Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2898Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Rtype, were you running them to turn the fastest lap at the Speedtech Grand Club Race too?
Hi Cuda, yes I was running TCS tires at the Speedtech race and did some tire testing earlier today. The track was fantastic and traction was awesome, almost epic.

Speaking of tire testing...let's go beat on the twitching, nearly dead horse for a bit. I really don't have any skins in this game because I run F1 for fun and like to share whatever cool things we find.

Despite snide comments and remarks, I'm actually pretty cool with information that is accurate and stand by my belief that the tires are of the same compound. Contrary to being told that I "argue about nothing and for no reason", I really don't have time for that. I was simply sharing my experience and insight with the issue being discussed.

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Take a brand new set of both and run them for 10 min and you will see that the 571 show a very strange wear pattern where as the TCS look more like a normal scrubbed in tire.

PIT/TCS rear tire testing:
85* ambient temperature
75% humidity
112* track temp
unprepped asphalt

Each tire was coated with SWEEP tire conditioner at the same time and left uncovered all night.
Each set was run hard for exactly 10 minutes on fresh packs
PIT 0572

Tamiya TCS

Just like i stated in the beginning of this whole thing the tires are different, the PIT's have this strange wavy texture to them that was not there in the beginning and the center stripe is still there. The TCS tires have a slightly grainy texture and the stripe is almost gone indicating that they are in fact softer than the hard 572. So in conclusion I think it is safe to say that the compounds are NOT the same. I rest my case
Sorry but they are not the same, TCS do not and will not wave like that( you probably had 572's on when you saw the wave). If you can make them do it lets see a pic! If it was track conditions then why were they different today? I just proved that under identical situations and at the same time they are different, just as i said from the beginning You dont even make sense to be honest, if it depended on track conditions and driven at the same time then what happened today?
Just because your sisters, uncles best friend that works at Tamiya say so means nothing!! Maybe PIT pulled a fast one on Tamiya I have shown you proof that they are not and you have only attempted to argue by keyboard with ZERO proof except hearsay!! Post some pics, show some proof! By all means prove me wrong. I have gone out of my way and conducted what i believe is about as accurate as i can do with out and actual material sample that they are not the same. If you choose not to believe than so be it but if so you are simply blind or your computer screen needs cleaning
As I said before, you're close. I have family and friends that work at Tamiya in the US and Japan, including the person who worked on getting us these terrific, TCS legal tires. I'll take their word as fact and as close to the truth as possible.

Rtype just likes to argue about nothing and for no reason
I simply provided a correction.

Dont hate on me because you didnt notice the difference in the first place, thats a you problem not a we problem

The fastest lap and track record here at our last UF1 race was set on pits so whats your point exactly???

I never said the TCS were bad I just said they were different, clear off the fog on your reading glasses and get your facts straight!

I can go on, but if you'd like to take this discussion offline and in PM, I'm fine with that.

Pictures speak a thousand words...

New TCS tires

After a scrub in run

Another set scrubbed in

Wavy texture

In the end we're all winners since the folks at Tamiya took the time to work with Pit to get us an awesome TCS tire.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tire1.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tire2.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tire3.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tire4.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tire5.jpg  

Old 05-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi All, Some new 104 updates are in;
How bout some stuff for the SP-1 Would love to see the rim with a 0 off-set for the SP-1 and people running a more narrow width. Plus I'm sure there's some cool stuff Exotek can make for the SP-1 as well
Old 05-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This may be piling on but here's some new TCS tires from today........

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-F...518_160007.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2...518_160021.jpg
Old 05-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Are there any offset rims for the F104, like the Exotek ones, but for the Tamiya foam donuts? Or is it possible to glue the donuts on the Exotek offset wheels? I would love to have my car a little wider.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

No. You will need the R Sector wide conversion kit.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you
Old 05-19-2013, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Talking

Gee wiz, I'd like to thank Tamiya USA and the track crew for working so hard to provide us with this five star race facility. You guys have done it again. The track is totally and awesome. The traction is the best its ever been. Brian, Fred and to the of rest the Tamiya family you guys are the shit. Period! Oops! Sorry kids I meant the s*@%.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Maybe put Pit tires on left side, TCS tires on right side, run the car and see if they are same or different?
Old 05-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default kyosho plazma

Here is the new kyosho plazma kit. It was late and i grabbed the wrong red can of paint so i just couldnt put the ferrari decals on, so i went with a kyosho livery, until i purchase another body set. I converted the front end to fit the f104 front, im pretty impressed with how this car handles, have not run it with the 200mm front yet.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-italy-2013-other-pics-202.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-italy-2013-other-pics-205.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-italy-2013-other-pics-207.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-italy-2013-other-pics-210.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-italy-2013-other-pics-209.jpg  

Old 05-19-2013, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wtcc
Are there any offset rims for the F104, like the Exotek ones, but for the Tamiya foam donuts? Or is it possible to glue the donuts on the Exotek offset wheels? I would love to have my car a little wider.
You could also grind the lip off the Exotek wheel and like magic it's now a Foam wheel
Old 05-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Is that possible? Is the outside diameter of foam and shimizu rubber wheels the same?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wtcc
Is that possible? Is the outside diameter of foam and shimizu rubber wheels the same?
They should fit since Shimzu´s are designed for tamiya foam wheels.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

I've got a set mounted on one of my chassis now. Just don't go crazy and take too much off
Old 05-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi All, Some new 104 updates are in;

http://www.exotekracing.com/latest-products/

Hi,

Just curious, I have the Tamiya f60 standard kit right. If i was to buy this exotek upgrade kit would i just be able to swap over the parts i have on that to this. The reason i ask is of the floating rear of the car as compared to the standard flat deck.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eff one
Here is the new kyosho plazma kit. It was late and i grabbed the wrong red can of paint so i just couldnt put the ferrari decals on, so i went with a kyosho livery, until i purchase another body set. I converted the front end to fit the f104 front, im pretty impressed with how this car handles, have not run it with the 200mm front yet.
Andrew,
Looks like you are having fun with it, I have the F2012 bodies in stock, so let me know when you are ready. Working on the schedule for the next series now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.