Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Pitbull, thank you so much for the kind words. I was catching up on my forum reads and saw what you wrote. Thanks again and I really appreciate it. I’ve just figured out what paint job/livery I’m going to use on my F104. Now I have to find some time to get it done. I’ll post up some pics when it’s all finished.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Well the electronics are finally in the car. YEAH!!!! I wish I could take credit for the wiring job but I can’t. My friend did this up for me, and he did an AWESOME job with everything. He wired his this way first, when I saw how he did his my jaw hit the floor. The servo and ESC wires are wrapped with shrink tubing, then shoe-gooed to the chassis. The battery still moves in-and-out with with no problems, even though it sits on top of the ESC wire to the receiver. The wiring to the motor is outstanding, no interference what so ever. The pod moves side to side and front to back without any binding. We both agreed that 16awg wire would suffice with the kit or Formula Tuned motor. Did I mention the body drops right on the chassis for a perfect fit. Thanks DJ for all the work, it’s been the highlight of my week. []

I’m so stoked about this I just thought I’d share this with everyone

Vyg

Old 07-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
Well the electronics are finally in the car. YEAH!!!! I wish I could take credit for the wiring job but I can’t. My friend did this up for me, and he did an AWESOME job with everything. He wired his this way first, when I saw how he did his my jaw hit the floor. The servo and ESC wires are wrapped with shrink tubing, then shoe-gooed to the chassis. The battery still moves in-and-out with with no problems, even though it sits on top of the ESC wire to the receiver. The wiring to the motor is outstanding, no interference what so ever. The pod moves side to side and front to back without any binding. We both agreed that 16awg wire would suffice with the kit or Formula Tuned motor. Did I mention the body drops right on the chassis for a perfect fit. Thanks DJ for all the work, it’s been the highlight of my week. []

Vyg

Bitchin setup!!!!! Even if you didnt do it(lol)
I have an idea on how to run lipos without cutting the chassis. I will post some pics as soon as I have a chance to fab up the idea
Vyger, YGPM by the way
Old 07-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Vyg
Hi may i trouble you to take a picture of the ESC wire connecting to the reciever, without the battery?? I am having trouble to doing that without having the wire going over the top deck.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Oh so that's the way to do it!

Hey Vyger,

Thanks for sharing and seating the standard (as usual lol).
Will try to follow.

Question: I guess he had to cut the cables from the servo and RX and solder them back? Or how did he trim the excess length? Soldering those little cables seems like a huge task? Let us know,

Congrats and,
Cheers
Old 07-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Yogi, Nice to hear from you again. I hope you've been well. I wish I could take the credit for this but I can't. My friend DJ is the one that set the bar. He does frickin awesome work when it comes to wiring.

He didn't cut or shorten any of the wires for the radio gear. He took the J-plugs off and wrapped them with shrink tubing, then reattached the J-plug. After he hit it with a heat gun he used shoe-goo to secure the wires to the chassis.

Arahawak; I took the pics you asked for. I'll post them up as soon as photobucket gets done updating their website. I can't get to any of my pics because their doing some maintenance right now.

Last edited by Vyger; 07-24-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Arahawk; I took the pics you asked for. I'll post them up as soon as photobucket gets done updating their website. I can't get to any of my pics because their doing some maintenance right now.
Thank you. Will be doing some soldering again tonight!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Here are the pics with the battery out, showing the ESC wire going across the chassis to the receiver. There is plenty of clearence for the battery and the lipo's I intend to use.

Last edited by Vyger; 07-24-2009 at 06:16 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Vyer, thank you very for the pictures. great inspiration
Old 07-24-2009, 09:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Voyager 1: NICE! What rear body mounts are those? everyone has them and I can't find them Also does your buddies car have a personal transponder? I'd like to see him wire that up.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Vyger, so does this mean... your going to run in the near future?
Old 07-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

JayL; Thanks! The body mounts are from the newest F103 15th Anniversary kit. You can get the whole upper deck here: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54081 or you can get them separately here: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...uct-id=9485099 (there's no image but that's the replacement part number from the instruction manual.

Madcap; YES, that's what that means. I just have to finish up a body and I'm all set. I'll call the school master when I'm ready, I know there's a lesson you want to teach me. I hope it's not like the last time I had to stay after school...I'm still having nightmares twenty years later.

Last edited by Vyger; 07-24-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Madcap; YES, that's what that means. I just have to finish up a body and I'm all set. I'll call the school master when I'm ready, I know there's a lesson you want to teach me. I hope it's not like the last time I had to stay after school...I'm still having nightmares twenty years later.
yeah right, I'm no school master... that title belongs to DB. I'm the kid who is sitting in the corner after misbehaving.

let me know when the maiden voyage is set
Old 07-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Photos from a soon to be released article authored by David Jun on the F104 at http://www.tamiyausa.com/

Article to include set-ups, tips, tricks etc.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-f104-1.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-f104-2.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-f104-3.jpg  
Old 07-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

hi people i am about to buy my first f1 car and can't decide between the new hpi car and the f104 what do you think of both these cars thanks brett

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.