Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks >

CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Yes those. The threads are exactly 4 mm long.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Hoh! Could it be? Yes it is. An offset pod Battle Axe 2.0

This has been a collaboration between John Fisher from Colorodo and myself. His company has a basis in Australia. What was wanted was an offset pod that could move more weight left for 1 cell cars which have light minimum weights and not much ballast to move around. Well we achieved full offset. The rear X-brace is the standard Gen X 1/12 pod X brace. The top and bottom plate are custom, to be evaluated in the coming weeks. The mod will require a new left and right side hub. We will be testing the red models from Hyperdrive. The right is a full offset (or wide pan) right hub), the left is a compact 1/2 inch clamp on left hub. The stock axle will work! There is a 1/16 inch axle spacer used on the left side. We tried many other combinations of hubs with some failings in each. Failings included not enough weight moved to insufficient pod strength. This mod gives you a Heavy duty bottom plate. The same reinforcements, I have included on the Gen X 10 front side link pivot holes, are included. A minimized left pod plate is used. The extra front hole for the old long left side plate is omitted for strength. I plan to test it as well with 2S LiPo and 17.5. It is possible this may bring in my XXPink/Purple rears, shown on the car, which were a rocket on my 3-link car and the Superior Spector T-plate rear pivot ball car. Note that this mod will be "3-link Ready". About 2.5 mm positive offset is available at each rear tire without going outside the normal bodies.

Yes that body post is bent with a heat gun. I really need some more holes ouboard on the extended side plates. This bend allowed me to center the body perfectly with some rear steer on and allowed me to reach the shoulders of the body with both body posts.

Here are some corner weights to start out with body off no ballast, 2s LiPo
7.8 LF, 6.3 RF
14.4 LR, 5.4 RR
left down tweak is now reduced to 9 ounces.
Attached Thumbnails CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks-battle-axe-2-0-offset-pod-009.jpg   CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks-battle-axe-2-0-offset-pod-007.jpg  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-12-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Is this a direct replacement of the metal spring holder? Do i thread the screw into the part?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ng-Retainers-2
Old 10-13-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

yes to both. The Allen screw still threads in to the part and is required to adjust the preload. I have not used it yet. Maybe on my oval car which is overweight .7 ounces.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
yes to both. The Allen screw still threads in to the part and is required to adjust the preload. I have not used it yet. Maybe on my oval car which is overweight .7 ounces.
Thanks
A few posts back guys were talking about how heavy the car was. I got mine RTR at 936g with 55mm tires. I can post pics if you wanna see how i have it layed out, nothing special.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Yes post pics. Now on mine I am not complaining as I have a bunch of heavy stuff I can convert to light stuff. Body posts for one. 38 ounces (2sLiPo) or 36oz (1s LiPo) will be easy to reach, but yours is at 33 oz!

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-13-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Yes post pics. Now on mine I am not complaining as I have a bunch of heavy stuff I can convert to light stuff. Body posts for one. 36 ounces will be easy to reach, but yours is at 33 oz!
I'll take some later when i get home. When i was at 950g 2 guys at the track couldnt believe i got it that low...Wait until they see it now Also the body makes a huge difference in weight. I cant remember the exact numbers, but the corvette body is heavy compaired to the sofia body.

Tire question for you. As my day starts the car is fine, but as the day goes on it will start to traction roll. The grip on the track does come up some, but not that much. All ive been doing with the tires is sausing back up and running them. I think that's the problem. As the day goes on they seem to get gummy and stick even more. I've seen guys use lighter fluid, is that what i should be using or can i use something else? By the way, this is on carpet..

thanks
Old 10-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
I'll take some later when i get home. When i was at 950g 2 guys at the track couldnt believe i got it that low...Wait until they see it now Also the body makes a huge difference in weight. I cant remember the exact numbers, but the corvette body is heavy compaired to the sofia body.

Tire question for you. As my day starts the car is fine, but as the day goes on it will start to traction roll. The grip on the track does come up some, but not that much. All ive been doing with the tires is sausing back up and running them. I think that's the problem. As the day goes on they seem to get gummy and stick even more. I've seen guys use lighter fluid, is that what i should be using or can i use something else? By the way, this is on carpet..

thanks
As the day goes on the tyre gets softer, and can even get too soft causing the car to float.
Some options:
A) Use a couiple of sets of tyres, alternating them during the runs so they don't get over soaked in additive.
B) Wash the tyres between runs to remove the excess additive and then re-apply.
C) Use a harder compound later in the day in case it is the track getting more grip and not your car.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NiMo
As the day goes on the tyre gets softer, and can even get too soft causing the car to float.
Some options:
A) Use a couiple of sets of tyres, alternating them during the runs so they don't get over soaked in additive.
C) Use a harder compound later in the day in case it is the track getting more grip and not your car.
D) Use less and less compound on the surface of the front tire. During warmup, try 1/2 to 2/3 of the inner tire surface and test. See if its enough grip. I like the car so it almost has a slight push feel to it. By the mains I'm either putting about 1/8 or no compound on the front tires. I clean mine before I warm up and every round with lighter fuel so the feel stays consistent.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NiMo
Some options:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064
D) Use less and less compound on the surface of the front tire. During warmup, try 1/2 to 2/3 of the inner tire surface and test. See if its enough grip. I like the car so it almost has a slight push feel to it. By the mains I'm either putting about 1/8 or no compound on the front tires. I clean mine before I warm up and every round with lighter fuel so the feel stays consistent.
I think the ticket for me will be to start cleaning them. I do start a 75% and as the day goes on end up at 40-50%.

Here are the pics..Nothing special, just what it needs to work. As i tuned it up and liked the position of the electronics i shortened the wires. It's balanced perfect without adding any extra weight.
Attached Thumbnails CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks-img_1025.jpg   CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks-img_1024.jpg  
Old 10-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
I think the ticket for me will be to start cleaning them. I do start a 75% and as the day goes on end up at 40-50%.

Here are the pics..Nothing special, just what it needs to work. As i tuned it up and liked the position of the electronics i shortened the wires. It's balanced perfect without adding any extra weight.
936g without the body?
Old 10-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joeymdz
936g without the body?
936 with a sofia body on single cell
Old 10-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

John

I got my wings from doug today . They are a perfect fit .
Attached Thumbnails CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks-pics3-285.jpg  
Old 10-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Rui-Thanks for the pics. Looks like a pretty straight forward install. A lot of lightness is built into the car.

hippie-Thanks for the pic. Nice! On your next set of body posts you can try that outboard position on the nerfwings. The body will be more stable on the chassis.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

John

did i unserstand your rehttp://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/329/products_id/108816/n/CRC-Molded-Spring-Retainers-2pliy

John did i understand your repliy to nitrobeast correctly about these .
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ng-Retainers-2 . Do they slide over the stock spring holder or does the set screw thread directly into these after removing the stock holders ?. thank's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.