Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We'll just let Stamper watch Dave. I know that your slamed now but we can hook up after Cleveland on the web site.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would like to thank Futureal for RC Tech and Josh Cyrul for contributing to this forum (as well as Barry Baker). Yes I too would like to see David Spashett on RC Tech. I hope in the spring you all will also say a little something on some of the nitro touring threads.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Josh has always been great with helping other racers and thats why I respect him. I see a lot of fast guys that blow off rokies and I think thats wrong. We, by we I mean the fast guys, should try to help everyone who needs it and further promote the hobby. Especially 1/12 mod. But thats my $.02.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:39 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Most definitely. The best way to grow this hobby is to make people feel at home at their local track. Starting out in racing is a daunting proposition for a lot of people, especially when they see how "hardcore" a lot of racers are.

Having somebody experienced sitting there willing to help you out is awesome.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

The problem I have found latley is that some rookies won't ask for help or if you offer it they don't listen. I just do what I can.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Default Cleveland

Hi,
Anyone know what bodies are legal for the Cleveland Touring Mod. class?
Protoform Alfa 2,0? Chevron Nissan Skyline?

Josh: Is there any pictures of the 1/12 car somwhere?
Old 11-11-2003, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Cleveland

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
Hi,
Anyone know what bodies are legal for the Cleveland Touring Mod. class?
Protoform Alfa 2,0? Chevron Nissan Skyline?

Josh: Is there any pictures of the 1/12 car somwhere?
Anders: Legal bodies would be anything that ROAR allows, which is a bunch so I'll give you the list of what I've seen that works, and is legal. Protoform Alfa 156 and Alfa 2.0, Stratus and Stratus 2.0, Volvo S60, Honda Accord 4-door, BMW 3 series 4-door, Vauxhall Vectra. Andy's Stratus and Accord. Yokomo Stratus. Trinity Stratus. HPI Stratus, Hpi Alfa. Parma MG X-20. These are just the ones that I can think of off the top of my head, but are the most popular choices as well.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Thanks, But as I have one Nissan as well, I just want to check if it any idéa to send it with Andreas, as packaging will be critical anyway.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately ROAR requires 4-door bodies and I believe the Skyline is a Two-door shell isn't it? You can probably just hang on to it for racing at home.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Well, not exactly. Nissan do have two versions in scale 1:1. One 2 door, and this one, a 4 door.
By the way, they are just awesome in real.
What I have seen, is that "the 10:th scale" is little tweake compair to the real one, as the roof is pushed to the front, so the trunk is twice the size of what it should be. I guess this gives our wings a better "stand".
Old 11-11-2003, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, I wasn't aware that the Chevron was based on the 4-door variant of the Skyline. They are incredibly sinister looking cars in 1:1 scale. I'm actually a huge fan of Japanese performance cars of various eras. Nissan Skylines and Fairlady Z's are some of my all time favorite cars.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

futureal - Sounds good. I'm sure you'll be able to track me down there!!

Adam - Ok..

Andres - No pictures of the car yet. Everyone will have to wait for Cleveland for that one...
Old 11-11-2003, 07:56 AM
Shop Owner

Originally posted by John Doucakis
Josh,

this is John again from Greece. My country is hosting a 1/ 8th on-road EFRA GP, similar to the one you attended when you went to Italy Melzo. I am inviting you to come and race with us as I am sure you will enjoy staying for a few days in my country. Please feel free to e-mail me for all the details. [email protected]

to view some pics of the track go to the following link and click on the track picture on the top left of your screen.

http://www.mug.gr/mug/index.htm

In addition to what John mentioned click http://www.fanatix.gr/main.asp?lang=...FRT_EN&super=3 in order to view some pictures of the track where the race will be given. I hope those pictures will motivate you and join us!

Nikc

Last edited by nnick; 11-11-2003 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Adam Hartzell
We'll just let Stamper watch Dave. I know that your slamed now but we can hook up after Cleveland on the web site.

Oh, Dave Johnson. Not the Dave that Josh is talkin' about.

I think Josh hooked him up with enough parts for the car just to make it roll straight and that's it. Josh is a nice guy. If someone comes to him pouting, holding half a car, he waves his hands and magically it straightens out the chassis and has new parts on it. Next time i see him, I will be looking for the lightening bolt shaped scar on his forhead.

Anyways, as for Dave, he is a big boy now and has his own parts for the car. I am cutting him loose and see what happens. I will help anyone who comes to me as always, but I am going to concentrate on my driving instead of setting up other people's cars that have enough experience and skill to do it themselves.

Am I ranting, no. Is this a ask Josh thread, yes.

Oh here's the ask Josh part. Josh can I have a car too.

I had to ask.

I suck driving and won't be near the "A" at cleveland.

Tim
Old 11-11-2003, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Thanks again!

Josh - I might just have to start racing 1/12th again if your car makes it to production. Thanks again for the help, and sorry about exiting so quickly. I figured you were tired like me and needed some rest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.