welcome!
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #318
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post
Got mine from Nexus Racing...they're in stock.

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=1906
must have just got them back in stock as I was checking Stormer and Nexus daily last week.
Just my luck I back ordered one from Stormer... I figured because they had my RS Pro before anyone else they would get the Hotwire back in stock first
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:09 AM   #319
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just picked up a RS and hotwire off ebay. Axiomracing is the seller, they did have another few of the hotwires, and the pro RS in stock as well. I decided to go with just the RS since a 8.5 is probably the hottest motor my TC will ever see.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #320
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yay!! I just got my RS Pro from Axiom, thanks Dave, and installed it. Sweet, set it up in no time unlike a certain orange item. Can't wait to try it with a 4.5 LRP tomorrow but it seems smooooth.

Question, how much drag brake do you use (Brian Mc)?
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #321
Tech Addict

I got to practice with the RS today in my sedan. Ran great all day and never got hot even when it was a few teeth overgeared. Being able to adjust the timing was a plus because you can gear down to get the car to launch off the corners and then turn up the timing so that is just winds out on the straight. I ended up gearing down 3 teeth compared to the Novak that I was running.

I really only noticed the dual mode on start up and it launched best with the motor timing at zero. Once the car was rolling i couldn't notice any switch between sensored and sensorless.

The throttle felt great but I did have to turn the deadband down some. Can't wait to go back indoors and run some 12th with it.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #322
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Today was my 3rd weekend with the RS but was the first time I really played with the timing/gearing. I must say I really like being able to electronically adjust the timing. It's a much finer adjustment than gearing or motor timing, and doesn't result in as much heat. I tried Dave Arnold's theory on timing today (posted above). What I ended up doing was going down about 3 teeth (from the high 3.7's to 3.95) and have my timing at 80%. If you haven't guessed I run a 17.5 (Hacker for now). My motor temps were in the mid to high 160's after 6.5 minute runs and ESC temps barely hit 100. [I run a fan and heatsink on my motor] I felt my car was quick in the infield and had nice top end. I will play with this again next weekend.

I expect to have an Orion 17.5 to test soon if Stormer Hobbies ever decides to ship it
Old 06-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #323
Tech Fanatic

Just a few qustions...cause I really want a RS

Does the RSpro ship with the Hotwire package?

Will the firmware be upgradeable in the future with more user options to play with?
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #324
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailranger View Post
Just a few qustions...cause I really want a RS
Does the RSpro ship with the Hotwire package?
No, the Hotwire has to be purchased seperately. But it would be a good idea to sell it as a set :-)

Quote:
Will the firmware be upgradeable in the future with more user options to play with?
Yes, the firmware is upgradeable.
omoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #325
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Im having an issue with my RS. My local team driver requested an RMA and never got it and I have as well. Is the tech support dept at Tekin staffed?

...the problem Im having is that the ESC is getting extremely hot. I had one motor where the ESC would shut down after 30 seconds. So I tried another motor and ran it around a bit and the motor was at 135 and the ESC was at 160. Im afraid if I got my motor up to 160 then the ESC would meltdown.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #326
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by omoser View Post
Yes, the firmware is upgradeable.
Any chance of having User Supported Open-Source programming?
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:53 AM   #327
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Im having an issue with my RS. My local team driver requested an RMA and never got it and I have as well. Is the tech support dept at Tekin staffed?

...the problem Im having is that the ESC is getting extremely hot. I had one motor where the ESC would shut down after 30 seconds. So I tried another motor and ran it around a bit and the motor was at 135 and the ESC was at 160. Im afraid if I got my motor up to 160 then the ESC would meltdown.
well what i can say is that i'm using a high rpm 30x30mm fan that blows directly at the soldering posts, and running my 3.0T the ESC thermals after 4.20-4.30 at 230F. I was impressed that the case did not melt...
Old 06-10-2008, 01:54 AM   #328
Tech Adept

Quote:
Any chance of having User Supported Open-Source programming?
well not being connected to team tekin other than having their RS speedo, i cannot tell you that, but i would love the idea to write a linux client for the RS. Would save me from running vmware everytime i want to change a setting :-)
Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 AM   #329
Tech Adept

Hi,

I've just ordered from Axiom a RS pro ESC and I would like base settings for 4WD offroad use with 5cells and Velociti 4.5R. Thanks for your help

Olivier
Old 06-10-2008, 05:44 AM   #330
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post

Shoot an email to support @ teamtekin.com and to Sherri @ Teamtekin.com explaining the problem. Like most of the speedo companies out there it's a relatively small operation and if the support guy's at a race it can be a couple days before he gets back with you. Sherri may be able to help you out if the service guy's out.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote