Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2909Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Just curious of what electrics to get. I just got a roller and we will be running 25.5 motors. Esc and servo? Sorry for the newb questions
Old 06-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kmas
Just curious of what electrics to get. I just got a roller and we will be running 25.5 motors. Esc and servo? Sorry for the newb questions
HOBBYWING xr10 justock works great and is very affordable.
For servos I would reccomend
Xpert pi-3431
Also affordable and extremely smooth. Huge upgrade over the savox 1251
Old 06-24-2016, 01:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AlexPate
HOBBYWING xr10 justock works great and is very affordable.
For servos I would reccomend
Xpert pi-3431
Also affordable and extremely smooth. Huge upgrade over the savox 1251
In my case the Savox 1252 is the most used.
How is the Xpert pi-3431 better?
It is more expensive from what I can see but the same speed.

I'd say the Savox 1252 is the best choice, cheap, great performance, fast & good availability on the spare gear sets/case sets.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thaan
In my case the Savox 1252 is the most used.
How is the Xpert pi-3431 better?
It is more expensive from what I can see but the same speed.

I'd say the Savox 1252 is the best choice, cheap, great performance, fast & good availability on the spare gear sets/case sets.
Savox is digital. Xpert is brushless.
The xpert servo is extremely smooth. When I upgraded from savox to xpert it was like a whole new connected feeling to the car. That being said I haven't tried savox bls servos. But imo the 1251 and 1252 suck.

Last edited by AlexPate; 06-24-2016 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

The xpert servo is extremely smooth. When I upgraded gel savox to xpert it was like a whole new connected feeling to the car. That being said I haven't tried savox bls servos. But imo the 1251 and 1252 suck.
Thx for info, I have a futaba 3pk, will this servo work with my radio? (Being that the servo is digital)
Old 06-24-2016, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kmas
Thx for info, I have a futaba 3pk, will this servo work with my radio? (Being that the servo is digital)
I believe digital servos will work on any receiver. But if you have a radio that does digital servos there may be some benefit to it.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

The xpert servo is extremely smooth. When I upgraded gel savox to xpert it was like a whole new connected feeling to the car. That being said I haven't tried savox bls servos. But imo the 1251 and 1252 suck.
I think you got it mixed up, (not that I'm an expert on the matter, so correct me if I'm wrong) a servo can be digital or analog, not digital vs brushless. Those two are not opposites.
A servo is also either brushless or coreless, but it being digital does not mean it's not brushless. It being analog or digital only refers to how the pulses are sent to the servo motor, where a digital servo is faster (more pulses).

Both the xpert servo (from what I gather, I don't know the brand) & the Savox servo's are digital.
A brushless servo wil last a bit longer, but you'll most likely replace way before it will ever fail anyway, so that's not really a point on which you'll want to grade a servo.

Honestly, as long as the servo has a speed somewhere faster than 0.09 or something, you most probably won't notice the difference. Don't forgot you have a ~0.5s perception processing time, there's simply a limit to how much use there is to a servo being faster as your hand/eye coördination is simply the limit.

A Savox 1252MG is about €52/$57 and with the speed it has there's, in my experience, not going to be more difference in a faster servo.

Btw, replacing a used servo with a brand new one will also feel different of course, the only real comparison would be with 2 brand new servo's You might have had the exact same feeling if you put in a brand new servo of any other brand.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I don't have any experience with the Xpert brand of servo's, but the Savox's I have (in my 1/12 scale and my TC6.1) are very good.

I definitely think you get what you pay for, and I would prefer a brushless when possible - but I am also cheap. Not frugal - cheap, and sometimes that bites me in the butt.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thaan
I think you got it mixed up, (not that I'm an expert on the matter, so correct me if I'm wrong) a servo can be digital or analog, not digital vs brushless. Those two are not opposites.
A servo is also either brushless or coreless, but it being digital does not mean it's not brushless. It being analog or digital only refers to how the pulses are sent to the servo motor, where a digital servo is faster (more pulses).

Both the xpert servo (from what I gather, I don't know the brand) & the Savox servo's are digital.
A brushless servo wil last a bit longer, but you'll most likely replace way before it will ever fail anyway, so that's not really a point on which you'll want to grade a servo.

Honestly, as long as the servo has a speed somewhere faster than 0.09 or something, you most probably won't notice the difference. Don't forgot you have a ~0.5s perception processing time, there's simply a limit to how much use there is to a servo being faster as your hand/eye coördination is simply the limit.

A Savox 1252MG is about €52/$57 and with the speed it has there's, in my experience, not going to be more difference in a faster servo.

Btw, replacing a used servo with a brand new one will also feel different of course, the only real comparison would be with 2 brand new servo's You might have had the exact same feeling if you put in a brand new servo of any other brand.
My apologies, I didn't mean to imply the xpert wasn't digital.
This is the way I see it. The xpert is a newer brushless servo. Extremely smooth. The savox 1251 1252 are more than 5 years old and coreless
The advances in technology have cause the servos to become smoother in operation. I'm sure the savox brushless servo is smoother as well but I would take the xpert over the savox any day of the week.
if you want to compare prices I think you would have to compare xpert 3431 and savox 2263

The savox being a couple bucks more
Old 06-24-2016, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply the xpert wasn't digital.
This is the way I see it. The xpert is a newer brushless servo. Extremely smooth. The savox 1251 1252 are more than 5 years old and coreless
The advances in technology have cause the servos to become smoother in operation. I'm sure the savox brushless servo is smoother as well but I would take the xpert over the savox any day of the week.
if you want to compare prices I think you would have to compare xpert 3431 and savox 2263

The savox being a couple bucks more
Wrong quote lol
Old 06-24-2016, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aracefan
I don't have any experience with the Xpert brand of servo's, but the Savox's I have (in my 1/12 scale and my TC6.1) are very good.

I definitely think you get what you pay for, and I would prefer a brushless when possible - but I am also cheap. Not frugal - cheap, and sometimes that bites me in the butt.
If you want cheap. Find the solar d770 servo. Very fast and very cheap
One of our local mod drivers loves them.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

If you want cheap. Find the solar d770 servo. Very fast and very cheap
One of our local mod drivers loves them.
I bought a brushless spektrum servo for my F1, can't remember the model# but it was like $135 and it's awesome compared to my two savox servo's. And honestly, I should have bought a better one spending that kind of money.

Actually, I can't even remember if it was a spektrum now or not. . . anyway, it was a brushless and it's fantastic. Quiet and smooth. My Savox servo's are ok, but they are not what I would call quiet.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have Savox, KO and Xpert. The Savox are my backup.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aracefan
I bought a brushless spektrum servo for my F1, can't remember the model# but it was like $135 and it's awesome compared to my two savox servo's. And honestly, I should have bought a better one spending that kind of money.

Actually, I can't even remember if it was a spektrum now or not. . . anyway, it was a brushless and it's fantastic. Quiet and smooth. My Savox servo's are ok, but they are not what I would call quiet.
Savox are most certainly not quite
Noise making little thing is what they are. Sanwa's are also great, but a tad more expensive.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well... the first ever held EFRA European Championship is in the book...

It was held at the luxurious Hudy facility.

Congratulation to all the drivers and to Xray to win the first title, but as Fenix owner can't be happier.

1 Fenix Mistral in the A-main
4 Fenix DFV21.5 motors were in the A main
1 Fenix Mistral in the B-main
1 Fenix DFV21.5 motors was in the B main

Last edited by Giorgio; 07-05-2016 at 11:22 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.