Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-02

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

steve... what time you closing on the 24th? id like to swing by and pick up some hopups for my TB-02. (alum. motor mount, carbon stiff thingy and other misc. items.) i wont be long, just grab and pay since i have xmas eve dinner to attend. lmk! thanks dude!
Old 12-23-2003, 07:50 AM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by skiptomylou6
Hey Izzy or Hebiki... Can i please get a test drive at the next race i see you guys at?? I'm thinking of getting one of these to replace the 04R
skiptomylou PM me i have a TB-02 to sell you. you just need to replace the missing parts.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by skiptomylou6
Hey Izzy or Hebiki... Can i please get a test drive at the next race i see you guys at?? I'm thinking of getting one of these to replace the 04R
I'm sure Hebiki won't mind!
Old 12-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hebiki,

I'll be there regular hours on the 24th (until 6PM) See you then!

Steve Wang
Old 12-23-2003, 09:44 AM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hebiki,

I'll be there regular hours on the 24th (until 6PM) See you then!

Steve Wang
cool. thanks steve!

Originally posted by izzyracer
I'm sure Hebiki won't mind!
ya skip.. you can drive my car since izzy wont let you drive his! hahahha just remember which car to BUMP when your on the track.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok guys, I have a point of contension here. I know someone did this with a 414 at a regional and it was allowed, and now I see people doing it to Evo's and TB-02's. Does the header card for the TA-04SS Rear arms list those chassis as acceptable platforms to use those arms on? To the best of my knowledge, the ways the rules are written those arms are to be used on the 04..and that's it. If the header says for the TA-04, then it shouldn't be legal for use on the other cars. If it has the others listed (and the TB-02 I doubt just because it's so new), this is a moot point. Anyone?
Old 12-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

BTW, this is off Tower:

COMMENTS: Will work only for the Tamiya TA-04 SS kits

Old 12-24-2003, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default TB02-SS

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
BTW, this is off Tower:

COMMENTS: Will work only for the Tamiya TA-04 SS kits

I did it, I have driven it and I have approval for it from the higher up at Tamiya America!

It is considered as a tuning option. Since the TB02, Surikarn, EVO 3 all uses TA04/414 Suspensions, there is no reason not to allow it.
If it had uses it's own parts...say like the EVO 2 or TB01 then that is a different story.

Official rule:
All parts that are intended for the EVO III may be used for the TB-02 as option hop ops with the exception of the upper and lower carbon plate decks and the aluminum EVO III motor mount.

Since the TA04 arms are officially EVO 3 parts therefore The TA04 ARMS SS is legal.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:21 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The best thing for the TB-02 you can't use which would be the EVO3 motor mount (if it would fit). I just don't know what Tamiya is thinking sometimes. The TB-02 is a nice looking car but they still use a fixed motor type mount and it cuts you gearing choices down.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by wyd
The best thing for the TB-02 you can't use which would be the EVO3 motor mount (if it would fit). I just don't know what Tamiya is thinking sometimes. The TB-02 is a nice looking car but they still use a fixed motor type mount and it cuts you gearing choices down.
i have a dremel that would change that.. but it would make it TCS illegal. i figure that they want the fixed gear ratios to even the playing field. rtypec said that at the japanese TCS world finals.. they ran a fixed gear ratio. so im guessing Tamiya is following this ideology. but thats just my .02 cents worth...

and why is it "a penny for your thoughts.." but then you have to put in your 2 cents worth? makes you go hmmmmmm?
Old 12-24-2003, 11:57 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

That might explain the fixed gear motor mount then. Too bad as I really thinking of a new car and this hits most of the stuff I wanted in a new Tamiya car. I want a car that could run in a bunch of classes and this would do it for me. My 03R does kick a$$ but I do give up some speed. I have always been in the top 6 in GT2 but it is very hard. 2 of the last 3 TCS races I could have one. The one I led most of the race but the guy in 2nd would just hack me out of the lead and never could pass me clean. He could only take me out. This last race I was in 2nd and actually was 1/2 way beside him going across the finish line. I could have possibly one if I want to hack him but I don't like that plus he is a buddy and always runs me cleanly. He said after the races he couldn't hold me off anymore, he said one more lap and I would of had him.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:26 PM
Tech Lord

Default Tamiya Crew

thats the great thing about living in socal and being so close to the Tamiya track. during TCS, the announcers, whether its Fred, or Charlie and especially Scotty do an awesome job of calling out who the leader is...and they'll call you out if you dont move. Hacking is hardly an issue because of these announcers. if you ever get a chance... join a race that has Scotty Ernst announcing. if he spots you battling with someone (cleanly) he'll call it and it makes it so much more exciting and gets your nerves really going.
Old 12-24-2003, 01:31 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I hear great things about the Tamiya America track and the TCS racing out your way. You are very lucky to such a nice facility that close to you.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:25 PM
Tech Champion

there is no reason not to allow it.
I'll argue that point:

5. Any Tamiya Hop-Up Option and spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for.

Furthermore:

17. If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, that exploitation will be deemed illegal.

Yes, these chassis use the same A-Arms, but if the header does not list these other chassis, this should be illegal! I remember a time when someone tried using a Tamiya heatsink on a car and he was questioned about the legality because the guys in tech did not think the particular chassis was listed as an "appropriate" or Legal chassis. I'm sorry guys, but IMHO, these arms should only be legal on the 04. Besides, with the 414 and the Evo 3, can't you shim the arms forward to accomplish the same thing as with the SS arms? By the same example, the custom "M04M" chassis that guys were coming up with should have been legal because the parts were available to do this and it fit, correct? But that car was deemed illegal until there is now an Official M04M. Unless the header states the Evo, 414, and TB-02, the way the rules are written they shouldn't be allowed.
Old 12-25-2003, 12:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think all that matter is the header card then right? I'm sure on the next batch of header cards Tamiya prints for those SS arms, they'll include the TB-02 chassis on there, then...problem solved, everything will be legal and by the book right?

Steve Wang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.