Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Same thing happen to me as soon I switch to murfdogg synergy motor I start having problem hmmmm....
Old 02-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys if you have the led fault 12 67 here are the things you need to check for:

On 2s lipo:

1. Make sure you're on a brushless motor type(MT1,2 or 3)

2. Check the A B C motor wires. These must be connected to the motor properly

3. Make sure you have a good motor. If you're not sure, swap it out with a known good one.

On 1s Lipo:

1. Make sure you're on a brushless motor type(MT1,2,3)

2. Check the A B C motor wires. These must be connected to the motor properly.

3. Make sure you have a good motor. If you're not sure, swap it out with a known good one.

4. Make sure your booster or Rx pack are working properly and are charged. The RS MUST have sufficient power from this system or it can show this fault.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
I have 2 Tekin RS ESC's and this is the first time I have really had any trouble.

Was running a Tekin RS in a TC, 17.5 boosted (Tekin Redline), very mild setup, Savox SC-1251MG servo (yes I use a Rx Cap); no issues.
Switched chassis & motor (MurfDogg Synergy 17.5), same mild boosted setup, same servo (and Rx Cap). Setup the electronics (calibration Etc.), ran a few circles at the house to get all the radio gear setup... no troubles (this was like Wednesday night).

Sunday was raceday... plugged in a freshly charged battery... and no power, lights, nothing on the RS. Power is getting to the servo and transponder, but the the RS does nothing.

Where do I start to look for the problem. Is their anything I can check? Or do I just get an RMA and send it back to Tekin.

Thanks in advance.
-Tim
I have NO lights on the RS
Old 02-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Randy,

I don't know if I over heat my tekin RS when the capacitor wire broke during my run. When the car stop my tekin RS smell a little burnt. Then the 1-2-6-7 lead start blinking... I swap a different motor but I got the same issue..
Old 02-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bukil
We had a racer who experienced the same issue. Loosen the endbell screws just a little bit. Make sure it is tight enough not to come loose and not loose enough to come off. Additionally, check the sensor wire if it's pretty snugged in the esc and motor.

Hope this helps
This DID help! Thanks. Fully functioning RS now with sensor wire plugged in. Endbell screws are just barely tight enough.

Didn't notice any substantial differences in the car running with vs w/o the sensor wire plugged in. Is that normal? Thought there would be something different in the way it performed.

Originally Posted by slakr
Sunday was raceday... plugged in a freshly charged battery... and no power, lights, nothing on the RS. Power is getting to the servo and transponder, but the the RS does nothing.

Where do I start to look for the problem. Is their anything I can check? Or do I just get an RMA and send it back to Tekin.
-Tim
Maybe check your endbell screws as well. IDK...worked for me...
Old 02-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey Randy,
Is it me or is there a trend with this whole wrong motor indicator issue?
I recently returned a pro model with the same problem. Are some of these new motors killing FETs? It's like one after another is doing this 1-2 6-7 blinky light scenario and most need to be sent in for replacement. Perhaps the FETs are not as good as they once were or perhaps it's a bi-product of the new(er) firmware. Just seems like a disturbing trend and I have yet to hear of any common cause from Tekin.
Perhaps you can do a little digging so maybe we can avoid this happening so often.
Thanks man...
Old 02-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Team Tekin

There's no "trend" to speak of. However we are seeing a lot of Li-fe packs that are well over the "6.6v"s everyone thinks they're meant for. Charged Li-fe packs are getting over 7.2v's at times and this is more than we said would be ok.

If you're running a li-fe pack pay attention to it's peak voltage. If it's over 7v we recommend a regulator.

Maxing out the boost and all settings can also cause failure with some motors. And yes a motor can and will take out an esc, it happens.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Randy,

Well I tried everything I can but no bueno. I re-set everything and re-flash it again. No matter what I do it keeps going back to 1-2-6-7 led blinking I change to 3 different motor and sensor wire. I replace the capacitor. I'm guessing mine is toast.

So I guess now you can give me an RA#...
Old 02-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Randy,

Well I tried everything I can but no bueno. I re-set everything and re-flash it again. No matter what I do it keeps going back to 1-2-6-7 led blinking I change to 3 different motor and sensor wire. I replace the capacitor. I'm guessing mine is toast.

So I guess now you can give me an RA#...
Hey Kimo,
Just go to the Tekin website and request an RA through their service page.
Then download the return form and fill it out on your computer. You will need to print it out and send it in with the speedo.
The form requires Credit card info so they can charge for the replacement and expedite the process and shipping costs. I got mine back in about 2 weeks.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
There's no "trend" to speak of. However we are seeing a lot of Li-fe packs that are well over the "6.6v"s everyone thinks they're meant for. Charged Li-fe packs are getting over 7.2v's at times and this is more than we said would be ok.

If you're running a li-fe pack pay attention to it's peak voltage. If it's over 7v we recommend a regulator.

Maxing out the boost and all settings can also cause failure with some motors. And yes a motor can and will take out an esc, it happens.
Thanks Randy,
It just seemed like there is someone complaining about the 1-2/7-6 leds every couple of pages. Maybe I'm just sensitive about it since it happened to me too.
You're doing a great job in staying on top of things here on rctech. Thanks again!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

I'm about to hit the damn speedo with a hammer that should fix the problem...
Old 02-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

DO IT !!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

much better idea, send it to me, then ill send it back and get a cheap spare rs

ed
Old 02-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

NEWS FLASH: Mike Haynes beats Team Associated to the 200MPH barrier using a Tekin RS Pro and Thunder Power 13.5.

Believe it!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Team Tekin

Look guys I'm not trying to be insensitive about this. There are a LOT of RS users now a days. If you get a 12 67 fault and you've checked the list of items I provided then yes you're unit will require service.

If you guys need RMA#'s you can either contact [email protected] OR hit us/me up on live chat during regular business hours.

Mike Haynes built a 200mph 13.5 car?! Wouldn't surprise me at all....Have you seen his 13.5 car? It's STUPID fast to begin with! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.