Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Thanks for the pics Vyger, it gives me something to look forward too as these aren't in the shop I buy from yet. I'll be very interested to hear how it handles
Old 06-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dan
I wonder how the F104X1 compares to the V2 on rubber tires.
FMW raced the new VII at the opening round of the TQ Summer series today
Indoor carpet, Same Shimizu rubber tires we all run, 180mm

It was right on pace, virtually out of the box
Super easy to drive, and very accurate, are the words best used to describe the VII

The new X feels like it has a better balance overall

The pictures of this car don't do it justice
Shorty pack, with electrics installed look very cool, so minimalistic compared to the X1
Old 06-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

@Vyger

Thx for the pics. Keep them coming. Any thoughts on how the cars will be with the side springs not on top of the back link pivot ball? Seems like all the other link cars have it on top of that ball.

Sorry to hear you got food poisoning on your birthday.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

@RedBullFiXX

Can ya ask Fred why Canada always seems to get new Tamiya kits before the rest of the world? Even before the announced release dates.

No big deal just curious.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
@Vyger

Thx for the pics. Keep them coming. Any thoughts on how the cars will be with the side springs not on top of the back link pivot ball? Seems like all the other link cars have it on top of that ball.

Sorry to hear you got food poisoning on your birthday.
There is about a 50/50 split in pan cars that have the spring on the link, and not on the link
imho, not having the spring on the link will allow the link to float better, with less binding

On the Canada thing
I've no idea, maybe the good folks at Tamiya J-Land-HQ are just Huge fans of Canadian Singer Shania Twain

It's like she stares right into your soul

Old 06-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
There is about a 50/50 split in pan cars that have the spring on the link, and not on the link
imho, not having the spring on the link will allow the link to float better, with less binding

On the Canada thing
I've no idea, maybe the good folks at Tamiya J-Land-HQ are just Huge fans of Canadian Singer Shania Twain

It's like she stares right into your soul

Thanks for the link explanation Dave.

Oh and thanks for your incredible insight on the connection between Tamiya and Shania Twain. She might stare right into your soul, but you're staring at something else.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
lolz.... but sad none the less....
I would do the HRT if I thought someone would buy them, but for the amount of work it takes to put a sheet together, I can't justify spending it on that car. Especially when I have requests for so many other vintage sheets. I would love to say that I have all 12 teams available for sale, but I just don't know
Old 06-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrLesac
Hey guys, I am looking for the BMW Williams decal set like the Tamiya F201s had. Does anyone know of any place I would be able to get a hold of a set or two of these? Ive checked around most of the sites on here, but haven't found what ive been looking for.
Thanks

EDIT
I see above that BP is working on a set now....
I'm actually not working specifically on that one, but I did generate the artwork for the stripes, and I still have a couple of the original decal sheets that I can take measurements from. I will have them in due time though
Old 06-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I'm actually not working specifically on that one, but I did generate the artwork for the stripes, and I still have a couple of the original decal sheets that I can take measurements from. I will have them in due time though
I would love to get my hands on 2 of the original sheets or even better if you end up making new ones.
Thanks!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

hey guys - if anyone is interested in a not-yet-completed-semi-built 3Racing FGX, shoot me a PM..

was going to work on this, but got too good of a deal on another F104 and rather dump $$ into that

thanks!!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I would do the HRT if I thought someone would buy them, but for the amount of work it takes to put a sheet together, I can't justify spending it on that car. Especially when I have requests for so many other vintage sheets. I would love to say that I have all 12 teams available for sale, but I just don't know
I totally understand. The demand for HRT sheets would undoubtedly be low.
It would just be awesome to see a grid with one of each livery from this season......
Old 06-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK, I did some work on the car last night. Unfortunately the pics I took came out way CR@PY.

I mounted the upper deck which is a pretty sweet set up. Two 3mm hex head screws secure the keyed upper deck into place. Both screws will have to be loosened to switch batteries between runs.

I used a standard TRF damper in place of the kit supplied pitch damper. The reason, I just don't have enough experience with them. After I assembled it...it just didn't feel right. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, so I went with the tried and true TRF damper...for the time being. Note: If you elect to use the TRF damper pay attention to the directions, the aluminum mount, on top of the upper deck, has to be mounted reversed to accept this damper.

I also assembled and mounted the kit supplied roll damper. This is a pretty sweet little set up. Note: the instructions tell you to dry fit the cap onto the body...I strongly suggest this. The threads are very fine and will easily cross thread and strip. The 2mm e-clips are also a challenge for large fingers. They secure the two hole piston on the shaft. Note: I would use a small .1 or .2 mm shim between the e-clip and piston. This will eliminate the small amount of slop felt in the shock shaft after assembly. Also, slowly tighten the cap and constantly check the O-ring to ensure it stays in place. I used the kit supplied oil (color -clear and thicker than 100wt). Once assembled and mounted the feel is really nice, very smooth and consistent.

At the rear of the car I added the new RM01/F104Vir2 carbon bulk head plate (item 54375). Another nice little part. The hop-up option included two threaded spacers that the rear wing will attach to. The carbon peace just look nice with the aluminum rear motor mount.

I started assembling the front end which is basically the same as the regular F104. I don’t see any differences at the front of the car.

Here is a list of additional parts, Hop-up option, that can be added to the car.

54160 F104 Titanium Coated Kingpin Set
54162 Carbon Rear Shaft
54351 RM-01 Carbon Damper Mount Plate Set
54352 RM-01 Roll Spring Set
54356 RM-01 Aluminum Motor Mount
54357 Adjustable metal Upright
54359 RM-01 Pitch Spring Set
54375 RM-01 Carbon Rear bulkhead Plate
54162 Carbon Rear Shaft
54203 RC F104 Alum Servo Mount L/R

That’s all for now. Again I’m very sorry the pics didn’t turn out. I’ll try to get some new ones taken and re-update.

Last edited by Vyger; 06-05-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Vyger
OK, I did some work on the car last night.

Here is a list of additional parts, Hop-up option, that can be added to the car.

54160 F104 Titanium Coated Kingpin Set
54162 Carbon Rear Shaft
54351 RM-01 Carbon Damper Mount Plate Set
54352 RM-01 Roll Spring Set
54356 RM-01 Aluminum Motor Mount
54357 Adjustable metal Upright
54359 RM-01 Pitch Spring Set
54375 RM-01 Carbon Rear bulkhead Plate
54162 Carbon Rear Shaft
54203 RC F104 Alum Servo Mount L/R

That’s all for now. Again I’m very sorry the pics didn’t turn out. I’ll try to get some new ones taken and re-update.
2 54162 Carbon Rear Shafts ?

Nice new Shelf Queen you got there
Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Nice new Shelf Queen you got there
HEEEYYYYYY! I thought we were friends?

Actually, I just ordered a receiver today, a short cable for the motor, and more wire. I've got two 21.5's and two shorty lipos. I dusted off my Magnum FM and I'm almost ready. OOOOHHH the damage I can do.

I've been inspired by a mutual friend that keeps telling me about all the fun he's having with the UF1 series. So, I thought I'd give it a try...there's a rookie class right? Teach me the ways Obi-wan....your my only hope
Old 06-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
Teach me the ways Obi-wan....your my only hope
Where's Infinite with a Yoda blurb?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.