R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2008, 11:25 PM   #256
Tech Elite
 
Drifting101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
The Nitro is too big mate

These Ezyrun are fine in a touring car, 2wd buggy even a 4wd buggy at a pinch but will burn up in a 1:8 conversion, monster truck, even a Traxxas Slash is too big for it to haul around for longer than 4-5 minutes
Yes i have found the same......But if you run a dual motor setup it will be better
__________________
::Mi4::17.5::::::M03R::HW 3000kv::::::T4::7.5::::::HB Cyclone D4::5.5::

"Why follow, when you can lead?"
Schumacher
Drifting101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:57 AM   #257
Tech Fanatic
 
Tpg racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 967
Default

Just wanting to know, has anyone tried the ezrun 60A esc for racing in the touring car 10.5 class??? Can the car fitted with this ezrun system keep up with other cars that has higher end esc with much higher Amp rating ???

It seems this is the esc that is affordable enough for me to get...

Also is it really necessary to get sensored system with all those calamity about sensorless system like this ezrun esc tends to have cogging and so on ???

Ive noticed that sensored systems are so so so much more expensive compared to sensorless systems....
Tpg racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #258
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: FT Walton, FL
Posts: 967
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
The Nitro is too big mate

These Ezyrun are fine in a touring car, 2wd buggy even a 4wd buggy at a pinch but will burn up in a 1:8 conversion, monster truck, even a Traxxas Slash is too big for it to haul around for longer than 4-5 minutes
What about the 60A with a 8.5T motor in a Slash? From what I understand the 9T is a 380 sized motor with a larger heat sink to make it a 540 size. The 8.5T and lower are a true 540 sized motors and hopefully will work well on the Slash.... because that's what I ordered it for.

Jay
__________________
~ Jason Kennedy ~
~ Sweep Racing Tires ~
~ TQ Wire~Wire~
pyro18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #259
Tech Regular
 
guinnes.s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpg racer View Post
Just wanting to know, has anyone tried the ezrun 60A esc for racing in the touring car 10.5 class??? Can the car fitted with this ezrun system keep up with other cars that has higher end esc with much higher Amp rating ???

It seems this is the esc that is affordable enough for me to get...

Also is it really necessary to get sensored system with all those calamity about sensorless system like this ezrun esc tends to have cogging and so on ???

Ive noticed that sensored systems are so so so much more expensive compared to sensorless systems....
iam running a 60a ezrun with a 10.5 SP motor in my TA05 Touring car.
for the first few months the ezrun gave me just trouble as you may have read in previous post.
i did find the solution to all my problems last week and finally finish the A final in second place,so i can say that perform very well against other most expansive esc (driving skills are important to).
guinnes.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #260
Tech Fanatic
 
Tpg racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnes.s View Post
iam running a 60a ezrun with a 10.5 SP motor in my TA05 Touring car.
for the first few months the ezrun gave me just trouble as you may have read in previous post.
i did find the solution to all my problems last week and finally finish the A final in second place,so i can say that perform very well against other most expansive esc (driving skills are important to).
What about the punch and top end level ? Can you actually feel the difference in lacking of Amps compared to those high end stuffs that has been rated up to 400A...

I'm very cautious in spending my money... I want my things to last...
Tpg racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #261
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
The Nitro is too big mate

These Ezyrun are fine in a touring car, 2wd buggy even a 4wd buggy at a pinch but will burn up in a 1:8 conversion, monster truck, even a Traxxas Slash is too big for it to haul around for longer than 4-5 minutes
Dear Friend the Kyosho Dbx isn't 1:8 but 1:10 (a little oversized though).
I also bought a 100amp esc Pulso and i still have overheating problems....So...I think is something else...Maybe that the Dbx has 3 gearboxes (differentials)??
I was thinking to convert the gearboxes to something simpler like my 1:10's electric differential gearboxes.
I don't really know...
The motor doesn't heat much, but the esc (100A or 35A) really takes the heat up..!!
What do you think guys?
george2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #262
Tech Regular
 
guinnes.s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpg racer View Post
What about the punch and top end level ? Can you actually feel the difference in lacking of Amps compared to those high end stuffs that has been rated up to 400A...

I'm very cautious in spending my money... I want my things to last...
ok, i do have a trf416 with a SP GT esc and a 10.5 lrp geared for a race track 4 time bigger then the one i use to race with the TA05+EZRUN.
This friday i will gear it down to the same gear of the ta05 and compare them. first thing to do is replacing the wires that come with the ezrun,that resolved the cough and the power shut-down and resetting problem.
my friend got a ezrun on his touring car and been having same annoying problems,i suggested him to replace all the wires and i will find out this Friday if the problem will be sort.
guinnes.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #263
Tech Fanatic
 
Tpg racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnes.s View Post
ok, i do have a trf416 with a SP GT esc and a 10.5 lrp geared for a race track 4 time bigger then the one i use to race with the TA05+EZRUN.
This friday i will gear it down to the same gear of the ta05 and compare them. first thing to do is replacing the wires that come with the ezrun,that resolved the cough and the power shut-down and resetting problem.
my friend got a ezrun on his touring car and been having same annoying problems,i suggested him to replace all the wires and i will find out this Friday if the problem will be sort.
Okey thats great... make sure you let me know what is the result of the testing and comparison done this Friday... interested to see how much difference this ezrun system is compared to ur SP GT...
Tpg racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:33 PM   #264
Tech Elite
 
Drifting101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by george2411 View Post
Dear Friend the Kyosho Dbx isn't 1:8 but 1:10 (a little oversized though).
I also bought a 100amp esc Pulso and i still have overheating problems....So...I think is something else...Maybe that the Dbx has 3 gearboxes (differentials)??
I was thinking to convert the gearboxes to something simpler like my 1:10's electric differential gearboxes.
I don't really know...
The motor doesn't heat much, but the esc (100A or 35A) really takes the heat up..!!
What do you think guys?
Yes but ready to race you looking at the 2 kilo mark
__________________
::Mi4::17.5::::::M03R::HW 3000kv::::::T4::7.5::::::HB Cyclone D4::5.5::

"Why follow, when you can lead?"
Schumacher
Drifting101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:29 AM   #265
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting101 View Post
Yes but ready to race you looking at the 2 kilo mark
Thanks for your help and reply but unfortunately i don't understand what you are telling me...
If you be so kind and reply to me again simpler?
Sorry again but i am from Greece and my english are not good enough...
Thanks again my friend
george2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:22 AM   #266
Tech Fanatic
 
vlozity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnes.s View Post
ok, i do have a trf416 with a SP GT esc and a 10.5 lrp geared for a race track 4 time bigger then the one i use to race with the TA05+EZRUN.
This friday i will gear it down to the same gear of the ta05 and compare them. first thing to do is replacing the wires that come with the ezrun,that resolved the cough and the power shut-down and resetting problem.
my friend got a ezrun on his touring car and been having same annoying problems,i suggested him to replace all the wires and i will find out this Friday if the problem will be sort.
could you tell us what specs of eZRun your using ... esc model, version and motor?

i'm not experiencing any of your problems with my current setup, i replaced the original 9T (blue) that came with the 60A esc version 1.1 and attached a novak velociti 6.5 motor by direct soldering the wires.
__________________
3Racing Sakura D4 RWD & AWD converted to RWD
Tekin RS ESC Tekin Redline 13.5T BL Sensored Savox 1257TG Sanwa MT4
vlozity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:43 AM   #267
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: FT Walton, FL
Posts: 967
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'll ask again so my post doesn't get lost.

Will the 60A with the 8.5T be OK in a Slash, or is the slash to much for it? The 8.5T is a regular 540 sized motor. The 9T is a 380 in a 540 case. Says so on the site. What I want to know is if anyone has had success with the 8.5T in a Slash or something similar in size.

Jay
__________________
~ Jason Kennedy ~
~ Sweep Racing Tires ~
~ TQ Wire~Wire~
pyro18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:45 AM   #268
Tech Regular
 
guinnes.s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlozity View Post
could you tell us what specs of eZRun your using ... esc model, version and motor?

i'm not experiencing any of your problems with my current setup, i replaced the original 9T (blue) that came with the 60A esc version 1.1 and attached a novak velociti 6.5 motor by direct soldering the wires.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eZRun-60A-Brus...|39:1|240:1318
this is the one i am using,were i can see what version is it?
the motor is a 10.5 SP.
guinnes.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #269
Tech Fanatic
 
vlozity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnes.s View Post
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eZRun-60A-Brus...|39:1|240:1318
this is the one i am using,were i can see what version is it?
the motor is a 10.5 SP.
see the side where the switch is, it should say '60A-SL-V1.1'. from what i've read, models older that V1.1 had the same problems your experiencing.
__________________
3Racing Sakura D4 RWD & AWD converted to RWD
Tekin RS ESC Tekin Redline 13.5T BL Sensored Savox 1257TG Sanwa MT4
vlozity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #270
Tech Champion
 
nexxus's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,100
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro18t View Post
I'll ask again so my post doesn't get lost.

Will the 60A with the 8.5T be OK in a Slash, or is the slash to much for it? The 8.5T is a regular 540 sized motor. The 9T is a 380 in a 540 case. Says so on the site. What I want to know is if anyone has had success with the 8.5T in a Slash or something similar in size.

Jay
That "should" work, I know the VXL motors work fine in a slash, but the 540 "look" motors which have the 380 rotor such as the 9T and over Ezyruns and the Mamba (castle) motors tend to cook.



Oh and for mr "Monster truck me no speak english.."

Hot ESC + cool motor = overgeared!! Drop a couple of pinions.
__________________
A800 / A800X Awesomatix

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya mini cooper sipaboy Electric On-Road 29687 Yesterday 04:07 AM
Duratrax Evader cheech4 Electric Off-Road 1159 03-25-2015 02:27 AM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM
wich brushless system maylemay Electric Off-Road 38 06-09-2009 03:46 PM
Whats a cheap brushless system for a traxxas slash Leroy1234p Electric Off-Road 25 05-17-2009 08:07 PM
Xray copies academygaz Electric On-Road 151 11-03-2008 09:42 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:28 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net