Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2910Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if photo is too big pls pm me and i will resize it. thanks for looking.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Ferrari 312 T3

rccartips
I like your 312 T3 and would like to know more about the way you did the pilot.
thanks
Old 01-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rccartips

cartips, if anyone pms you about those photo sizes, claiming they're too big. Please ignore on my behalf due to the fact that any vehicle with that much detail NEEDS to be show cased... Trust me when I say that work like that is much appreciated, and insipres all of us to achieve beautiful work like that! Keep on give'n us those photos.

Thanks,
Z.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Unbelievable...

O.K. guys,

I have a description of what I witnessed today @ my friend and I's track. He was on a test run with his HPI "DHL" Jordan EJ 12. I must confess that he was owning the track! Just rippin it a new one. I will add that even after the prep time I took to make our track golden, it still had a diamond effect gleaming off of it, which made my runs not so impressive. None the less, I can't stress it enough, he was shinning. Foregive me now for not having video footage of this spectacular feat that I saw. I usually do, so I'll be as descriptive as possible. So back to the shear amazement. The runs he was making were crushing. If I had to time his laps on this particular track, I'd have to conservatively guess he was burnin 11.9s with relative ease. That alone had me excited for him. He was really puttin it down. He even verbally selected different lines he wanted to try. Inside, outside, it didn't matter. Finally, he made his way down the straightaway. Turning left with a major push he reach the corner with massive speed. Making the final left, it was if I was watching a real F1 time trial on T.V. His left side front tire separated from it's wheel !!! Pure torque along with rpm's equaled the end. When this Jordan forcefully came to a stop, it was soooo life like and scale it was unbelievable. I couldn't believe it... So we ran over to inspect the damage, and the tire was in fact still rolling. So I scooped up his tire, while he lifted his car. Honestly I assumed that he did not tape the tire to the wheel, I couldn't be more wrong. He in fact ripped the foam from the tape. Acknowledging he did tape correctly (as if he wouldn't) it made it even more amazing to me.
Sorry for the length of this story, but it had to be told as I remember it mere hours ago. I'll finish this with a big WOW.

Thanks.
Awesome show Boss, I'm glad you're back in the saddle...
Old 01-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

hi Roland, I used the Tamiya pit crew as a mold and filled it up with paper mache (toilet paper mashed with white glue). Then later added strips of toilet paper to finish off to get a "clothing" appearance. then spray paint white.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rccartips

nice job love it the old skool!
bought one myself few weeks ago now i have input-
there are more rerelease bought the BMW BT50 to0 will post when readu
F1 rules
Old 02-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just saw this and ordered up.......

Billy Bowerman of Speedworld http://www.speedworldraceway.com/Track_Store_Hours.cfm

"Hello everyone, I am having F1 103 and 104 arbors made for MAX Mod truers and for the Hudy or any 8mm shaft. I am hoping that they will be done in about a month. These are some of the best arbors and truers ever made by Boyd himself (max mod). Boyd is personally making these for SpeedWorld so they are not cloned arbors......

NEW, Max Mod arbors for Max Mod truers are in stock NOW. $32.99

NEW, Max Mod arbors for Hudy or any truer with a thread shaft on the end of the motor 6mm are in stock. $32.99

NEW, 8MM WHEEL Adapter for front 104 in stock NOW. $9.99"

Hurry while they are still available
Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

I added a few more pieces to my Sauber F1.07.
Kubica now got a modern (HPI) helmet which looks better than the provided Tamiya helmet in the F104 kit.
I also added a camera and made a sticker for the BMW 2007 steering wheel.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks like HPI is coming out with new generation F1 bodies. Saw this on www.redrc.net. Hopefully they will all be licensed replicas.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

great looking body, but I can't look at a Renault logo without a little vomit working it's way up my throat. It's almost as bad as "Michelin".
Old 02-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

It does not have to be Renault.
It could work also with my Favorite team.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sauber F1
I added a few more pieces to my Sauber F1.07.
Kubica now got a modern (HPI) helmet which looks better than the provided Tamiya helmet in the F104 kit.
I also added a camera and made a sticker for the BMW 2007 steering wheel.

Gotta love the Petronas. That camera would look sick on my Black F60, where did you get it?
Old 02-07-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Just got back from the hobby shop and took a look at the new Tamiya 6 wheel f1. The body is clear lexan, no hard plastic display body. Chassis is basic f103 rear.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

zpmhinojosa

The camera came from the replacement bag for the 3Racing F109.
The part number is BDY-F109RK.
The bag not only has a camera for around $5.00, but also a modern helmet (and barge boards). A good price if you compare to the Chevron camera that cost you more than double.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but some silver can F1 hot shoe might know:

I am getting ready to wire up a 540-J motor in a HPI F10. I just have no idea what these motors like as far as FDR. The book suggests 4.41.

Track I will be running on is pretty open and flowing asphalt with a 160' straight. Does 4.4 sound close for my intended use on said track?

I don't mind testing pinions, but this car needs a 64p gear and I have all 48p!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.