Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAMIYA F103 RM

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I do not know if you guys know this or not but there is a great way to adapt kimbrough gears using a losi part that one of the locals figured out. It works great.

I will get the part number and post it. The best thing is is the part is about four dollars and and comes with two. It is a wheel hex quick change set for the XXXt-CR

Last edited by Tha Skinny; 12-07-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do tell!

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny
I do not know if you guys know this or not but there is a great way to adapt kimbrough gears using a losi part that one of the locals figured out. It works great.

I will get the part number and post it. The best thing is is the part is about four dollars and and comes with two. It is a wheel hex quick change set for the XXXt-CR
Old 12-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prorace
The F104 wing kit (front or rear) it's a direct fit.

I don't Know where you can find it, because I'm from Spain
tnx, I can order it through my LHS.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Has anyone tried any thing with the single cell batteries on larger turn brushless motors? I think I am going to try and use a 13.5 1s SMC and see how the speed is....
Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried any thing with the single cell batteries on larger turn brushless motors? I think I am going to try and use a 13.5 1s SMC and see how the speed is....
Weight balance between front and rear is an issue if you use extra light batteries. Maybe if you place some lead weights on rear end ... this could be solution.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

I will have this part number when I get in tonight..... and I will let you all know how the single cell thing works. I have an inclanation that it may be t muchso well see what happens
Old 12-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It has been tried on an F104.... 1S and 17.5.

Look at this post.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

I got to do the testing in my 103 with a 13.5 speed passion and 1s lipo. It was really nice to drive all around. I got home and remembered I had all of my timing dialed into my GT2.0 and had lots of top end but not really alot of bottom so this weekend I will take out the timing and see what happens. I also ran a RX pack and that was nice also. The extra voltage really helped my slow servo. I do think If I threw some weight on the back it may drive a little better also, but I do think that 1s can prevail in this class also
Old 12-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

F1s at WCRC KO PROPO this weekend.

Who's goin?
Old 12-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Whoa, nuthin.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
F1s at WCRC KO PROPO this weekend.

Who's goin?
Craig,

Sorry I can not make it this weekend. The F-1 hauler's log book is under tight scrutiny. I was told I used up my transporter mile priveleges the last time I traveled to race with you. Now that was a fun weekend.

You should try Milwaukee in March (27-28). I promise to help you as much as you helped me back in September. Thanks again!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Marty,
Still the comedian.
Yeh, looks like I won't be able to race in your hood this year
I'm sure you'd be more help to me than I was for you.
Your drivin was quite impressive!

You comin again to Tamiya Aliso Viejo this year, what would that be, # 117 or 118 trips to this place?
Dude, talk about havin a hometown advantage in MY home town!

Good turn out today at the KO PROPO race at West Coast Raceway.

15 or 16 F1s and a bunch of em pretty dang fast.

I pulled off 2nd place finishes in my first 2 heats and after the resort started 5th in the 3rd (A) qualifier and was able to finish 3rd in that one.
Car is really good and driving results are everything I could have possibly hoped for. Havin a blast.
Will need some luck (again) to break into the level of drivers that are the top 5 or 6 as far as flatout speed.

Fingers crossed.
Originally Posted by 414MPH
Craig,

Sorry I can not make it this weekend. The F-1 hauler's log book is under tight scrutiny. I was told I used up my transporter mile priveleges the last time I traveled to race with you. Now that was a fun weekend.

You should try Milwaukee in March (27-28). I promise to help you as much as you helped me back in September. Thanks again!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA3102

I finnally was able to get the part number that we are using for a spur gear adapter it is Losi part # LOSA3102. It is the wuick change hex adapter I will see if I can get a picture on here or if someone else has a way f doing it quicker let me know.

Well the pic is up and I will have a small write up on how to do this shortly...

Last edited by Tha Skinny; 12-13-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I finnally was able to get the part number that we are using for a spur gear adapter it is Losi part # LOSA3102. It is the wuick change hex adapter I will see if I can get a picture on here or if someone else has a way f doing it quicker let me know.

Well the pic is up and I will have a small write up on how to do this shortly...
So you just dremel off the flanges?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is how you can use the Losi wheel hex adapter.... all you will need is a hobby knife or a sharp blade of some type.

1.Take the larger peice with the five sided hex

2. With your hobby knife cut off the rounded peice at the base of the hex(just continue to score until cut through until you can remove the rounded part)

3. remove your rear axle

4. Choose your kimbrough spur that you would like to use.

5. Insert diff balls( use the associated balls) you can use 12 diff balls on this instead of having the five or six that Tamiya uses, they will now ride in a different spot on the rings.

6. Take your Kimbrough spur gear and insert the peice that you have just cut off into the bearing hole of the spur gear. You will no longer need the bearing in the middle of the gear......may sound crazy to some of you but this does actually work really well.

7. Now slide the gear over the axle and set your diff. You can now use any gear ratio that you would like be it with a 48p or 64p gear.

8. You will have one of these hex adapters left when you are finished with this project. You can dircard the two other small adapter or do like I did and find someone that runs this truck and gave them to them...LOL and you will also have an extra hex for the spur adapter.

Let me know how this ends up working for you guys.....GOOD LUCK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.