Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
That would be great as I am very frustrated with Tekin speedo's right now. I just went to my computer to reload v212 and now the advanced window won't open to verify that I actually have v212 loaded.
You know I haven't changed anything but seems as if the Tekin settings aren't the same.I am real dissappointed that to get back on the road racing I will have to send in my speedo for the second time since I purchased it in march of this year.
In being fair they replaced my first speedo for free even though it was out of warranty(it would not hold top end),but this one is going to cost me $75.00 plus shipping to get fixed(figuring that they won't replace it for free again).
I have taken great care of my electronics and I can't afford to go to a new type of Electronics, I'm stuck with Tekin.I have been a Tekin user since the early 1990's and have never had the problems that I am experiencing now.Not trying to slam Tekin but I am frustrated and not confident in the product right now.
I'm not saying that you shouldn't be frustrated but the issue you're having maybe easy to get by. Did you close the Hotwire and reopen it? Or did you just update and try to use it right away? The reason I ask is after I updated mine I had the same issue. The easy fix was to close and reopen it and presto it worked. It's a small quark but easy to get by.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

hairy,try to un install the HW and re install it on you PC you may have had some go wrong,i did mine three time the first was the rpm bug and then installed the new version the next day but it was still there so after the third time it was all good.worth a shot
Old 11-14-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
I'm not saying that you shouldn't be frustrated but the issue you're having maybe easy to get by. Did you close the Hotwire and reopen it? Or did you just update and try to use it right away? The reason I ask is after I updated mine I had the same issue. The easy fix was to close and reopen it and presto it worked. It's a small quark but easy to get by.
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
hairy,try to un install the HW and re install it on you PC you may have had some go wrong,i did mine three time the first was the rpm bug and then installed the new version the next day but it was still there so after the third time it was all good.worth a shot

Yea I tried uploading 4 times to the speedo and have downloaded the hotwire to the pc twice this a.m., no change
Old 11-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

FYI to all:

One of our guys had trouble with his tekin. LED 1,2 and 6,7 were flashing even though speedo was set to brushless fwd only. I noticed that one of the battery wires (bullet connectors) was touching the graphite topdeck. As soon as I moved the topdeck just a little to not have any contact with the wire. Everything went functional. I did this when the speedo was on.

I hope this can aid to ruling out your LED 1,2 6,7 issue before you guys send it to TEKIN.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Yea I tried uploading 4 times to the speedo and have downloaded the hotwire to the pc twice this a.m., no change
When you have upgrade to 212 from whatever version it is in dual mode
Switch off the dual mode than you have advantage settings available

Thanks

Ed
Old 11-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eded1
When you have upgrade to 212 from whatever version it is in dual mode
Switch off the dual mode than you have advantage settings available

Thanks

Ed
The problem has been found to be in the sensor port, if the rotor is in a certain position it will not work. Now before you guys tell me that it is the motor let me say I have tried three motors, 6 sensor cables and two radios and the results are the same.I put the same motors on a different speedo and they work fine. The problem is in the speedo at the sensor portion of the unit.
This will be the second time that a RS unit has failed since the original purchase in march. I don't abuse my equipment.I am somewhat dissapointed in the durability of these speed controllers. I have use Tekin since the 1990's and this is the most trouble I have had. They are still a great company and I don't intend to change brands,but it is kinda frustrating,and getting costly also.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hairy,

Sorry to hear about this issue. Where do you live? Shoot me a PM and I'll make sure to help you out the best I can. If you're closer to Tekin europe we have options.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Here's one.

My Tekin RS is now running 212 in my 12R5 powered by a TP 3.7 Lipo, TQ booster, and a Team Orion 7.5. Plenty of power, however I've noticed when running timing boost, the brakes seem weaker. Where I used to turn the brake EPA down to 60%, I now have to run up to 100% and the brakes are nowhere near as powerful. Any info will help.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Randy p.m. sent
Old 11-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The problem has been found to be in the sensor port, if the rotor is in a certain position it will not work. Now before you guys tell me that it is the motor let me say I have tried three motors, 6 sensor cables and two radios and the results are the same.I put the same motors on a different speedo and they work fine. The problem is in the speedo at the sensor portion of the unit.
This will be the second time that a RS unit has failed since the original purchase in march. I don't abuse my equipment.I am somewhat dissapointed in the durability of these speed controllers. I have use Tekin since the 1990's and this is the most trouble I have had. They are still a great company and I don't intend to change brands,but it is kinda frustrating,and getting costly also.
I have seen a sensor board on the speedo go bad before.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:39 AM

Post gears

im getting a 13.5t brushless motor soon and was wonding what gears i will have to change?
im gunna do this to my hpi rs4 rally. its completely standard.
i also use reedy wolfpack nimh batteries (3600mah 7.2v)
i plan on using it for all-round bashing-including drift, offroad, and crazy stunts(high speed)
so yeh...
what diffs
what spur
what pinion
whateva.

thanks, jim.
--pm me if you can--

Last edited by DEIGIMA; 11-15-2010 at 06:48 AM. Reason: cus your mum is FAT!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

how are people finding the 212 software? is it faster than 203 and 208 softwares?
Old 11-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smartypants
how are people finding the 212 software? is it faster than 203 and 208 softwares?
I have found it to be much faster overall in 17.5 touring.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Technically speaking it makes the same amount of power via timing setups and whatnot, but the delivery/feel just keeps getting better every time which is translating to faster laptimes.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Tekin website. http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.