Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks Josh.

We would still love to have you up to Canada on the August 19 - 21 weekend for our Canadian Asphalt Invitational. We now have Barry Baker, Todd Hodge and Andrew CartWright confirmed and would love to have a Kyosho rep at our race!!! If you are interested, pm me or email me at, [email protected] and we'll see if we can't make it work for you. You could bring your family...we do have the World's largest mall here in Edmonton...let your wife spend some of your $$$!!

John Hughes
Old 06-10-2005, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Cool, thanks for replying Josh, just two more questions then if I may

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Sorry guys, I haven't been around much as I was out at the Reedy Race and then came home where my wife became ill and we spent nearly a week in the hospital with her so it's been a bit busy to say the least....

jjmudd - Yep, exactly the same for any engine....

Mabuchi 540 - Gearing wise, the C12's rear pod is longer than most all the other 1/12's out there right now. This allows us to gear the car much higher without having to run a tiney spur gear to do so. We still keep the suspension geometry close by moving the t-bar pivot farther back. The back of the chassis has 2 holes, one for a CEFX t-bar and one for an Asc t-bar. The kit includes Jaco Purple fronts and Jaco Pink rears. The diff balls are standard 1/8 (this is the standard size used in all Kimbrough, PRS, RW, Robinson and any other gear for a 1/12 car). As far as upgrade parts - the kits now are including all the new batches of parts (motor plates, king pins, dampner tubes) as well as all the new Evo2 parts as we have now completely switched over to the new inventory. Hop-up parts you can get are the upright servo mounts and of course any of the green stuff if you prefer green over the standard silver look.
Well 3 if you want to be picky.

What size is the included spur and with it how many teeth would I need on the pinion to get the previously mentioned "at least better than my CGM running 540 stock" (currently between 43.75mm and 46.49mm rollout and plenty fast enough on my local tightish track)?

And lastly, I am having a lot of trouble finding an online store that takes CC and will ship to New Zealand at a resonable price (one shop would only ship via UPS for $90 example)...that actually has the C12 in stock.

Do you know where I could get a couple from in the next 2-3 days?

I'm only getting two to cover every possible breakage I could think of considering NZ has no agents and it's some distance to send away for one little bumper for example.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: One more total newb to 1/12th question, I'm just wondering if the kit comes with a standard setup? You know make the steering rods this length, adjust such and such to this length for the camber (as a starting point) I'm sure you get the drift.

Mainly because other than a gauge to measure ride height for my TC I don't have any setup gauges as such and have always gone by kit setups (+ or - ing the starting lengths). Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 06-10-2005 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

*bump* steer.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey Josh, can you recommend tires for 1/12 mod on ozite carpet for me please?
Old 06-13-2005, 10:42 AM
The Evicerator

Josh,

I hope that everything is going better for you this week! Take care!
Old 06-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default A blast from the past...

This is an old vid but it is still pretty cool. It will probably live forever on the net...

sorry...bad link....some questionable pop ups behind the video!
Old 06-20-2005, 04:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Randy, I know that he runs two stage foams front and rear. Or Pink and I think Dbl pink.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Randy - Scott had it covered. I usually run the Jaco 2-stage tires on both the front and the rear. If I'm not running those then I'm on double pink fronts with pink rears (rarely white rears on carpet)....

Evicerator - Thanks!!
Old 06-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Randy - Scott had it covered. I usually run the Jaco 2-stage tires on both the front and the rear. If I'm not running those then I'm on double pink fronts with pink rears (rarely white rears on carpet)....

Evicerator - Thanks!!
I've seen/read a number of times that the "Jaco 2-stage" tires seem to be the way to go for even better control than the purple/pink combo that comes in the C12 kit. But I have been unable to find them listed anywhere.

I did a google search "jaco 2-stage" and only got two references. Once the kit tires run/wear out I thought I would have a set of those ready to use, any ideas/suggestions where can I might be able to get them online?
Old 07-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Congrats Josh on your ROAR Sedan Nats win!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yea good job Josh. I'm sorry the win was less spectacular because of the controversy, but everyone agrees you were the winner without a doubt.

I didn't get to see the mains cause we left Sunday morning for Memphis but I can only assume you figured something out since your car looked like a real handfull to drive during qualifying. You did a great job getting it into the main considering the circumstances.

As usual it was good seeing you and I was glad to get a chance to sit down and chat a little. Man that baby is cute as a button! You ever figure out who her father is???
Old 08-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

page 7, that won't do. TTT
Old 08-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Ray - Thanks!!!

BigDog - Thanks! I did figure out a lot for the final as my car was a ton better just in time. As far as who the father is - I guess you have to ask my wife that one!!

Racin Rev - Thanks...lol..
Old 08-06-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Hey Josh, what's two stage rubber (foam) ?
Thanks.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Barry,
I know I'm not the "Man" but I do have the answer, the two stage Jaco tires
are like the 12th scale tires they brought out last winter. the "core" is a lighter and stiffer foam wrapped with the same foam as we run know such as double pink. Josh can explain the benefits of this tire, but from the results their faster.
Hope that helps for now.
James

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.