Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2899Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RonF
Check out the pics at Tamiya USA on the TCS this past weekend. Some nice F1's were racing! I liked the ING F104 with the ribbed foams, stripe etc. Very nice.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/race.php?tcs_race-id=92
Thanks, that one was mine!

My first time competing at the TCS Nats, what a thrill just to go up against some real talent such as BP Shadow, Vyger, and more that I don't know thier names. I can't wait for next year to do it all over again.

BP, that Ferrari was stunning.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Your welcome.
I too noticed BP's dark red Ferrari as well as Vgers yellow Benson Hedges car.

I did notice the picture of one with detailed brakes, stickers on the tires etc. Whos was that?

How did the F104s fair generally? I dont see a breakdown of the competitors and thier chassis.....
Old 09-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by veecee
Here are some pics of my F104 in 90s McLaren colours...
Hey Veecee in one word…SCHWEEEET! I’m a huge fan of the of the 90’s cars and a GIANT fan of Mclaren and Williams of that era. I really and truly like what you’ve done with it. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!
Vyg
Old 09-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Mr. Web, that is one AWESOME job you did with the ING car. Congrats for a very deserving best of show win. That car had everything going for it. Beautiful paint work, well thought out details, and very clean paint lines. I love the details you put on the body using the different textures of paint, seat belts, helmet, grooved tires with sidewall markings, front shock links, color matched wings, and zero body mount hardware showing. INCREDIBLE!

You need to post up some pics on here so everyone can take a look at that BEAUTIFUL car. Congrats again.
Vyg
Old 09-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
Hey Veecee in one word…SCHWEEEET! I’m a huge fan of the of the 90’s cars and a GIANT fan of Mclaren and Williams of that era. I really and truly like what you’ve done with it. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!
Vyg
Hey Vyger. Thanks for the kind words man. Having seen some of your great work, it means a lot! Yeh I'm a huge fan of the 90s cars too. I have fond memories growing up and watching F1 from the mid-80s. It's amazing how nice the 90s paint schemes come up on the 08 bodies.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Who's F1 is that the orange body with HooootBodieeeees decals!!!

I got to put him on the team!!! LoL
Old 09-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Who's F1 is that the orange body with HooootBodieeeees decals!!!

I got to put him on the team!!! LoL
Haha that was Ling
Old 09-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vyger
Mr. Web, that is one AWESOME job you did with the ING car. Congrats for a very deserving best of show win. That car had everything going for it. Beautiful paint work, well thought out details, and very clean paint lines. I love the details you put on the body using the different textures of paint, seat belts, helmet, grooved tires with sidewall markings, front shock links, color matched wings, and zero body mount hardware showing. INCREDIBLE!

You need to post up some pics on here so everyone can take a look at that BEAUTIFUL car. Congrats again.
Vyg
Thanks, means alot coming from someone with your talent. I'm just happy to see that someone else appreciates "the details" of a car as much as I do. I'll post some pics when I can get ahold of a decent camera... maybe this weekend. Thanks again!

I didn't know that was your Benson Hedges car. Great job on that one, it's a real eye catching scheme! Let's see some pics of that.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RonF
Your welcome.
I too noticed BP's dark red Ferrari as well as Vgers yellow Benson Hedges car.

I did notice the picture of one with detailed brakes, stickers on the tires etc. Whos was that?

How did the F104s fair generally? I dont see a breakdown of the competitors and thier chassis.....
The Martini car was Marty Hageman (414MPH), I think he has like 5 National concourse wins in the history of the series not to mention numerous regional wins as well
Old 09-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by killingtime
Thanks, that one was mine!

My first time competing at the TCS Nats, what a thrill just to go up against some real talent such as BP Shadow, Vyger, and more that I don't know thier names. I can't wait for next year to do it all over again.

BP, that Ferrari was stunning.
Thanks, but you earned that win fair and square, I dont like losing, but when I get beat by something really good, it makes me up my game , so Thank You and congrats!!!! I am coming for you Ricky Booby!!!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

By the way, I just picked up my shipment of 104 bodies from my LHS today, 3 came in and 1 is already spoken for, so I have 2 up for grabs and 1 Chevron that is not taken yet. If anyone is interested. I also have the Red Bull and Toro Rosso sheets on their way from Japan as well
Old 09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I am coming for you Ricky Booby!!!!!
ROFLMAO....Well all I can say to that is to quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

...and I'll see you on the grid next year
Old 09-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by killingtime
ROFLMAO....Well all I can say to that is to quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

...and I'll see you on the grid next year
You can count on it, and it wont be on someone elses car next time. I have already started the planning phase, that means I will still be working on it the night before the race
Old 09-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hi, my track is starting a F1 class and im interested in getting in it, what would be the better of the 2, the new HPI F10 or the F103, thank ahead of time for any input you may have.
Thanks
Daniel
P.S. the track is setup in a parking lot preped with sugar water
Old 09-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

Glamor shots from last weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.