Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
This my first non-silver can F1. The thing came off at 120* after two runs. I ballparked a rollout based on Lightfoot's gearing from the UF1 21.5 results. I thought the silver can was fun, this was way beyond.
My last few race days in the UF1 Open class with my F103 were with a 10.5 on foams and 100% traction.
Imagine how that went.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
My last few race days in the Open class with my F103 were with a 10.5 on foams and 100% traction.
Imagine how that went.
I can only imagine. I think your face must still hurt from the smiling.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I can only imagine. I think your face must still hurt from the smiling.
I almost felt bad cuz it seemed to be an unfair advantage but it was, afterall, Open Class.

My 104 is gettin really close to being a full blown race car now too.
Thing was strapped yesterday.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Stupid thread is doing it again...
Old 11-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

I personally could care less if F1 is slower than 1/12 or WGT or whatever. F1 is it's own unique class; and it's main appeal has always been and should continue to be, SCALE REALISM. It is not to be compared with any other class of car.

I would hate to see those who are obsessed with all-out performance hijack the F1 class and ruin it the way 1/10 touring has been ruined. We already have those who promote the "shaved to the rim" foam tires on an F1 car, as well as "cheater" cars like the current Corally F1 car, which is nothing more than a pan car with an F1 body on it. Maybe those who are obsessed with that sort of thing out to start their own class and leave mainstream F1 alone.

I know that I'm going to be "flamed" for my comments, but I feel very strongly about this. All too often, the "performance obsessed" have hijacked various on-road classes and have directly contributed to it's decline as on-road has become overly expensive and complex for the average rc racer; and as a result, many have defected to off-road racing. F1 is my all-time favorite form of racing, and I don't want to see that happen with it!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice post Team Lotus.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rccartips
Nice post Team Lotus.
+1

Guys at our track seem to think since real F1 cars are so fast the R/C F1 cars need to be the fastest thing on the track also. After today i think they figured out its all about scale looks and ultra tight racing.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I personally could care less if F1 is slower than 1/12 or WGT or whatever. F1 is it's own unique class; and it's main appeal has always been and should continue to be, SCALE REALISM. It is not to be compared with any other class of car.

I would hate to see those who are obsessed with all-out performance hijack the F1 class and ruin it the way 1/10 touring has been ruined. We already have those who promote the "shaved to the rim" foam tires on an F1 car, as well as "cheater" cars like the current Corally F1 car, which is nothing more than a pan car with an F1 body on it. Maybe those who are obsessed with that sort of thing out to start their own class and leave mainstream F1 alone.

I know that I'm going to be "flamed" for my comments, but I feel very strongly about this. All too often, the "performance obsessed" have hijacked various on-road classes and have directly contributed to it's decline as on-road has become overly expensive and complex for the average rc racer; and as a result, many have defected to off-road racing. F1 is my all-time favorite form of racing, and I don't want to see that happen with it!
+1
Old 11-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree with Team Lotus, at the same time do not hold the cars back with a slow motor rule.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I understand what you want to say,but I dont think you understand how fast a "scale F1 RC" can be. They dont not need to be out of scale to be extreamly fast. They just need to be set up for it,They do not need to be butchered up to go fast and handle well. F1 speed is not limited by design but by rules.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any word on the Tamiya race this weekend? Pics, video, anything?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Have to agree, let the 180mm Modern Realistic class frenzy keep growing.

If 200mm guys show up with enough to run a class then that's cool too or if the track is even mellow enough to let em all run together for fun, great.

I wouldn't even mind watchin a class of Corallys run but we all know these are 3 different levels of F1 racing and can't run fairly together for the same podium.

As far as the Tamiya race this weekend, it was a blast!

22 F1s, traction was up and racing was TIGHT!

Thanks to Tamiya and Speedtech RC!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thank you, I couldn't agree more
Old 11-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Had our first F1 race locally and it was a blast. Only 3 cars though but there are several more people that are buying them after yesterday.

I do have a question as I need some gearing options. I do have several pinions that came with my F1 when I bought it used. But I'm not 100% sure if they are the Tamiya 04 mod or 64 pitch. Are they close enough that you can use them together?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Odin544
Had our first F1 race locally and it was a blast. Only 3 cars though but there are several more people that are buying them after yesterday.

I do have a question as I need some gearing options. I do have several pinions that came with my F1 when I bought it used. But I'm not 100% sure if they are the Tamiya 04 mod or 64 pitch. Are they close enough that you can use them together?
I run them together with no issues at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.