Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G-rem
To John Doucakis: I've seen on your blog that you are building a new EXL kit with special cut down on it in face to the one of the motor,... (hope you'll know what I mean, difficult without any pics); is that a own modification or this is a new chassis plate included in the last released EXL kits?

What are the other modifications? Do you planned to use #3 danmper with SPR01S?

Best regards,
G-rem
I don't think it's a new type of chassis, G-rem. My previously ordered kit (EXL) do have that 'cut' too. I'll attach photo for reference after.

Cheers.
JC
Old 06-18-2013, 03:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

G--

I think your talking about this blog http://jdandracing.blogspot.com/2013...g-new.html?m=1

I see in the pic a symmetrical cutout to the motor recession and some material take out in the center by the rear. This is not how the cars are shipping. I haven't heard of this modification from Oleg as being a planned one. While it is interesting, the height change at the battery holder section makes it less than practical. I personally use the F1 slot a lot and it would require some shimming under the batt mount.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

^Sharp eyes you got in there buddies. I haven't noticed the mirrored-motor slot guides which is indeed unusual from the current available chassis that are being shipped/sold.

Hope we can hear something out this 'special' type of chassis from JD.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all,
I have noticed a problem on my schocks.
After a training battery, I saw that one of the schock O-rings was loose. On one side it was at his place and on the other it had almost popped out.
Now I have the impression that the left and right rates aren't identical any more.
Is it possible? What can I do? Apart from buying new schocks?
Cheers
Old 06-18-2013, 01:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Awesoman
Hi all,
After a training battery, I saw that one of the schock O-rings was loose. On one side it was at his place and on the other it had almost popped out.
Now I have the impression that the left and right rates aren't identical any more.
Cheers
Id recommend you try and isolate the issue.

Disconnect the shocks. Do the arms move freely. Is there an issue with the p05, p04 or p01/p02?

If your right rear has issue, swap the front left (which is a d6r) shock and bench test. Does the car move up / down the same. Side to side the same. The issue could be a bent spr02.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi all,
Cheers
Just put this U-ring back on its place. It is enough.

Our dampers have a lot of excessive ( non-working) oil inside due to the technological reasons . This excessive oil doesn't affect on the damper's operation but can press out the output U-ring due to the expansion of the oil at heating. This effect can be also after air flight or on the fresh dampers that have too much excessive oil after assembling.
The excessive oil ( one-two drops) should go out during several runs.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hanulec
G--

I think your talking about this blog http://jdandracing.blogspot.com/2013...g-new.html?m=1

I see in the pic a symmetrical cutout to the motor recession and some material take out in the center by the rear. This is not how the cars are shipping. I haven't heard of this modification from Oleg as being a planned one. While it is interesting, the height change at the battery holder section makes it less than practical. I personally use the F1 slot a lot and it would require some shimming under the batt mount.
Hi,

The symmetrical milling of the chassis is my own modification. The goal is to achieve symmetrical flex behavior which is a property that some other popular manufacturers seem to try and achieve. The two front battery positions are pretty much not used. I have now also added one more battery position between the two rearward settings. This new position is now same to that of the 'L' chassis as I discovered that the 'L' chassis had different battery position options than that of the 'EX' chassis.
Oleg has already expressed his concerns over this modification, its durability, practicality and actual effect, but I still went forward with it out of curiosity. Testing will show if it was worth it or not.
John
Old 06-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hi all,
Cheers
One quick way to eliminate whether it is the dampener or bent spring/spring arm is to check to see if your car requires additional preload to achieve equal ride height left to right. If there is a corner of the car that you find needs additional preload, chances are that is where the problem is - it may feel stiffer, be sure to check the spring/arm of that dampener.

I have yet to find a dampener go bad; but I have had springs/arms go bad after some use.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,
First of all, thanks for all the replies.
The other parts are ok
I've put the o-ring at the right place again, and will check the springs this evening.
Cheers
Old 06-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Hi again!
I've screwed the ride height screws so that they are almost same threated.
Now it feels again like the damping rates are equal left and ride.
I hope so because 20€ for a damper isn't really cheap
Cheers
Old 06-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hi again!
I've screwed the ride height screws so that they are almost same threated.
Now it feels again like the damping rates are equal left and ride.
I hope so because 20€ for a damper isn't really cheap
Cheers
In the event that you find that the ride height screws are of different heights - you should disassemble and inspect the springs with each other. You might find that one of the springs might have a different shape from the other usually caused by some impact. A bent spring arm is usually the cause of the unequal dampener feel.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

I have disassembled the front drivetrain and have taken the springs out. After the inspection, it seems like they are both normal (that means "flat").
I will try this out on Saturday, and see how the car feels.
Thanks again
Cheers
Old 06-19-2013, 11:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have disassembled the front drivetrain and have taken the springs out. After the inspection, it seems like they are both normal (that means "flat").
I will try this out on Saturday, and see how the car feels.
Thanks again
Cheers
Make sure to bench test the car. Ensure it feels the same front to rear. Side to side. Press down on each body post to see how the car rolls.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

What do you mean with bench test?
Sorry but my english isn't so good
Old 06-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just make sure everything seems and feels right before you go to the track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.