Losi Xcelorin Brushless

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Xcelorin Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 05:33 AM
Tech Rookie

I have just put in my Xcelorin esc and 8.5 turn Losi motor. I am having a problem with the settings for the battery on the esc and that is it won't keep any of the settings when I change them. So when I select two cell lipo with a 6.0V cut off and send it to the esc when disconnect and reconnect it the setting will have gone back to 3cell with a 9.0V cut off thus when you when to drive the LVC cuts in cause a fully charged 2s2p lipo is below 9.0V, even when I select NIMH and select no cut off it changes the setting once disconnected. I updated the firmware and this did not help either. Any advice?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Disconnect after it says its sent the settings, then turn off the esc then plug it into the receiver and turn it back on, im not sure it will solve your problem but its the only thing i see missing from your description thats missing compared to the manual
Old 01-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DazRCrazy
I have just put in my Xcelorin esc and 8.5 turn Losi motor. I am having a problem with the settings for the battery on the esc and that is it won't keep any of the settings when I change them. So when I select two cell lipo with a 6.0V cut off and send it to the esc when disconnect and reconnect it the setting will have gone back to 3cell with a 9.0V cut off thus when you when to drive the LVC cuts in cause a fully charged 2s2p lipo is below 9.0V, even when I select NIMH and select no cut off it changes the setting once disconnected. I updated the firmware and this did not help either. Any advice?
Which level of firmware? If the new version available for download make sure you have the new setup program.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Wondering if anyone can help with a couple of issues I'm facing with my newly purchased xcelorin 6.5 combo?

Issue 1

When I select a profile, once it is selected, I only ever get a single blue light coming on rather than the indicator lights showing the selected profile. Is this correct as its not what I expected. After programming on my pc or with the quick card I have yellow and blue lit which suggested to me that I should have the lights on indicating which profile my active profile was based on?

Issue 2

Now this is the one that's really bugging me. Reverse won't work! Despite having configured the controller multiple times with both the quick card and the pc software selecting the reverse available option, the controller will not go into reverse. Well it did work briefly after one attempt when I had recalibrated (and strangely the calibration seemed to go out of order unless I wasn't paying attention, I think it went accel, neutral, brake that time which is odd, but reverse worked briefly) until I turned the car off and back on again... I have experimented with a variety of settings and nothing seems to work.

The controller is running the 1.1.28 firmware, I send the reset command before configuring the ESC, my pc has the latest client. I have callibrated the controller and the red light comes on with maximum reverse. I have tried inverting the channel on my radio to see if it was a problem with that, but no, I get full throttle when I brake, but no reverse when I accelerate (although that red light comes on again!).

I also have been in contact with another guy who bought the same combo and has exactly the same problem with his ESC and reverse not working. He says that reverting to firmware 1.1.25 was fixing it for him, although he has since reported intermittent problems with that version too. I upgraded mine straight out of the box so did no config or calibration before flashing 1.28.

Sooooo.... anyone know what's wrong? It's driving me mad and getting to the point of getting a refund and moving on
Old 01-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cassp0nk
Wondering if anyone can help with a couple of issues I'm facing with my newly purchased xcelorin 6.5 combo?

Issue 1

When I select a profile, once it is selected, I only ever get a single blue light coming on rather than the indicator lights showing the selected profile. Is this correct as its not what I expected. After programming on my pc or with the quick card I have yellow and blue lit which suggested to me that I should have the lights on indicating which profile my active profile was based on?

Issue 2

Now this is the one that's really bugging me. Reverse won't work! Despite having configured the controller multiple times with both the quick card and the pc software selecting the reverse available option, the controller will not go into reverse. Well it did work briefly after one attempt when I had recalibrated (and strangely the calibration seemed to go out of order unless I wasn't paying attention, I think it went accel, neutral, brake that time which is odd, but reverse worked briefly) until I turned the car off and back on again... I have experimented with a variety of settings and nothing seems to work.

The controller is running the 1.1.28 firmware, I send the reset command before configuring the ESC, my pc has the latest client. I have callibrated the controller and the red light comes on with maximum reverse. I have tried inverting the channel on my radio to see if it was a problem with that, but no, I get full throttle when I brake, but no reverse when I accelerate (although that red light comes on again!).

I also have been in contact with another guy who bought the same combo and has exactly the same problem with his ESC and reverse not working. He says that reverting to firmware 1.1.25 was fixing it for him, although he has since reported intermittent problems with that version too. I upgraded mine straight out of the box so did no config or calibration before flashing 1.28.

Sooooo.... anyone know what's wrong? It's driving me mad and getting to the point of getting a refund and moving on
Issue 1 - Only the blue light coming on. When you power up if only the blue led is on then REV is not active. The yellow led comes on when the switch is turned on along with the blue led indicating that REV is active.

Issue 2 - When you calibrate the yellow led will be on, after release you would pull full throttle. The green led will flash then be solid green, then full reverse red blinks then goes solid, then release throttle the led will go to solid blue and at this point you must turn the power switch off to save the calibration. If you do not power off immediately after calibration and begin to use the ESC when you turn off the esc calibration is not saved. When you go to calibrate and the yellow led is on and you pull full throttle and the green led does not flash etc.. then you need to reverse the throttle on the transmitter.

Reverse when active works on the second push of the throttle.

Have you called Horizon customer support?

Hope this helps
Old 01-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rocketron
Issue 1 - Only the blue light coming on. When you power up if only the blue led is on then REV is not active. The yellow led comes on when the switch is turned on along with the blue led indicating that REV is active.

Issue 2 - When you calibrate the yellow led will be on, after release you would pull full throttle. The green led will flash then be solid green, then full reverse red blinks then goes solid, then release throttle the led will go to solid blue and at this point you must turn the power switch off to save the calibration. If you do not power off immediately after calibration and begin to use the ESC when you turn off the esc calibration is not saved. When you go to calibrate and the yellow led is on and you pull full throttle and the green led does not flash etc.. then you need to reverse the throttle on the transmitter.

Reverse when active works on the second push of the throttle.

Have you called Horizon customer support?

Hope this helps
Thanks Ron, unfortunately I have done all that. I only mentioned the slightly abortive calibration as that was the only time reverse worked!

I get no reverse both with blue and yellow on, and with just blue on. Calibration is correct as green and red illuminate when I go to full throttle/reverse.

Very odd that when configuring with reverse on the quick card, I only get the blue led. Seems like it must be a faulty unit if everyone else (apart from the guy I've been talking to) is ok with 1.1.28 firmware?

Will try calling horizon, but discovered problem at 6pm Friday and no one is in over the weekend, so thought it was worth checking here.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Hmm had a further go at it with the quick programming card, and if one blue led means no reverse, its not taking its settings properly. Is there a newer firmware than 1.1.28 as either its duff or my unit is!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That is the latest firmware available. You must have a defective unit. Call Horizon next week and get it exchanged.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Yeti35
That is the latest firmware available. You must have a defective unit. Call Horizon next week and get it exchanged.
Ah so lots of people are running .28 fine?

Just seemed like it might be the firmware as this other chaps was working when he dropped back a version to .25. I've yet to try that.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Ah so lots of people are running .28 fine?

Just seemed like it might be the firmware as this other chaps was working when he dropped back a version to .25. I've yet to try that.
V28 has been used by many people over the last few months successfully.

IF only the blue LED comes on when you power up - you will never get reverse to be active. When reverse is active then the blue and yellow will be on together.

QPC - with battery connected set ALL the jumpers on the card to what you want changed. You must have the small jumpers on each setting otherwise it will not function. Connect with correct polarity to the receiver wire. Then turn on the ESC power switch watching for the RED led on the card to blink. If you want to confirm the red led and setting worked - with the QPC plugged in and the power on take one of te jumpers off - wait 2 seconds and reconnect - the red led will flash again.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Rookie

V28 has been used by many people over the last few months successfully.

IF only the blue LED comes on when you power up - you will never get reverse to be active. When reverse is active then the blue and yellow will be on together.

QPC - with battery connected set ALL the jumpers on the card to what you want changed. You must have the small jumpers on each setting otherwise it will not function. Connect with correct polarity to the receiver wire. Then turn on the ESC power switch watching for the RED led on the card to blink. If you want to confirm the red led and setting worked - with the QPC plugged in and the power on take one of te jumpers off - wait 2 seconds and reconnect - the red led will flash again.
Yeah when I program with the QPC it flashes as expected, but set with either reverse or not reverse on the card (with all jumpers set) I only get a single blue light. When setting by PC I get blue + yellow, but it still only goes forward.

I think its pretty conclusive that myself and the other guy have duffers with the same problem. Back it goes...
Old 01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Is anyone here actually using 1.29 with reverse turned on and its working?

I ask as I heard a rumour today that it is disabled with 1.29 according to a factory driver? Doesn't sound right to me though with all those reverse options in the software, but got me wondering if everyone here is running with reverse turned off for racing anyway?

Is there any special trick to engaging reverse I may have missed? I've got the car on a stand, run it forwards for a few secs, brake. Let it have neutral for a few secs, then engage reverse and no joy, Have also tried going from forwards to brake and hold it there and that doesn't work either.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Is anyone here actually using 1.29 with reverse turned on and its working?

I ask as I heard a rumour today that it is disabled with 1.29 according to a factory driver? Doesn't sound right to me though with all those reverse options in the software, but got me wondering if everyone here is running with reverse turned off for racing anyway?

Is there any special trick to engaging reverse I may have missed? I've got the car on a stand, run it forwards for a few secs, brake. Let it have neutral for a few secs, then engage reverse and no joy, Have also tried going from forwards to brake and hold it there and that doesn't work either.
- there is not a version 1.29
- 1.28 does not have reverse disabled
- the ESC will not allow forward to reverse directly.
- is the blue and yellow LED on when you turn on the ESC?
- you must be at a stop and neutral, then the second push will give reverse
Old 01-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Rookie

- there is not a version 1.29
- 1.28 does not have reverse disabled
- the ESC will not allow forward to reverse directly.
- is the blue and yellow LED on when you turn on the ESC?
- you must be at a stop and neutral, then the second push will give reverse
Sorry that was a typo, its 1.28 and yes to all the above so my unit is definitely DOA.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.