Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: chassis

Originally posted by Joneser
Fuzzy.....you can have Ray do it....he does the second best job around

I had the opportunity to drive Ray's car. It is very nice. Seems to handle much better than a stock TC3.....similar to my xray.
It is true-Joneser does the BEST chassis prep work-period!!
Old 10-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Retracted the slam on UPS, they had left my D2 sitting in front of the woodshop and no where near the house with no one signing for it?? Oh well, just glad my D2 is about to be a racing machine. This sucker is so sweet, the weave is just too cool looking! Victor, thanks for such an awesome looking car I am certain is going to be totaly dialed for tomorrows racing.

Last edited by Fasttrak; 10-10-2003 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,dont mean to barge in on your forum here,im just curious to see if any of you guys tried the blue d2's yet.im curious to see if the stuff works ok.i saw the pic of it and it is a piece of work.good going vic
Old 10-11-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

I got my BLUE D2 yesterday...Thanks Vic!
Can't wait to try it out...don't know if it will be run this weekend, looks like we are still outside.
I can say this is one of the finest chassis I have seen. The machine work is excellent. Couldn't ask for more. I went ahead and sealed the edges with CA and did the same to the top deck. Got a nitro rack on it and im just waiting for the rain to come this way tomorrow! I want to put this beast on carpet!
Old 10-11-2003, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Will any of you Floridian Warpspeed Drivers be at the "First Coast Carpet Championships", in Jax, FL?

I'll be making the trip from GA...hope to see some of you guys there!

Doug.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Took the D2 out for its maiden voyage this evening and must say I did the chassis no favors.Poor preperation and rushing the build had a poorly tuned chassis which meant for a poor showing this evening. Having preppred the chassis Friday night and allowing for reassembly of the chassis on Saturday morning\noon, I figured I had plenty of time to swap base components and get a ton of lap time before the races began. Too bad I had utterly forgot to consider the shorter wheel base and the current state of my body... Panic time hours before race And bodies are more disliked then doing shocks for me The entire night was basicly a panic attempt to get the rear of the car planted as it hated power and off-power turns especially hairpins. Need to get some ones help with a D2 on rubber tires (typically Pits 24R rear and Pits 27R front) on a medium size tight course Ozite carpet track using 19t. Tried the array of shock tower changes, spring changes just about any of the standard quick tuning adjustments to get some rear stability and could not find it. Did not help that I was rushed and soon began making more then one change at a time which had me chasing my tail. Surprisingly went from a ninth place start in the main to pick up two more spots to seventh place in a field of very competetive racers. Hopefully get out to the track for a couple hours tomorrow and get this sucker dialed in good-n-tight. This car just loves to turn in tight and I am dying to see it do that with rear-end following, will make for some fun passing.
Old 10-12-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

I just ran my D-2 today, and after a couple of weeks dialing it in and figuring out what adjustments affect the car the most and then finding a pretty good setup the car ran absolutly awsome. The only thing I could have asked for was just a little moe sterring but I'll have that worked out by next week.

Doug, I haven't heard anything about that race, when is it , and what tires do they run?
Old 10-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Default Demon 1

Hey all,

I had a fun day today. I made some stupid rookie mistakes thathurt me in heat #3 and the Main, but I qualified 4 seconds faster than last Sunday and started the A in 6th place. I got the hole shot of the year and was in third before the first turn. I used Zubak drops (I almost never rundrops anymore) and that was part of it. I then found the car to be getting worse in right hand turnsand that was killling my rythm. Turns out I peeled the left rear!! So I survived the 5 minutes and finished 7th-I think.
But my time in th Main was a full lap slower than my qualifying and I didnt have any crashes, just a lot od near spin-poouts from the peeld tire. I hope to get my D2 next week and start testing that car for the NORCAR Halloween Classic.

Ray
Old 10-13-2003, 04:11 AM
Tech Addict

@Rayhuang

Thanks! I’ll try the locknuts and tighten them down. I have the same up and down slop so I guess it should work.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Just received my D2 thanks vic!
Old 10-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Axiom,

I tried White springs with the stock sway bar and it was fine, but I felt like I could use just a tad more steering. I went back to my Yellow springs, but put Buds 0.078 sway bar on front. I liked that much better. I put in my best stuff for the third round of qualifying, but found the car to be wandering around and no high speed steering. Turns out-I didnt re-check ride height after changing springs and I was running at 6mm front and 4mm rear-DOH!!! My excuse is I was running the computer for most of the races during the day..... Bad excuse???

Ray
Old 10-13-2003, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

hey all you guys out there running the d-2 i finally ran mine this sunday on an aphalt out door track with 140 ft straight going into a sweeper with a 90 deg hair pin turn thats about half the length of the track the track is 80 feet wide and its a flowing track i had a high speed push which was not areodynamic . i put 15 to 20 packs on the car and had a nasty push. i tried evereything in the book to elimanate the understeer guys trust me donot run the rear shock tower up front on asphalt on the d-1 with the longer wheelbase it works great on carpet i dont know yet bcause i havent tried it .
once i worked out the understeering problem the car was awsome in the infield.
but this wednesday nite i will be at the track with the car again with the origional shock tower upfront, with the rear shock tower the car looses grip in the middle of the corner unless you go to losi 6 deg blocks and 2 deg kickup up so the car steers in the corner but for the guys with the associated blocks you have to run the regular shock tower on asphalt on carpet you can get away with it because theres more traction..
over all the car is fast and it handles the twisties better than the d-1 the d-2 diffinatly handles transitions from left to right quicker than the d-1 and is planted in the rear under hard accelleration .
Old 10-13-2003, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like I might run my D2 on asphalt...I just can't get scratches on that chassis ...ill double up chassis protector and seal the edges with duct tape lol...maybe not...
Anyone running a one way in the D2? or has everyone gone to a spool or diff? I like the one way for asphalt in my milled out tub, but I dont know if it will be too much for the short wheelbase D2.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

bab i was running the car with a oneway and then a spool i actually was faster with the spool i just made a bad choice with the shock tower set up!
Old 10-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

wow howard hasn't posted in a while...

where is that 909'r?
hahahahahahahahaha jk howard

oh yeah, how much are the diff cases?
upper deck(2.5)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.