Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi, Just loaded up the V200 and was looking for some help with the setup and maybe gearing suggestion.
Running a Tekin 13.5 on Asphalt track 60x100

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:48 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
well you said if 200 doesn't work for you, your going to try 200. Do you have two different versions of 200?

--pakk
Oh sorry. I meant if my 199 becomes a problem I have 200 to download and use. I must of not watched what I was typing.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by jon Perkins
I see on the setup thread for the tekins spedos, i see that some guy's look like they are running 40-50 deg totall timing correct me if im wrong, but i thought that 30-35 was really the max timing to run between the motor and speedo, anything else higher was bad for the motor
I'm sure others will reply but what i have gathered is as long as your motor is not getting too hot you ok. I try to keep all my motors under 175 and that has worked great for me. Most of my motors run in the 160's and I have been super happy with that and the performance I get at those temps.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
Oh sorry. I meant if my 199 becomes a problem I have 200 to download and use. I must of not watched what I was typing.
I have used the V199. I run now the V200.
It runs better. lower motor temps and the speedo reacts very good on the throttle.
Also the Turbo feels better.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jon Perkins
I see on the setup thread for the tekins spedos, i see that some guy's look like they are running 40-50 deg totall timing correct me if im wrong, but i thought that 30-35 was really the max timing to run between the motor and speedo, anything else higher was bad for the motor
35 to 45 total timing
I use now 47 timing and max Turbo
best result for me on my home track for now with the speedpassion.
With the Tekin Redline I run 42 total timing and max Turbo.
On my home track I even use with the Tekin redline only 35 Total timing with max Turbo.
Motor temp are good. all below the 180F.
Only in some races as I want as much power I can get the motor will be some times 190F. But the temp lowers after the race fast.
This is also alone as the air temp is high.
Normally even than I stay below the 180F.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have read the past 2 pages and i have a major headache!some are saying to do the throttle calibration and some no? if that is the fix than sweet i will do it but it sounds like it has worked for some and others disagree. so far i like the v200 and i will fricken love it if i could get the turbo to be consistant.i'm a racer in denver colorado and belong to colorado on road rc club.we have a sick ass track in lakewood that is basically a fricken super speedway!our straightaway is like 200ft +.we race 3 times a week, 2 nights of carpet and sundays on asphalt.anyways everybody in our club runs there motors hot.not that that is good but i see guys saying there motors are at like 130 and 150?we push our cars to the limit i won't stop gearing my car till it is around 180 to 200!on a big track, now carpet a little different but still about 175 to 180.anyways i thought that the turbo feature may be being affected by voltage drop as the batterys start to discharge. so after my long novel here is the calibration trick the fix or no?
Old 08-17-2009, 03:13 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by mikky32
I have used the V199. I run now the V200.
It runs better. lower motor temps and the speedo reacts very good on the throttle.
Also the Turbo feels better.
Thats funny. I keep reading how nice the 200 is but a few teams guys that I know where going back and forth. A few other non team guys like 199 better than the new 200 version.

I guess I will just have to try it and see how I like it. I can always go back if I don't like the results.

I keep watching the thread on ideas on settings with the 200 so when I try it I have a very good idea on what I should be doing to make it work at its best.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you have 200 installed in your esc and your hotwire. You should NOT need to do anything other than a standard radio calibration.

IF you find that the turbo is inconsistent try the epa trick to assure your esc is receiving full throttle from the radio.

There really shouldn't be any confusion.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Hey, guys.

Ran v200 here this weekend in TC Stock. Absolutely loved it. Ran zero on the motor, 15 boost, 20 turbo with .6sec delay. FDR was 4.56 on a tight track. Came off each run between 145 and 150 degrees for three qualifiers and a main. The race announcer was joking a bit saying that my three-speed electronic transmission would be DQ'd. Hilarious.

The trick for me was to find the gearing and timing settings where there was no noticable kick into turbo - just a smooth and hard pull on the straight while maintaining reasonable temps. I found, though, that I have been running many different combos depending on the track layout and whether I was running a diff, spool or one-way. Without finding the right settings it was simply something cool to watch toward the end of the straight. Spending the time thinking about what the esc is doing, and under what conditions it does so, is time well spent in chasing faster laptimes. Next week we'll see what can be done with the beast in Pro10 235mm GTP 2 cell LiPo class (in the middle of a European Classic Car Show, no less!).

Props to Randy et al for the support.
Phil
Old 08-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gilligan
Hey, guys.

Ran v200 here this weekend in TC Stock. Absolutely loved it. Ran zero on the motor, 15 boost, 20 turbo with .6sec delay. FDR was 4.56 on a tight track. Came off each run between 145 and 150 degrees for three qualifiers and a main. The race announcer was joking a bit saying that my three-speed electronic transmission would be DQ'd. Hilarious.

The trick for me was to find the gearing and timing settings where there was no noticable kick into turbo - just a smooth and hard pull on the straight while maintaining reasonable temps. I found, though, that I have been running many different combos depending on the track layout and whether I was running a diff, spool or one-way. Without finding the right settings it was simply something cool to watch toward the end of the straight. Spending the time thinking about what the esc is doing, and under what conditions it does so, is time well spent in chasing faster laptimes. Next week we'll see what can be done with the beast in Pro10 235mm GTP 2 cell LiPo class (in the middle of a European Classic Car Show, no less!).

Props to Randy et al for the support.
Phil
what motor?
Old 08-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Here's a thought for those thinking the turbo is getting soft/turning off/whatever after a few minutes of racing (if you have time to practice with lap timing)

Go out with the settings you have been using that you felt would only allow the turbo to last 1-4 minutes. Get some lap times you feel represent as close to your best effort as possible. Go back recharge, resauce and come back out and change nothing. Run until you think the turbo has shut off. Stop the car in the groove, go out to the car, and dial your throttle hi-point down just until you can't get full throttle flashing on the esc. Continue running as quickly as possible and see if you notice a difference in lap times.

Another way to do it would be to go out and run like normal, and then come in recharge and resauce and turn the turbo to zero leaving all the other settings the same and see what difference it makes. I couldn't see a definite drop in lap times in the run that I thought the turbo was easing off so I am expecting it was just in my head.

HTH
Old 08-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks all for the advice and info.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Fading Turbo?

The question that keeps coming to my mind is, do you have your turbo delay set to low?

As you run and your battery is going down, can the .5 second delay be too short to feel? It may be kicking in before you're wound out on the straight.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by or8ital
what motor?
TEKIN 17.5!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacinJ
The question that keeps coming to my mind is, do you have your turbo delay set to low?

As you run and your battery is going down, can the .5 second delay be too short to feel? It may be kicking in before you're wound out on the straight.
Nope... actually, even set at .5 seconds, when the turbo IS working, it doesn't actually kick in till 1/2 or more the way down our back straight. I would actually prefer .2 or .3 delay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.