Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
/joins club
welcome!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Got mine from Nexus Racing...they're in stock.

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=1906
must have just got them back in stock as I was checking Stormer and Nexus daily last week.
Just my luck I back ordered one from Stormer... I figured because they had my RS Pro before anyone else they would get the Hotwire back in stock first
Old 06-07-2008, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I just picked up a RS and hotwire off ebay. Axiomracing is the seller, they did have another few of the hotwires, and the pro RS in stock as well. I decided to go with just the RS since a 8.5 is probably the hottest motor my TC will ever see.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yay!! I just got my RS Pro from Axiom, thanks Dave, and installed it. Sweet, set it up in no time unlike a certain orange item. Can't wait to try it with a 4.5 LRP tomorrow but it seems smooooth.

Question, how much drag brake do you use (Brian Mc)?
Old 06-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

I got to practice with the RS today in my sedan. Ran great all day and never got hot even when it was a few teeth overgeared. Being able to adjust the timing was a plus because you can gear down to get the car to launch off the corners and then turn up the timing so that is just winds out on the straight. I ended up gearing down 3 teeth compared to the Novak that I was running.

I really only noticed the dual mode on start up and it launched best with the motor timing at zero. Once the car was rolling i couldn't notice any switch between sensored and sensorless.

The throttle felt great but I did have to turn the deadband down some. Can't wait to go back indoors and run some 12th with it.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Today was my 3rd weekend with the RS but was the first time I really played with the timing/gearing. I must say I really like being able to electronically adjust the timing. It's a much finer adjustment than gearing or motor timing, and doesn't result in as much heat. I tried Dave Arnold's theory on timing today (posted above). What I ended up doing was going down about 3 teeth (from the high 3.7's to 3.95) and have my timing at 80%. If you haven't guessed I run a 17.5 (Hacker for now). My motor temps were in the mid to high 160's after 6.5 minute runs and ESC temps barely hit 100. [I run a fan and heatsink on my motor] I felt my car was quick in the infield and had nice top end. I will play with this again next weekend.

I expect to have an Orion 17.5 to test soon if Stormer Hobbies ever decides to ship it
Old 06-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just a few qustions...cause I really want a RS

Does the RSpro ship with the Hotwire package?

Will the firmware be upgradeable in the future with more user options to play with?
Old 06-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trailranger
Just a few qustions...cause I really want a RS
Does the RSpro ship with the Hotwire package?
No, the Hotwire has to be purchased seperately. But it would be a good idea to sell it as a set :-)

Will the firmware be upgradeable in the future with more user options to play with?
Yes, the firmware is upgradeable.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Im having an issue with my RS. My local team driver requested an RMA and never got it and I have as well. Is the tech support dept at Tekin staffed?

...the problem Im having is that the ESC is getting extremely hot. I had one motor where the ESC would shut down after 30 seconds. So I tried another motor and ran it around a bit and the motor was at 135 and the ESC was at 160. Im afraid if I got my motor up to 160 then the ESC would meltdown.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by omoser
Yes, the firmware is upgradeable.
Any chance of having User Supported Open-Source programming?
Old 06-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by or8ital
Im having an issue with my RS. My local team driver requested an RMA and never got it and I have as well. Is the tech support dept at Tekin staffed?

...the problem Im having is that the ESC is getting extremely hot. I had one motor where the ESC would shut down after 30 seconds. So I tried another motor and ran it around a bit and the motor was at 135 and the ESC was at 160. Im afraid if I got my motor up to 160 then the ESC would meltdown.
well what i can say is that i'm using a high rpm 30x30mm fan that blows directly at the soldering posts, and running my 3.0T the ESC thermals after 4.20-4.30 at 230F. I was impressed that the case did not melt...
Old 06-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Tech Adept

Any chance of having User Supported Open-Source programming?
well not being connected to team tekin other than having their RS speedo, i cannot tell you that, but i would love the idea to write a linux client for the RS. Would save me from running vmware everytime i want to change a setting :-)
Old 06-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

I've just ordered from Axiom a RS pro ESC and I would like base settings for 4WD offroad use with 5cells and Velociti 4.5R. Thanks for your help

Olivier
Old 06-10-2008, 04:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by or8ital

Shoot an email to support @ teamtekin.com and to Sherri @ Teamtekin.com explaining the problem. Like most of the speedo companies out there it's a relatively small operation and if the support guy's at a race it can be a couple days before he gets back with you. Sherri may be able to help you out if the service guy's out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.