Search
Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
hey I wanted to post a picture I did of my Arta body...My girlfriend got me photoshop CS3 so I am teaching myself how to use it Its a lot of fun! Enjoy!
i see you found the "motion" blur filter.

how long are u gonna be in town? ill be pretty focused on TCS. not sure if i wanna head up to West Coast inbetween.

too bad you cant attend the charity race in october.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
i see you found the "motion" blur filter.

how long are u gonna be in town? ill be pretty focused on TCS. not sure if i wanna head up to West Coast inbetween.

too bad you cant attend the charity race in october.
Heheh yes i did I had to cut another car out of the picture, paste the asphalt from other layers, cut out my car from another picture, blur one layer, copy paste a new layer, smudge tool, used a stamp thingy for the wheels...blah layers are a pain in the butt

Only there 4 days, yeah TCS is my main thing but figured since I was there I would try to hit up some other tracks. Will have to see how T.Marshall feels after friday Plane tickets are cheap to CA from NC maybe I can HEHEH
Old 08-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Chris ygpm
Old 08-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Lord

Heheh yes i did I had to cut another car out of the picture, paste the asphalt from other layers, cut out my car from another picture, blur one layer, copy paste a new layer, smudge tool, used a stamp thingy for the wheels...blah layers are a pain in the butt

Only there 4 days, yeah TCS is my main thing but figured since I was there I would try to hit up some other tracks. Will have to see how T.Marshall feels after friday Plane tickets are cheap to CA from NC maybe I can HEHEH
let me know either way. maybe i can drop by West Coast..and show you around. its an awesome track. i ran my TB-03 there last wednesday and it was a blast. i love seeing my ebbro going down that 130ft straight

Chris ygpm
PM back.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:49 AM
tns
Tech Apprentice

hey I wanted to post a picture I did of my Arta body...My girlfriend got me photoshop CS3 so I am teaching myself how to use it Its a lot of fun! Enjoy!
Oh wow that's beautifully painted! How did you do the masking for the pink stripes? Did you use tape or liquid mask? I used tape on my GT-R, but came to grief at certain spots where the tape came loose Had to do some rescue work with creative placements of the decals...
Old 08-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

saturday... tamiya. TB-03.. 17.5. BE THERE!

(thats about as close as ill come to "calling you out" )
You know Chris I'd be there in a heartbeat to help you out, but unfortunately I have a meeting Saturday morning until about 1 and then I "was" going to WCRC but instead I will be going out to burn some nitro in the dirt.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
You know Chris I'd be there in a heartbeat to help you out, but unfortunately I have a meeting Saturday morning until about 1 and then I "was" going to WCRC but instead I will be going out to burn some nitro in the dirt.
cool deal. ill see you NEXT saturday then. ill be there again. you will see the cornerspeed that is the Ebbro 350R!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tns
Oh wow that's beautifully painted! How did you do the masking for the pink stripes? Did you use tape or liquid mask? I used tape on my GT-R, but came to grief at certain spots where the tape came loose Had to do some rescue work with creative placements of the decals...
I mask with 3M performance 233+ tape. No other tape works better. I have tried all kinds but Its the best out there. I use it for real life cars as well. Other than that I just carefully cut all the designs with a xacto blade. Usually takes 3 blades to do a body, since the key is to use a very sharp blade so you don't have to push on the tape much. I tried liquid mask and I don't like it. Actually takes me longer to use it than tape. Yes decals can be your saving grace Here is a body I did for my friends Xray
Old 08-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default DROOP

Do you guys change the droop of the car? or you just use the 2mm setting stated in the manual? Thanks!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by SKYFLAKES
Do you guys change the droop of the car? or you just use the 2mm setting stated in the manual? Thanks!
Yes, change droop.

It can be a great tuning "tool". Get it wrong however and your whole day can go sour. (Unless you immediately go back to your droop settings and change them)

For me, in a nut shell, I use droop to add or subtract weight transfer.

Jimmy W
Old 08-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Lord

what lengths are you guys using on your push rods?

anyone experiment with them yet? ive always been curious, never done it before those.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Yes, change droop.

It can be a great tuning "tool". Get it wrong however and your whole day can go sour. (Unless you immediately go back to your droop settings and change them)

For me, in a nut shell, I use droop to add or subtract weight transfer.

Jimmy W
Thanks jimmy, is the droop settings of this car similar to the 416 and 415 ex. Front 5 Rear 5 or 5-4 or 6-4?

Im just wondering why the droop settings is not included in the TB03 setup sheet?.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Initiate

what lengths are you guys using on your push rods?

anyone experiment with them yet? ive always been curious, never done it before those.
Based on timmie's setup he's cars pushrod length is 14 mm (distance between adjusters).
Old 08-15-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SKYFLAKES
Based on timmie's setup he's cars pushrod length is 14 mm (distance between adjusters).
Yeah like Jimmy said, your droop settings put a stop to your weight transfer. Yeah you can use droop settings suggested to use in other chassis setups as a starting point for the TB03. Some things that will affect what droop settings you use are, what springs you are using, ride height, traction available at the track you are racing at, and personal feel *if the car feels right to you*

Basic way I tune with droop is this.... More on power steering, less droop in the front. More off power steering, more droop in in the rear. More rear traction on power, more front droop. Less off power steering, less droop in the rear. Hope I explained it well enough

As far as pushrod length, I use 14mm for most of my setups but do shorten or lengthen them from time to time. The length that you use will depend on other areas of your suspension setup. Things that will change this are what length springs you are using * some of the springs I use sometimes have 4mm difference in height to Tamiya springs...* what ride height you are trying to run at, and what droop setting you are using. The big thing in my opinion to look out for with pushrod tuning is to adjust these to keep the suspension from pre loading the front springs and binding your suspension. Get this adjustment wrong along with droop for instance, and you will have the suspension fighting itself just sitting on the bench.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I've been experimenting with different push-rod lengths and with higher profile tires (like RCGT X-patterns) and regular touring car length shock springs, it helps when you shorten the push-rod a bit, so you have more spacing on the pre-load collar to work with on the ride height. I try to keep the push-rod lengths equal left and right, and adjust for droop through the A-arm's droop set screw.

Steve Wang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.