Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hey oleg i placed an order on monday because i need the parts by next weekend but u still havent shipped #1000492 can u please tell me why its taking so long?
Old 06-20-2012, 05:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theatriks
hey oleg i placed an order on monday because i need the parts by next weekend but u still havent shipped #1000492 can u please tell me why its taking so long?
I think that your parcel was shipped already.
But we can't receive tracking info for you due to typhoon attack holidays in Taiwan now.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
But we can't receive tracking info for you due to typhoon attack holidays in Taiwan now.
I see lol alrite well you telling me its shipped is good enough for me...thanks
Old 06-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone knows which other manufacturer makes the same sized ball studs used by the A700?

Cheers
Old 06-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viper1
Anyone knows which other manufacturer makes the same sized ball studs used by the A700?

Cheers
Kyosho
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Airwave
I've seen these videos, but I was asking for some physical explanation about the potential "torque steer effect"...
sorry to quote such an old reply but i was searching for ways to aleviate torque steer as i was experiencing it quite a bit just out of one corner of the track the only way i could get out of that corner was to manage the throttle quite slowly but was losing time because of it.....anyone else have this problem?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sorry to quote such an old reply but i was searching for ways to aleviate torque steer as i was experiencing it quite a bit just out of one corner of the track the only way i could get out of that corner was to manage the throttle quite slowly but was losing time because of it.....anyone else have this problem?
It is possible you aren't experiencing torque steer at all.
In my case the *feeling* of torque steer was because I used 1000 cst in my gear diff. Freddy suggested 1500 to 2000 and the perception of torque steer vanished.

Jake D.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
It is possible you aren't experiencing torque steer at all.
In my case the *feeling* of torque steer was because I used 1000 cst in my gear diff. Freddy suggested 1500 to 2000 and the perception of torque steer vanished.

Jake D.
Ok starting to sound good but what were you running on ...im on fresh paved smooth asphalt and the track temp is around 130f (measured directly from track surface) but i was running 1000 so i will try thickening it up....thanks.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Carpet

Carpet
Old 06-27-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Are you using tweak station or some others procedures for equalizing of springs preload?
Old 06-27-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Are you using tweak station or some others procedures for equalizing of springs preload?
yes i use the hudy system and the car has absoulotely no tweak in it and i played around with different settings ....i made the rear softer and that helped ...i also lower the rear droop a bit and that help a little as well but coming out of every corner hard was fine except this one hairpin ...if i gave her even a little she would slide out......next track day is this saturday im gonna try the 2000cst in the diff and see if this helps
Old 07-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys am i the only one driving the awesomatix that every time i tap the corner or turn in a little too soon that the lower arm pops up and i lose a shock rod every time ....is there a way around this ? I'm thinking of shoo gooeeing the shock rods in place......i must have gone through 8 shock rods already. Its getting too the point that this sedan is too fragile for the track...i love the car but since it can't take even a little abuse i might have to put it on the shelf as a centrepiece lol
Old 07-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Will there be a new batch/series A700 soon?
If so, when will the car be on sale?
What will be the changes and or improvements on the car?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hey guys am i the only one driving the awesomatix that every time i tap the corner or turn in a little too soon that the lower arm pops up and i lose a shock rod every time ....is there a way around this ? I'm thinking of shoo gooeeing the shock rods in place......i must have gone through 8 shock rods already. Its getting too the point that this sedan is too fragile for the track...i love the car but since it can't take even a little abuse i might have to put it on the shelf as a centrepiece lol
What do you mean you have gone through 8 shock rods already? They dont break.

It takes a good load to pop the shock rods out. Make sure the cusp is not elongated from your previous adventures. Chances are you have stretched the cusp out of its original form. Also ensure the the shock rod is fully seated or popped in with a set of needle nose pliers. Are you also popping the hub out as well in those collisions? Sounds a bit odd if you are not losing both on collision.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MDawson
What do you mean you have gone through 8 shock rods already? They dont break.

It takes a good load to pop the shock rods out. Make sure the cusp is not elongated from your previous adventures. Chances are you have stretched the cusp out of its original form. Also ensure the the shock rod is fully seated or popped in with a set of needle nose pliers. Are you also popping the hub out as well in those collisions? Sounds a bit odd if you are not losing both on collision.
I'm losing shock rods because they fall out on impact and I can't find them after....and on impact the hub does pop out sometimes but most the time it's the arm that pops and when I go pick my car up the shock rod is never there and I can't ever find it..I've replaced the cusp and yes the shock rod always pops in the cusp everytime I install it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.