Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Ok, it sounded different the first time.

If you can't find the stock cap pick up a 16v 1000uf cap as Jamie suggested.
Find out I got too much mechanical timing advance on the motor. Once I dial it back down to 0 with TP 5 everything is fine.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys.

Would you please post a good starting point for 2wd off-road racing, with a 13.5 speed passion motor.

Here is a pic of the track.

http://racercv2.dk/?p=591

Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 01:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donwhit
Apologies if this has been asked before...
I have a Sanwa Super Exzes transmitter fitted with a Spektrum 2.4 module. The receiver is Spektrum. This setup has worked with Novak, LRP, Hobbywing etc over the years. Servo is Futaba 9550.
I installed a brand new RS speedo, connected to a Novak ballistic 17.5 motor. During the setup it could not find neutral - lights kept flashing.
Tried a different receiver, then a different 2.4 transmitter module then a spare Exzes transmitter. Still no neutral.
Tried my sons Super Exzes with a Spektrum 2.4 module, found neutral straight away!
I really don't want to buy a new transmitter. Any ideas?
Don
Have you tried reversing the throttle channel on the transmitter???
Old 04-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

ive tried an tekin rs yesterday evening from some as my hobbywing was broken. great esc so far.
i am wondering what a better setting could be. we have one of the fastest straights 85-90 and i need some punch to get out of the corners.
i am driving 13.5 speedpassion prostock.
ratio 5.55 i believe.

ive got trouble getting out of the corner as i am controlling the throttle more by my vinger as others go full pretty fast ( 3 years out and a lot changed, people are lazy doin stuff their own:P ). I prefer more control myself and less from the esc.

as i am more carefull my acceleration is slower and the boost is later, i remember my boost was 0.4...

dont know my settings as i am not near a computer where i can put my hotwire on, also someone did do the settings for me.

I feel and i know i can go almost 5 tenths per lap faster if I have some better settings.

some tips could be usefull
Old 04-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Mutley thanks.
Yes I tried reversing it. Still no go.
I should also have mentioned that I suspected the speedo as all my other kit works OK with other speedos. I was given another brand new RS, still no neutral.
regards
Don
Old 04-23-2011, 06:08 AM
avs
Tech Master

Mutley thanks.
I should also have mentioned that I suspected the speedo as all my other kit works OK with other speedos. I was given another brand new RS, still no neutral.
regards
Don
if your son's radio worked, then there is likely a setting difference in your radio that is the problem.

just compare settings between your radios. the trim or reverse are the likely culprits.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Angry

reading on tekin forum afew others with leds1267 flashing have to send in.before i send in I would like to know what I did wrong to cause this.so i dont go through this again.bought mine in nov used 1 race. track quit onroad switched to offroad didnt buy offroad till march used 3 race days then the rs quit.so no warranty.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olegeezer
reading on tekin forum afew others with leds1267 flashing have to send in.before i send in I would like to know what I did wrong to cause this.so i dont go through this again.bought mine in nov used 1 race. track quit onroad switched to offroad didnt buy offroad till march used 3 race days then the rs quit.so no warranty.
1.check to see that the settings are for a sensored motor.
2.try a new sensor wire
Old 04-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Mutley thanks.
regards
Don
I had this problem and it was the transmitter if u put the car on the bench and look at the lights on the speedo with your finger on the trigger you turn the lights off and then the chimes start. I could find neutral using the trim on my radio i would turn up trim and would then set up. Hope my experience could help
Old 04-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Mutley thanks.
regards
Don
What is your neutral width set at?
Old 04-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Neutral width is set to 10, is this too tight?
Someone said to set around 7?
regards
Don
Old 04-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

I got these light after I fried it by revered battery polarity.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I you can, take the cap off the motor (at the pinion end) and see if any of the solder tabs have become unsoldered. This would be caused by high temps. You can resolder but it is possible for the solder to melt and drop onto the circuit board where the sensor lead goes.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Angry

anyone interested in rs flashing 12 67 leds and hotwire pm offer
Old 04-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

anyone interested in rs flashing 12 67 leds and hotwire pm offer
what did tekin say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.