight, but plant the rear more as the car sets into the corner, particularly when the rear is compressed on power?

Just curious, since that's a tuning option that's pretty unique to the awesomatix.

-Mike
Old 09-30-2013, 05:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Have you tried using rear bump steer to have less scrub when going straight, but plant the rear more as the car sets into the corner, particularly when the rear is compressed on power?

Just curious, since that's a tuning option that's pretty unique to the awesomatix.

-Mike
yeah.. that is something i personally would like to play with more on carpet. i used it on asphalt... and it worked well, especially in mod tc.

i think the relative changes within bump toe and arm/hub shimming are also a bit hard for some people to understand initially. i *believe* if you reduce the amount of shim on the rear toe link the car tightens up, and if you increase the shim on the rear toe link it loosens up. i'd have to look at a car again to ensure what i'm saying is right...
Old 09-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So again another adjustment you can't find in other cars !!!!
Progressive Toe (F/R).... Why doesn't everyone own an Awesomatix ????? I guess you can change all these progressive values(toe, caster,etc...) by just changing your ride height....wow..... This Car enlightens people for sure..... Happy Racing folks !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.