Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Put a bigger front bumper in the A700, and nothing will pop Off ! The current bumper is way too small, and I had rather put on some weight up front than breaking at every meet... If you also use Mr. Dawson's ties on top of the bigger bumper, you will be bulletproof ! Parma makes a 3X8” universal foam bumper that can be cut wide enough to protect your investment , use it !!!!!!
bigger bumper i personaly thought the bumper was pretty large the top ball joint it only caused when hit on the side or if you clip something side on.
jake
Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theatriks
Yes I agree with u 100% the A700 in a clean run is the fastest chassis out there ....i was just stating how if the company wanted to sell to the masses coming up for solutions for these minor problems would help in that......i also agree with you on the parts aspect i have only had to buy 7 shock rods for this car nothing else because of the fact that the car was desigend to pop it saves you money on parts.....i just think it pops too easily .
Hi theatriks,
I think that something is wrong with your SPR02 ( maybe it was bended during crash ) or P04 ( spherical hole was destroyed).
SPR02 Shock Rod Guide must have right shape to provide smooth movement of ST05 Shock Rod without jamming.

Usually, cases of ST05 pop out are very rare even without any additional 0-rings or tubes and we have not received complaints about it.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Oleg,

Do you know more please when A700 will be available again?

Nico'
Old 07-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nico'
Hi Oleg,

Do you know more please when A700 will be available again?

Nico'
according to oleg this month
jake
Old 07-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jake95
according to oleg this month
thanks a lot!
Old 07-03-2012, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Hi theatriks,
I think that something is wrong with your SPR02 ( maybe it was bended during crash ) or P04 ( spherical hole was destroyed).
SPR02 Shock Rod Guide must have right shape to provide smooth movement of ST05 Shock Rod without jamming.

Usually, cases of ST05 pop out are very rare even without any additional 0-rings or tubes and we have not received complaints about it.
Well oleg i think there is 3 of us who have just complained about it ....thats why we are resorting to putting fuel tubing over it ....and there is nothing bent and my p04 is brand new i have lots of spares but yet the same thing keeps happening.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by theatriks
Well oleg i think there is 3 of us who have just complained about it ....thats why we are resorting to putting fuel tubing over it ....and there is nothing bent and my p04 is brand new i have lots of spares but yet the same thing keeps happening.
I have had my car since Novemeber i done a full indoor winter Series and half way thought outdoor series and could probably count the parts i have broken on one hand and never had this happen.

When the shock rod is popping out does this happen to the same side every time? Is this only the front or Rear as well?

I don't run any o ring or tube and never have, We need to try and see why this is happening.

When the Shock rod pops out is this only the rod what pops or does the Hub pop out as well?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by abe-racing
I have had my car since Novemeber i done a full indoor winter Series and half way thought outdoor series and could probably count the parts i have broken on one hand and never had this happen.

When the shock rod is popping out does this happen to the same side every time? Is this only the front or Rear as well?

I don't run any o ring or tube and never have, We need to try and see why this is happening.

When the Shock rod pops out is this only the rod what pops or does the Hub pop out as well?
thanks dude i love the amount of support i get from this thread its awesome...and dont get me wrong this car rocks I love it ....but this problem is a bit annoying i will go home tonight and double check ever part on that side and i will check for the pieces Oleg mentioned too and i will get back too you guys.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If you haven't already done so I recommend filing/cutting down the axles so that they are flush with the wheel lock nuts. This will prevent them from 'grabbing' onto the board. In my personal experience, the combination of using a stiffer/wider bumper and cutting down the axles drastically reduced the parts breakage in both my A700 (stock 17.5) and 417x (mod) cars.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank you John C. ! I did not mention filling the axles because I thought that was too obvious... The part of the bumper that protects the Tires has to be stiff enough and has to be anchoring the body tightly, even slightly pushing the body outward.... No way this Car will break after that, unless you're jumping boards.... Good luck....
Old 07-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

thanks mdawson .. john c.. oleg ..and jake you guys have been a great help with your responses hopefully everything u mentioned will work.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default where to buy parts

Where are you guys buying parts?

I see you can order directly from awesomatix but I don't know about doing a bank transfer - i have never done one.

Help me out. I am interested in the battery clamp system.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bdortch

I see you can order directly from awesomatix but I don't know about doing a bank transfer - i have never done one.

The best place is to get it directory of the awesomatix website. I have only ever used PayPal when buying parts from him, normally ships item same day or the day after.
Jake
Old 07-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Two weeks ago I got myself an Awesomatix, I'm really liking it a lot. The quality of the parts and the design are simply unrivaled.
Since it's my first electric touring car (I'm an experienced nitro driver) it's a steep learning curve, but thus far I'm really pleased with the way the car handles.

I've got two questions though:

-Has anyone tried to run the car without the main shaft support, the two ball bearings which support the shaft?. Since I'm only running 13,5 blinky I thought about leaving it out to create a bit more space for the electronics.

-Last week I had my first race with the car, and this was also the first time I ran new tires. I scrubbed them in to get rid of the molding line (Ride 32 tires) and prepared them for the first qualifier. For some reason the car was slower on the new tires compared to older tires which had been run for around 400 laps. They started to get better after 3 runs, but still the car wasn't as good as on the old tires. It felt very nervous, unstable and the rear was breaking loose at the apex of several corners.
Does anyone know how this can happen?. The rubber tires are new to me so I guess it has something to do with tire preparation or car setup.
I will post my setup tomorrow since I don't have my car with me right now.
On old tires the setup is very close to what it should be, slight hint of understeer at corner entry but very stable and easy to drive.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bdortch

Battery clamp is awesome causes no tweak genius design ..so simple ...and amazing nobody has ever thought of it before ........he takes paypal at an extra 4%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.