Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2910Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fat500
At our local track we have all gone through multiple chassis, x-ray ,CRC ,tamiya 102 and 103 ,infinity exotek and Roche. It basically all boils down to your driving ability we are all very close driving for example we go on practice day we all turn to the cars to the best of our ability discussing with each other to perfect our setups and we all run about 16 .7 -16 .8 lap times. Yes we are all that close. We have also done direct comparisons with the Roche versus infinity versus Tamiya versus exotek etc. Now I am a super die hard tamiya fan just look at my avatar. Below you will see pictures of my two cars a a TRF 103 and a Roche EVO2 their newest chassis. Both of these cars are running exactly the same lap times. I test them back to back. what I have found what we have all found basically is that all the chassis are virtually identical one is not faster than the other it all boils down to how you set the car up Make sure you set it up to your driving style Don't copy someone else's setup cuz they drive different from you. The TRF 103 is an excellent car and I have one many many races with it defeating all the cars listed above it all boils down to driving and how you carry corner speed in F1. I say pick the car you like the most if a TCS is coming go with the TRF 103 you will not be disappointed. Now I also have the Roche EVO2 .a friend got one and I was very very impressed with it I have had my hands on every single F1 car in existence and this Roche EVO2 is of the finest quality is extremely easy to tune and is now my go-to car. The only reason I prefer the Roche is because it is easier to make the adjustments they really put a lot of thought into this car. A friend of mine runs the new exotek and the Roche EVO 2 and he is usually faster with the Roche, but we all agree he needs more time to figure out the setup. so basically get what you like focus on setting up the car to yourself changing one thing at a time set it up to yourself Don't follow anyone else's setup sheet and you can be super successful. Best of luck....... Oh and the most important part of F1 is .....it's Awesome.....
how did you mount your steering servo like that? never mind on this.
tires? what brand are they?

Last edited by WALEX; 10-22-2020 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

fat500 How did you mount the fan on your TRF103?
Old 10-22-2020, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Made the fan mount myself ......Also made a wing to chassis mount from the xray set and it works like factory......Their are detailed Pics of both in the trf103 thread just go way back to last year.....
Tires are Gravity F1. Our spec tire......work well on outdoor asphalt .... I painted them silver aluminum with a tamiya paint marker
Old 10-22-2020, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Made the fan mount myself ......Also made a wing to chassis mount from the xray set and it works like factory......Their are detailed Pics of both in the trf103 thread just go way back to last year.....
Tires are Gravity F1. Our spec tire......work well on outdoor asphalt .... I painted them silver aluminum with a tamiya paint marker
Ah, thanks. I was hoping it is TCS legal.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

for TCS you can use the exotek fan mount that wraps around the can and you use 3mm blue aluminum spacers to extend it so the fan hangs beheind the rear axle. I ran this before the permanent mount and it worked great
Old 10-23-2020, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

for TCS you can use the exotek fan mount that wraps around the can and you use 3mm blue aluminum spacers to extend it so the fan hangs beheind the rear axle. I ran this before the permanent mount and it worked great
Doh! Why didn't I think of that. I've been running the fan on the left side but it keeps rotating. Thanks,
Old 10-26-2020, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Question:
Last thursday my car was running very well (not on pace with fastest driver, but better than average). It started well on Friday, but by the middle of the evening the rear end was starting to hop badly. Is this a result of dampening?
Old 10-26-2020, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

what surface? if asphalt ,grip tends to come up as the temp changes. Didyou clean the tires after each run? maybe add 2mm of shims to the rear axle. 1mm each side will calm the car down.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

At our local track we have all gone through multiple chassis, x-ray ,CRC ,tamiya 102 and 103 ,infinity exotek and Roche. It basically all boils down to your driving ability we are all very close driving for example we go on practice day we all turn to the cars to the best of our ability discussing with each other to perfect our setups and we all run about 16 .7 -16 .8 lap times. Yes we are all that close. We have also done direct comparisons with the Roche versus infinity versus Tamiya versus exotek etc. Now I am a super die hard tamiya fan just look at my avatar. Below you will see pictures of my two cars a a TRF 103 and a Roche EVO2 their newest chassis. Both of these cars are running exactly the same lap times. I test them back to back. what I have found what we have all found basically is that all the chassis are virtually identical one is not faster than the other it all boils down to how you set the car up Make sure you set it up to your driving style Don't copy someone else's setup cuz they drive different from you. The TRF 103 is an excellent car and I have one many many races with it defeating all the cars listed above it all boils down to driving and how you carry corner speed in F1. I say pick the car you like the most if a TCS is coming go with the TRF 103 you will not be disappointed. Now I also have the Roche EVO2 .a friend got one and I was very very impressed with it I have had my hands on every single F1 car in existence and this Roche EVO2 is of the finest quality is extremely easy to tune and is now my go-to car. The only reason I prefer the Roche is because it is easier to make the adjustments they really put a lot of thought into this car. A friend of mine runs the new exotek and the Roche EVO 2 and he is usually faster with the Roche, but we all agree he needs more time to figure out the setup. so basically get what you like focus on setting up the car to yourself changing one thing at a time set it up to yourself Don't follow anyone else's setup sheet and you can be super successful. Best of luck....... Oh and the most important part of F1 is .....it's Awesome.....
this is awesome to hear as i have been looking into F-1 and looking at the Roche Evo2. I looked at Xray and the TRF103 but for the price of the Evo2. If it is easily tunable as well, it might be a done deal and just order it up.
hanulec likes this.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Roche is easily a match for TRF, x-ray, CRC and serpent. X-ray and Roche are very similar in layout/ tuning.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dman18t
Roche is easily a match for TRF, x-ray, CRC and serpent. X-ray and Roche are very similar in layout/ tuning.
I'm curious, why is Exotek F1Ultra not in the conversation?
Old 10-27-2020, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Red141
I'm curious, why is Exotek F1Ultra not in the conversation?
Its a brand new car that has come out during the pandemic, with less races than normal during this time of year, only a few guys have actually run this car.

Compared to other years, I’ve only done 6 F1 races this year than the 20 I did last year
Old 10-27-2020, 08:49 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Yep, it did win the ROAR carpet nats but the turnout was small with no real other heavy hitters at the race. We all know John can drive the wheels off anything.

With limited racing, I do not want to spend $400 just to test unfortunately but seems to be doing well based on other feedback. I'll wait on the sidelines and see how it does in more races or if I get a chance to run against one. For now, I am happy with my CRC, and the Roche Evo2 looks good too. Keeping my eyes peeled for the Schumacher F1 and maybe an Awesomatix F1 down the road (2022??)
Old 10-27-2020, 09:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dan
Yep, it did win the ROAR carpet nats but the turnout was small with no real other heavy hitters at the race. We all know John can drive the wheels off anything.

With limited racing, I do not want to spend $400 just to test unfortunately but seems to be doing well based on other feedback. I'll wait on the sidelines and see how it does in more races or if I get a chance to run against one. For now, I am happy with my CRC, and the Roche Evo2 looks good too. Keeping my eyes peeled for the Schumacher F1 and maybe an Awesomatix F1 down the road (2022??)
I would be interested in seeing those as well. I joke about what i will run since i run TLR For off-road and i feel like i can’t run a company that makes both 2wd buggy AND f1. Haha my current top picks for jumping into F1 are the Xray and the Roche. I have old school live for Tamiya but their cost is to much for the TRF line
Old 10-28-2020, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FXDXT916
I would be interested in seeing those as well. I joke about what i will run since i run TLR For off-road and i feel like i can’t run a company that makes both 2wd buggy AND f1. Haha my current top picks for jumping into F1 are the Xray and the Roche. I have old school live for Tamiya but their cost is to much for the TRF line
I feel the same way about Tamiya - see my sig. I have a TRF103 that I will keep and race at TCS events. I bought an F1Ultra this year and comparing both at my local high-grip, black-carpet track, I am 0.8 sec/lap faster with the F1Ultra and I am still learning how to set it up.

Edit: My TRF103 is TCS legal so it has no non-Tamiya hop-ups. I understand it can be made even faster with the Exotek IFS and a gear diff. I have the Xray gear diff on my F1Ultra.

Last edited by Red141; 10-28-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.