Search

eZRUN brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
The Nitro is too big mate

These Ezyrun are fine in a touring car, 2wd buggy even a 4wd buggy at a pinch but will burn up in a 1:8 conversion, monster truck, even a Traxxas Slash is too big for it to haul around for longer than 4-5 minutes
Yes i have found the same......But if you run a dual motor setup it will be better
Old 11-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just wanting to know, has anyone tried the ezrun 60A esc for racing in the touring car 10.5 class??? Can the car fitted with this ezrun system keep up with other cars that has higher end esc with much higher Amp rating ???

It seems this is the esc that is affordable enough for me to get...

Also is it really necessary to get sensored system with all those calamity about sensorless system like this ezrun esc tends to have cogging and so on ???

Ive noticed that sensored systems are so so so much more expensive compared to sensorless systems....
Old 11-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

These Ezyrun are fine in a touring car, 2wd buggy even a 4wd buggy at a pinch but will burn up in a 1:8 conversion, monster truck, even a Traxxas Slash is too big for it to haul around for longer than 4-5 minutes
What about the 60A with a 8.5T motor in a Slash? From what I understand the 9T is a 380 sized motor with a larger heat sink to make it a 540 size. The 8.5T and lower are a true 540 sized motors and hopefully will work well on the Slash.... because that's what I ordered it for.

Jay
Old 11-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Just wanting to know, has anyone tried the ezrun 60A esc for racing in the touring car 10.5 class??? Can the car fitted with this ezrun system keep up with other cars that has higher end esc with much higher Amp rating ???

It seems this is the esc that is affordable enough for me to get...

Also is it really necessary to get sensored system with all those calamity about sensorless system like this ezrun esc tends to have cogging and so on ???

Ive noticed that sensored systems are so so so much more expensive compared to sensorless systems....
iam running a 60a ezrun with a 10.5 SP motor in my TA05 Touring car.
for the first few months the ezrun gave me just trouble as you may have read in previous post.
i did find the solution to all my problems last week and finally finish the A final in second place,so i can say that perform very well against other most expansive esc (driving skills are important to).
Old 11-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by guinnes.s
iam running a 60a ezrun with a 10.5 SP motor in my TA05 Touring car.
for the first few months the ezrun gave me just trouble as you may have read in previous post.
i did find the solution to all my problems last week and finally finish the A final in second place,so i can say that perform very well against other most expansive esc (driving skills are important to).
What about the punch and top end level ? Can you actually feel the difference in lacking of Amps compared to those high end stuffs that has been rated up to 400A...

I'm very cautious in spending my money... I want my things to last...
Old 11-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Dear Friend the Kyosho Dbx isn't 1:8 but 1:10 (a little oversized though).
I also bought a 100amp esc Pulso and i still have overheating problems....So...I think is something else...Maybe that the Dbx has 3 gearboxes (differentials)??
I was thinking to convert the gearboxes to something simpler like my 1:10's electric differential gearboxes.
I don't really know...
The motor doesn't heat much, but the esc (100A or 35A) really takes the heat up..!!
What do you think guys?
Old 11-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
What about the punch and top end level ? Can you actually feel the difference in lacking of Amps compared to those high end stuffs that has been rated up to 400A...

I'm very cautious in spending my money... I want my things to last...
ok, i do have a trf416 with a SP GT esc and a 10.5 lrp geared for a race track 4 time bigger then the one i use to race with the TA05+EZRUN.
This friday i will gear it down to the same gear of the ta05 and compare them. first thing to do is replacing the wires that come with the ezrun,that resolved the cough and the power shut-down and resetting problem.
my friend got a ezrun on his touring car and been having same annoying problems,i suggested him to replace all the wires and i will find out this Friday if the problem will be sort.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok, i do have a trf416 with a SP GT esc and a 10.5 lrp geared for a race track 4 time bigger then the one i use to race with the TA05+EZRUN.
This friday i will gear it down to the same gear of the ta05 and compare them. first thing to do is replacing the wires that come with the ezrun,that resolved the cough and the power shut-down and resetting problem.
my friend got a ezrun on his touring car and been having same annoying problems,i suggested him to replace all the wires and i will find out this Friday if the problem will be sort.
Okey thats great... make sure you let me know what is the result of the testing and comparison done this Friday... interested to see how much difference this ezrun system is compared to ur SP GT...
Old 11-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by george2411
Dear Friend the Kyosho Dbx isn't 1:8 but 1:10 (a little oversized though).
I also bought a 100amp esc Pulso and i still have overheating problems....So...I think is something else...Maybe that the Dbx has 3 gearboxes (differentials)??
I was thinking to convert the gearboxes to something simpler like my 1:10's electric differential gearboxes.
I don't really know...
The motor doesn't heat much, but the esc (100A or 35A) really takes the heat up..!!
What do you think guys?
Yes but ready to race you looking at the 2 kilo mark
Old 11-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Drifting101
Yes but ready to race you looking at the 2 kilo mark
Thanks for your help and reply but unfortunately i don't understand what you are telling me...
If you be so kind and reply to me again simpler?
Sorry again but i am from Greece and my english are not good enough...
Thanks again my friend
Old 11-27-2008, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

could you tell us what specs of eZRun your using ... esc model, version and motor?

i'm not experiencing any of your problems with my current setup, i replaced the original 9T (blue) that came with the 60A esc version 1.1 and attached a novak velociti 6.5 motor by direct soldering the wires.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll ask again so my post doesn't get lost.

Will the 60A with the 8.5T be OK in a Slash, or is the slash to much for it? The 8.5T is a regular 540 sized motor. The 9T is a 380 in a 540 case. Says so on the site. What I want to know is if anyone has had success with the 8.5T in a Slash or something similar in size.

Jay
Old 11-27-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vlozity
could you tell us what specs of eZRun your using ... esc model, version and motor?

i'm not experiencing any of your problems with my current setup, i replaced the original 9T (blue) that came with the 60A esc version 1.1 and attached a novak velociti 6.5 motor by direct soldering the wires.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eZRun-60A-Brus...|39:1|240:1318
this is the one i am using,were i can see what version is it?
the motor is a 10.5 SP.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eZRun-60A-Brus...|39:1|240:1318
this is the one i am using,were i can see what version is it?
the motor is a 10.5 SP.
see the side where the switch is, it should say '60A-SL-V1.1'. from what i've read, models older that V1.1 had the same problems your experiencing.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyro18t
I'll ask again so my post doesn't get lost.

Will the 60A with the 8.5T be OK in a Slash, or is the slash to much for it? The 8.5T is a regular 540 sized motor. The 9T is a 380 in a 540 case. Says so on the site. What I want to know is if anyone has had success with the 8.5T in a Slash or something similar in size.

Jay
That "should" work, I know the VXL motors work fine in a slash, but the 540 "look" motors which have the 380 rotor such as the 9T and over Ezyruns and the Mamba (castle) motors tend to cook.

Oh and for mr "Monster truck me no speak english.."

Hot ESC + cool motor = overgeared!! Drop a couple of pinions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.